Chapter Five – No Regrets
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drew and I were an hour or so into drinking. It wasn’t so bad I told myself as I never drank before as I only came to the tavern to eat and converse with the adventurers or locals. Too young to drink or be with the wenches, not that I thought too much about either one.

The rest of the guards and the captain showed up a moment ago. They all congratulated me on my birthday and started buying me rounds. The night was going well. That’s of course when it started to go slightly downhill. The wenches started coming over to talk with the guards and of course Drew told them it’s my birthday. This man of course is always trying to give me a hard time. He knows damn well I don’t care about some whores or women in general. I just care about working hard to accomplish my goals.

“Come over here boy and introduce yourself.” Drew said while tapping his fist on the table to get my attention from talking with Captain Arthur. I looked over with a roll of my eyes and expected to see some older woman I would not be attracted to, but to my surprise there was a younger woman standing there staring at me. She was at least late teenage years or early twenties. Extremely beautiful on the verge of being perfect at about five foot four with lovely pale blonde hair, a cute nose and gorgeous hazel eyes. She was nearly breathtaking.

“H…hi there, my name is Samuel, may I ask yours?” I said while nervously staring at her. There is no way this beautiful woman is a prostitute. No way, I kept repeating in my mind.

“Hi there Samuel, my name is Ariel and my aren’t you polite. Most men around here are not that nice, you are as different as Drew here said you are. Nice, very nice indeed.” Ariel said while biting her lower lip and staring at me. I saw Drew in the corner of my eye looking at me with his stupid smirk, this bastard knew exactly how to get on my nerves.

“Well a beautiful woman like yourself deserves to be polite too and I would love to talk with you some more. Do you mind sitting next to me over here, I don’t want Drew over there to corrupt you more than he already has.” I said while smiling at Ariel then glaring over at Drew who continued to smirk.

“Of course, handsome.” Ariel said while seductively walking over to my side of the table. Her hips swaying with each step. Her body was just as amazing as her face was beautiful. A full chest that was full and perky and a perfect curved backside. I couldn’t help but stare and doubt my eyes.

“Do you mind Samuel.” Ariel said standing next to me as I haven’t moved over yet because of me just staring at her while she walked over.

“Of course, my bad.” I said while scooting over and nearly spilling my ale over in the rush.

I heard a laugh from Drews direction, but I ignored it because I didn't want to be angry when sitting next to this beautiful woman.

“So, Ariel what brings you to Wyvern Burial? How long have you lived here?” I asked while ignoring Drew’s laughing.

Ariel smiled with a knowing look. She then snuggled in closer to me and pushed the ale towards me to try and help ease my nervousness I imagined. I take the ale and drink it while Wendy brought more over. I grab the new ale and start drinking that as well.

“I came to town about a month ago or so. I am just passing along on my way back home. Just wanted to get out of my old town and explore the world around me before being stuck in one place married with kids you know?” Ariel said then grabbing my ale and drinking a bit from it. My heart was racing as I saw her beautiful lips on my cup and then looking at the cup in complete jealousy. I shook my head to help clear it. I look over at Ariel as she laughs like a song from the heavens.

“I wouldn’t really know but I guess I can understand. I don’t plan on being in this small town for much longer. I have been practicing on becoming an adventurer and completing quests around the world to make myself stronger to help protect the weak.” I said completely boasting and puffing out my chest. Ariel laughed and just smiled at me.

“Very honorable young Samuel. To be young and believe in helping the world. I envy you Samuel.” Ariel said while drinking more ale. She seemed to deflate somewhat, and it makes me a bit nervous. I was ruining the mood.

“Ariel how about finding someplace quiet to talk.” I said while my face got bright red.

“Oh.” Ariel said with raised eyebrows.

“That is not what I meant, I didn’t mea-”

“I know Samuel, so cute when you get flustered huh, here come with me.” Ariel said after interrupting me, making a fool of myself.

Ariel and I walked over to James the tavern manager. The whole time we walked towards him, James was giving us the knowing look. It was making me blush and become really nervous. As if noticing Ariel grabs my hand and it helps me calm down a bit.

“Could we please have a key to a room for two please?” Ariel said while smiling at the tavern manager.

“Of course, beautiful lady, here is your key, room 304. That will be 5 copper pieces, you can pay now or pay tomorrow morning.” James said while sliding the key over. The economy of the country was set up as 100 copper pieces equaled 1 silver piece, 100 silver pieces equaled 1 gold piece and 100 gold pieces equaled 1 platinum piece. The average commoner made about 3 silvers a month if in a good trade like blacksmithing or mercantile. The other commoners with lower jobs will make about 1 silver a month if lucky. An adventurer makes about 10 silvers to 1 gold depending how good they are and how many jobs they are able to complete. They live luxurious lives or die early.

I start to pull out some copper, but Ariel stops me and puts the 5 copper pieces on the bar. James gives a sly smile while grabbing the money and walks over to other patrons.

“You didn’t have to do that, I could have paid.” I said with a determined look on my face. I didn’t want this beautiful woman to think of me as a poor excuse of a man.

“I know handsome, just because I am a woman doesn’t mean I can’t pay for some things.” Ariel said while smiling at me. She then grabbed my hand and started leading me to the stairs. That’s when I heard it, cheering from the table of guards and Drew. I looked over with a glare and it only made them get louder.

Ariel and I started to walk up the stairs and I continued to get more nervous. I started to think about what to do or how to handle the situation without making myself look like a complete fool. Ariel sensing something leans over to whisper in my ear.

“Don’t worry Samuel, I will take care of you tonight.” Her hot and sweet breath on my ear. My blood started to boil at this point and I was ready to grab her and drag her to the room right then and there.

“Sorry I never did anything quite like this.” I said while swallowing my saliva.

“That’s a good thing, I don’t mind teaching. Here we are, room 304. You ready Samuel?” Ariel said while leaning against the door while staring into my eyes.

“Yes.” I whispered, entrapped by her beauty.

“Just remember Samuel, no regrets.” Ariel said before kissing me. I kissed her back clumsy but passionately. I grabbed her and opened the room before falling onto the bed in a passionate embrace.

1