Chapter 3
153 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was not too strange of a situation, since his mother and father were both of the Elementary level seven in their cultivations which meant that they only had to theoretically eat once every week since the heavenly energy within their bodies would last them for at least one year of not eating or drinking. In more severe cases, depending on the cultivation technique, a cultivator could go centuries without needing to eat or drink, but that was too much to ask for his parents and their current level of comprehension into the Heavenly Dao.

""Patience is required when pursuing immortality as a cultivator so you should only worry if you find yourself in a position of being unable to grow. But until then, you should allow the heavens to take you to the destination which was already predetermined for you in its eyes!" Pan Chao's mother preached to him with a firm expression on her face.

Even though her clan was destroyed, it was considered much more formidable compared to the smaller Pan clan. Therefore, any of the teachings she received, Pan Chao would work tirelessly to pick apart and to soak in the wisdom. Pan Chao's grandfather was of the Grand Master stage of cultivation but rarely stayed within the clan to overlook it.

Due to their strongest expert normally not being present, it was much easier for whoever set the trap, to destroy the clan. Even now after many were sent out to collect any information about it including many experts who were affiliated with his grandfather, there were no leads concerning those responsible for the destruction to occur. The only clue that they had, was that his grandfather was thrown into a strong prison-like barrier which gave the remainder of the force the time needed to enact the plan.

"Mother, is it true that my grandfather was a peerless expert within our Highwind Commandery?" Pan Chao after remembering these thoughts, asked his mother in a polite manner. "I still am unable to think about who would target such a person.���

"Indeed he was a very formidable figure but that is all in the past now. The only thing that we can do now, is hope that one day, you will also become a formidable figure who could resurrect our fallen clan. Still, such matters should not be on your mind since you are not even strong enough to spar with your father." his mother replied in a joking type manner.

"Enough about the past, you need to concentrate on the present and make arrangements for the future in your spare time. Under the banner of our Pan clan, you should have no issues quietly cultivating and building up some resources. Better yet, you are not to even mention your mother's old clan or relatives until you reach the Intermediate stage as a cultivator!" his father said in an angered manner.

Even if Pan Chao brought up his grandfather in a good sense, the anger and humiliation that his parents had to go through since that period of time was nothing short of a living nightmare. Due to losing the ability to be used as a political chip by the clan, Pan Chao's father was forced to endure harsh tasks even though his cultivation could eventually place him in an elder's seat. Pan Chao was unaware of how badly his parents were treated, and this was why he worked so diligently for a clan that had done this to his family.

After eating, Pan Chao walked back to his room to rest. He was excited because before falling asleep at night, he would read through a small scroll that he took out of the clan's library that had many different types of formations. If one were to call him a bookworm, that would more or less fit both Pan Chao's personality and demeanor. However, Pan Chao felt that even if he were to remain a slender and not very muscular individual, as long as he could surpass even the elder who was guiding him, not a single soul would look down on him.

The formation that Pan Chao was reading, was one that allowed the formations expert the ability to inscribe a special seal onto a small object that could block a single full power attack of a peak Elementary stage expert. Clearly, this was an introductory seal, and could be used as the foundation of a stronger seal if the formations expert was formidable enough to make the correct changes or to even expand on the foundation of the seal.

The only two formations that Pan Chao was able to create was a small barrier to block out the average Elementary stage cultivator who lacked a weapon, as well as a seal he was able to place on his hand that allowed him to launch a full powered punch that could kill the strongest mortal if needed in a single strike.

These two formations were extremely basic especially due to the not so special effects that would be useful to anyone even as an Elementary stage cultivator, but what Pan Chao cared more about, was the fact that he was able to learn the intricacies concerning these formations and their foundations. With the knowledge he had obtained after learning them, as long as he continued to experiment with other seals and inscriptions, he could at least increase the effects of said seals and even go as far as building his own.

What he truly wanted to do, was to be able to create a large barrier with very little resources needed. There was once a legendary immortal who specialized in formations in the world who was able to create very advanced illusion type barriers with only an ordinary rock, let alone actual resources that were used to do the same such as formation flags and such.

Pan Chao although having such unique dreams for his future, was at the very least able to live in the present and understood that such tasks could be achievable as long as he continued down his path and cultivated both his Qi cultivation technique as well as becoming more and more well versed in formations. He was still far from being able to even assist blacksmiths to create stronger items, which was a requirement for someone to be considered a two star formations expert.

4