Chapter 6
121 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because two star formation experts were needed the most within the Pan clan to at the very least keep it from declining, many resources were put into those who showed enough wisdom and luck to pursue such a path. If it was not for the fact that the Pan clan only had two of such experts left, including Pan Chao's master who was getting close to retirement age, than Pan Xi would have not spared a single glance even if Pan Chao took out over one hundred scrolls in one go.

"Thank you elder for your suggestion, this disciple of our Pan clan will take elder's suggestion to heart and move ahead accordingly." Pan Chao after pondering over the elder's words told him before cuffing his hands once more and heading into the library. Pan Chao thought about it, and realized that the elder might have given him the suggestion because that was the Pan clan's limit.

As far as those who were the outer or even majority of inner disciples of the Pan clan, very few would know that the clan might see a decline soon if there was not someone from the younger generation who had the potential to become a two star formations expert. The only reason that Pan Chao had some guesses of this being the case, was because he had overheard his master talk to the only other formations expert within the clan once concerning this matter.

The Pan clan's library was in a rather large building, and along with Pan Chao, there were at least one hundred disciples currently within, searching the shelves and even looking through many of the scrolls. Ignoring the other disciples, Pan Chao quickly searched and found what he was looking for, before bringing the scrolls to the inner disciple in charge of handing out copies of the scrolls to others.

"Not bad! Grand Palm, Thunder God's Stomp, and Dragon Dive are all very good basic martial arts that would be a good choice for anyone beginning their path." the inner disciple seeing the three scrolls that Pan Chao asked to take out of the library after handing over the two formation scrolls on his last visit.

The Grand Palm technique focused on making one's palm sturdy enough to be equal in strength with an ordinary weapon and when practiced to the peak, was able to crush through an ordinary piece of equipment. Pan Chao chose this technique, because to him, he could use its properties in order to be more defensive against opponents. This was also a very good technique that was the first book of a very strong technique that had twelve volumes in total. If he could find the second and third books, Pan Chao could make his body sturdy enough to take on a low tier magic treasure weapon!

The Thunder God's Stomp technique was a kick type technique that did not focus on strength, but rather speed. Legend had it that before dying, one of the many Thunder Gods that existed within the world was able to deconstruct his Thunder Dao to the point of being able to create a foundation based technique which would allow anyone who wanted to go down the same path the ability to start better than he himself was able to. It may have been considered a basic martial arts technique, but it was usually used as a foundation for cultivators who wanted to pursue the Thunder Dao path or even one of the many Minor Dao paths that the Thunder Dao offered.

The Dragon Dive technique was a movement technique that had two different forms, one of speed, and one of agility. Once mastered, any cultivator could use the technique as a foundation for a much stronger and personal movement technique. With such a technique, Pan Chao did not have to worry about fleeing from someone of similar strength if a situation got messy. It may have only been the one and only volume, but it was up to said experts to create more volumes after implementing their own understandings towards the Dao paths of their choosing.

With three very good basic martial arts techniques now in his possession, Pan Chao finally chose to head to the Pan clan's training grounds in order to begin learning them. It was not wise to juggle all three at once, so Pan Chao had decided to work on the Grand Palm technique first, since it was the only one out of the three that had both offensive and defensive uses against opponents.

Upon arriving at the Pan clan's training grounds, Pan Chao saw that many disciples who did not have day jobs with the clan or who were out on business for one of the many guilds that existed within Crimson Circle were all training in their own little spots. "Oh look who it is!" Many of the youths who were present recognized Pan Chao, but those less familiar were somewhat confused since they had never seen him before.

It was mandatory for every child in the younger generation of the Pan clan who did not qualify for different roles like Pan Chao did concerning the path of formations, to be forced to train in this training ground area. In this way, if a peerless genius were to emerge, the outside world would not know unless one of the many elders of the Pan clan chose to release such information. This also guaranteed that the Pan clan's martial strength would not collapse.

Pan Chao only waved at some of the disciples of the clan that recognized him before withdrawing the Grand Palm technique scroll from his storage pouch. Seeing that he had a storage pouch, those who did not recognize him, at least understood that his background was not so simple even within their clan. Since Pan Chao did not stop to speak to anyone, he was left alone since this was afterall a place for gruesome training.

Before even trying to begin with putting his body and palm in the correct position, Pan Chao instead wanted to read through the scroll several times in order to try to understand the path he needed to take in order to succeed at learning the first form of the Grand Palm technique. This may have seemed strange to the younger disciples who looked over out of curiosity, but those with more experience could only nod their head in agreement.

3