Chapter 9
110 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being a burden of sorts to his parents was one thing, but now he was surrounded by nothing but the pitch black darkness. Was there anything else that could make this get any worse for Pan Chao? Trapped in this dark space for what seemed to be over five minutes, Pan Chao's mind began to wander as he tried to come up with different methods in order to find his way back to his room.

Before he could enact any of these surely to fail plans, Pan Chao saw a dim light far away that was creeping closer and closer to him. With no ability to escape what was about to happen, Pan Chao let out a deep exhale as he shook his head in contemptment. The light became brighter and larger the closer it got to Pan Chao until it finally touched him, transporting him out of the dark space he was trapped in.

Pan Chao was fortunately back in his world as far as he could tell, but the scenery was completely different in a chaotic and breathtaking way. He was in the sky looking down at legions of human cultivators fiercely fighting to their full strength against hordes of demon beasts. Both sides numbered in the millions, and only a handful of experts on each side stood out to Pan Chao due to their heaven defying cultivation levels.

A muttered sounding voice sounded behind Pan Chao as he tried to turn around but saw no one present. But even so, the voice became clearer and clearer until Pan Chao could hear the repeated chant of the voice. "Infinity is infinite." Just three words caused Pan Chao to remain very confused as an ancient looking human cultivator landed in the center of both human and demon beast armies. This figure looked to have lived for countless years, as even the air around him seemed to stand still, unwilling to move until he let it.

As the ancient looking cultivator appeared, an extremely large and terrifying demon beast also appeared straight across from him. The demon beast looked to be devilish in nature, but seemed to control the entire earth beneath it as if anything in the world that wanted to live, had to ask its permission to.

The two figures stood across from each other for three breaths of time before the demon beast began to speak to the ancient looking human cultivator. "Today will be the day that I devour you and learn the true secrets of the heavens. If you dare to resist, my legions of fellow demon beasts will not just wipe you human scum off of this world, but they will make sure to make your kind extinct!"

Pan Chao as well as all of the other humans present felt their bodies shiver because the demon beast's voice sounded very horse and domineering which made everyone feel both a high level of fear but also eerie pressure. What was interesting to Pan Chao, was that the demon beast's words to the ancient looking human expert seemed to have absolutely no effect and was equivalent to an ants in front of him.

"I have given you a chance thirty thousand years ago to remain idle and to pull back your children so that both of our species could live in peace. However, due to your actions today, it seems that such a solution would have never been possible in the first place. This old man has lived for over one hundred thousand years, but it seems that in order to seal you, I must put everything into this attack."

With the flick of his wrist, the ancient looking human cultivator withdrew an object that looked exactly like the one that Pan Chao picked up from that dying female expert two nights before this. The object glowed extremely bright as the old man started his chanting. "Infinity is infinite!" Shrieking from the pain, the demon beast that seemed strong enough to devour the entire world suddenly felt pain all over its body as its entire existence began to turn into a black mist before the sphere-like object absorbed the black mist little by little.

Halting the chants, the ancient looking human cultivator looked up and seemed to have spotted Pan Chao who was still in the sky observing the entirety of the scene. "There are many secrets hidden within this treasure." as the man spoke, the scene disappeared and only Pan Chao and the man were present within a bright space. "I have cultivated for over one hundred thousand years, but did not have the luck needed to unlock every secret available. I am looking forward to seeing if you will be able to."

As if he was trying to find the words to speak, there was only one thing that Pan Chao was able to muster up after witnessing such a sight. "Senior, who are you?" was the only question he could ask before the figure only grinned before disappearing, leaving Pan Chao in this bright space alone, with only the sphere-like object to keep him company.

Once the great figure disappeared, Pan Chao had many thoughts running through his head including a large series of questions. Reaching out, Pan Chao was able to actually hold the object in his hand as he looked at it with great reverence. Unfortunately, not only did he see anything different about the object, but he was now completely trapped in a mysterious space with no known exit.

Before he could curl up in a ball and cry in torment, the sphere-like object begun to shake within his hand causing Pan Chao to inspect it once more before a bright light shone from it, causing a series of letters to appear above it, in the language that Pan Chao was familiar with speaking and reading. The words seemed to be a basic formation pattern that Pan Chao had never seen before in his life or had read in even the most ancient of scrolls back in the Pan clan's library.

3