Chapter 12
105 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alas, after thinking about it long and hard, I have decided in the end that maybe I was the one at fault and have dedicated my life to assisting this Pan clan of ours to reach new heights. That ancestor of ours is quite capable and with my position as elder, we have completely reshaped the Pan clan and continued to grow until we were the second strongest power of Crimson Circle."

"We would be the number one strongest if that damnable Kong clan had not chosen to use a large portion of their resources to recruit a Master stage expert. It is fine since making such a move for the short term gains means that once you reach my stage of cultivation and a two star formation expert, there will be a day that we will overtake them and at that moment, glory will be within the Pan clan's grasp!"

Hearing his master's words just made Pan Chao feel sick to his stomach. The fact that he was mistreated was terrible enough, but for his master to be brainwashed was really pitiful. None of this mattered to him, because his master was still stronger and had more knowledge compared to him in formations. Even if he was a cripple, Pan An was someone to Pan Chao who had great worth to his future growth.

"As per your request, I have broken through to Elementary level one of my cultivation and am ready to continue my studies shadowing you." Getting back up on his feet, Pan Chao felt rather awkward that he was now considered to be completely using Pan An for his own personal gain, but he was confident that in the future, he could repay these actions of his, but instead of to the Pan clan, it would be to Pan An directly.

"Yes, you told me last night which is very good news because I have finally begun working on an illusionary flag formation that can help cover our headquarters in a thick fog so that our enemies would be unable to locate our members for a time even if they are very capable. With flag formations, it is important to have the proper materials, because an ordinary flag would be too easy to break and if enough are broken, the entire formation would collapse."

"Our Patriarch approved twelve grade one flag treasures but part of this approval was that I would have to not only allow you to assist me with building it, but I would also have to hand over the formation's key to him. As you know my disciple from reading some basic scrolls on flag formations, is that there is a seal that acts as a key that a cultivator could use to control it."

Hearing the stipulations that the Patriarch of the clan gave to Pan An in order to approve the flag formation was not surprising to Pan Chao. This was because as much as Pan An had made the clan in terms of lump sum gold pieces, the Pan clan rewarded him rather frequently due to his efforts. Plus, twelve grade one flag treasures would cost quite a lot of gold that could have been used to purchase medical pills to increase the martial strength of the Pan clan.

For the next three weeks, Pan Chao assisted his master and even was able to draw some of his own inscription patterns onto the flags to increase their power. He made the decision to not use the foundation pattern that the sphere-like object had given to him, but because he was not using it, the knowledge and experience Pan Chao gained from working on this project allowed his understanding to deepen greatly.

After finishing the task which his master Pan An had given to him to complete, Pan Chao began to take his leave in order to head back to his home. This was a normal thing for him to do as the weeks went on and he was not shackled too much by Pan An. He was unsure of the reason, but Pan Chao felt it might of had to do with the fact that as time went on, he was able to complete the smaller tasks fairly quickly.

Whether it was carving inscription patterns on one of the flags, or listening to Pan An's instructions on how to proceed, Pan Chao was like a student studying his craft with a teacher personally assigned to him. And so, even with it still being very light out, Pan Chao was able to leave to head back home.

During these past three weeks, in his spare time at night, Pan Chao practiced the three martial arts techniques in the basement section of his home where no one could detect his spiritual energy being used. The reason that this could be the case, was because the basement of their home was covered in a layer of a protective type dust that completely erases the detection of a cultivator while in the space.

For clans such as the Pan clan, such arrangements for clansmen's homes was not too big of an ask, and this was done right after Pan Chao became the personal disciple of Pan An. It seemed that the Pan clan was trying its best to amend any ill thoughts that Pan Chao might have had for its future, because of his reaction to what they chose to do against his family. On the other hand, since Pan An saw that Pan Chao was becoming very formidable in making formations, doing this could only ease Pan Chao's heart for the time being.

Training three weeks did not amount to a large increase of his strength, but Pan Chao was at least able to learn the proper forms for all three of the techniques. As long as an Elementary level two expert was caught off guard, Pan Chao felt that he would be a good match for that cultivator. However, what he lacked was being able to properly spar with others at his cultivation level.

3