Chapter 13
106 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For a cultivator to truly grow, they would have to enter into battle eventually. In Pan Chao's case, he did not need to go through a life or death battle, but simply by sparring would allow him to grow rather swiftly given his age and low cultivation level. The average inner Pan clan disciple that was his age, already achieved the Elementary level three, since they would have started training at the young age of eight years old.

This did not deter Pan Chao since in retrospect, even being a one star formations expert made him as valuable to any clan as an Elementary level five cultivator. From how he currently felt, it would not take long for him to advance to a two star formations expert. What he was most concerned about, was not only his family, but how long it would take him to become a three star formations expert.

The initial jump between a one star and two star formations expert was rather short. Unfortunately, the average formations expert would usually only reach the third star after their cultivation reached the Initial stage of cultivation as a Qi refinement cultivator. That being said, Pan Chao had only begun his journey as a Qi refinement cultivator, and because of this, there was simply no way to calculate his future properly.

Arriving at his home, Pan Chao found his mother sitting down and cultivating. Seeing her son walking in from being out the entire day, brought a smile to her face as she gestured for Pan Chao to sit down for a minute so that they could talk about something. "As you know, my once prosperous clan was completely eliminated before I was married to your father." Pan Chao could only nod his head as he continued to listen.

"What you do not know is that before its destruction, I was given a body refinement cultivation method as well as my clan's signature movement technique that was heavily sought after when I was your age. Since we have already made arrangements to leave Crimson Circle soon due to the Pan clan making it clear that they would rather not allow you to properly cultivate when you have such potential, I wanted to gift both to you."

"It is important for you to cultivate as a Qi refinement cultivator in order to help you better grasp and grow as a formations expert, but for your own survival, you should still work on your Body refinement with this cultivation method and even learn this movement technique. My father and uncles who had done this, were able to have command over hundreds of other experts and many feared them."

Hearing how domineering his relatives once were caused Pan Chao's facial expression to change from one of interest, to one of shock as he listened to his mother before he finally replied. "From reading some books, I have noticed that Body refinement cultivators were physically dominant and used shaman energy in order to use heaven defying techniques while Qi refinement cultivators use spiritual energy to unleash heavenly energy and techniques."

"What I do not understand, is why it would be so necessary for me to train as both a Qi refinement and a Body refinement cultivator? Is it not important that I raise my Qi refinement stage to a high level so that my work as a formations expert can help bring our family more gold in the future?" Pan Chao felt puzzled and many questions were flowing through his mind, but luckily his mother was patient and helped guide him.

"What separates Body and Qi refinement cultivators the most, is that once you reach the Adept stage as a Body refinement cultivator, you could regrow body parts. It is even scarier the further you could go, just as an example, my uncle was a Master stage cultivator and he was able along with this cultivation method, regrow his entire body as long as his enemies failed to destroy his head from a single drop of his blood!"

"Not only that, but your ancestor on my side of the family learned the cultivation method and technique from an ancient Eagle demon beast. It was injured and on the verge of death when our ancestor found it and tried to assist it the best that he could. To his shock, the wounds were too severe to save the Eagle's life, but due to his efforts of trying to help it, the Eagle demon beast handed over two scrolls."

"Since then, every ancestor of our clan tried using the two scrolls in order to breakthrough into higher stages. It was also part of our clan's history that many were able to easily break into the Ancestor stage of cultivation using it as their foundation. With so many powerful experts in a single clan, many others eventually started to act against us until we eventually found ourselves without any Grand Master stage cultivators and were forced to end up in this weak Commandery."

"Now with only you and I being the remaining members of the clan, it is our responsibility to work hard to resurrect the once proud clan of mine. One day on your travels if you are able to, there are many ruins and areas of fallen clans similar to mine. If you are able to explore said ruins or mysterious spaces, you might be able to acquire a much larger clan library with countless techniques and many medical herbs among other resources."

"But for now, just take these two scrolls, my body was injured during one of my travels before I married your father so I am unable to cultivate to a higher cultivation level so such things are unneeded. As for our plans on moving, I have already made proper arrangements with an independent village not too far from Crimson Circle."

After receiving the two scrolls, Pan Chao quickly excused himself and went into the basement of his home. For him to receive a cultivation method that would allow him to use it even at the Ancestor stage of his Body cultivation was an incredibly big deal. Depending on the cultivation method, a cultivator would have to constantly find new ones to use once they exceeded the maximum potential of said cultivation method.

2