Chapter 19
84 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, Pan Chao's heart skipped a beat as he began daydreaming scenarios of his parents being killed by Pan Lei who was currently present with two guards, all three who were fully capable of doing so.

Seeing Pan Chao's reaction actually caused Pan Lei and the two guards to muster a quick laugh before he continued explaining the situation to the family. "Your parents agreed to serve the royal family back at the capital in exchange for your absolute freedom and so we accepted."

"All you have to do is gather your belongings and these two guards will escort you to the Willows Cove Commandery which is very far away from here. You can keep your name since the destruction of the Pan clan will not be seen as a big deal throughout the world but you will be staying in a village until you are confident enough to either join a local school or sect as per your parent's request."

"So go on up and hurry because from my sources, the Dark Raven Church's headquarters has been found yesterday and an assault on it will occur tonight. Once your Patriarch receives the news, he will shut down the entire Pan clan and may even punish anyone including your master Pan An who has knowledge about the arrangements. If that happens before we can get you out, the deal would be void."

Pan Chao hearing all of this was absolutely shocking, but thanks to him cultivating a very strong cultivation method, his mind and soul was much stronger compared to a normal humans. Therefore, receiving another nod from his parents, Pan Chao rushed up to his room to gather his belongings.

"It seems that your life is about to drastically change. Are you sure that you are ready for everything that is about to happen? Your Pan clan may have treated your family poorly, but they are after all still related to you by blood."

Senior Cao kept trying to hold a mental conversation with Pan Chao, but he was simply not answering her. The reason was simply because he realized that the weak was not capable of doing what it was that they wished. Not only were his parents no match for Pan Lei, but the two followers he had were capable enough to killing his family by themselves!

If it was not for the fact that his parents seemed to have agreed to the terms he was notified about, Pan Chao was ready to risk his life for his family to escape. But before his mind and heart were fully corrupted by the feeling of worthlessness, an idea popped into his head.

"Senior Cao, is it possible that my parents would be used as witnesses for the Dark Raven Church and the Pan clan's destruction? If my assumption is correct, there would be no reason that they would be treated poorly by the royal family!"

All Pan Chao could hear was silence as he finally finished packing his most important belongings in a small storage ring that his father had once gave him as a gift for being accepted as a disciple by Pan An.

Pan Chao did not have many belongings other than several sets of clean clothes and some of the scrolls two which were from his mother and three which he was still borrowing from the Pan clan's library. After he sat down on his bed just to take a few deep breaths before heading downstairs, Senior Cao finally replied to him.

"Moving forward, you will more than likely not be able to see your parents again in this lifetime. Your mother and father's cultivation levels are extremely low and it is unlikely that obtaining a stronger cultivation method, that they would be able to live much longer than their current age limit."

"If you become a heavenly immortal one day, you may be able to make arrangements with one of the many emperors of the underworld. At that point in time, their memories of you could be given back regardless of which world they are rebirthed into."

Not being able to see his parents for what may be tens of thousands of years if he was considered both lucky and a genius, caused Pan Chao to feel a large pressure enter into his mind. Senior Cao was unable to say anything more, but even she wished that Pan Chao could eventually overcome this pain.

When seeking the Dao, it was an absolute must for one's heart and soul to not be clouded either with pain or regret. If Pan Chao was unable to overcome this obstacle in his life, there was no telling how long it would be for him to advance in his cultivation.

Making his way downstairs after clearing his mind enough not to crumble and breakdown, Pan Chao looked at Pan Lei and said only one sentence. "I am ready to head out at any time."

However, Pan Lei instead of giving his orders to the two guards to help escort Pan Chao away, smirked. "Pan Chao, the reason I have decided to spare you and assist your parents with working for the rest of their lives instead of being slaughtered here and now, is because I see value in your future."

"When you arrive at the small village, it will be a test of your potential because it is a very poor village due to the local raiders using it for target practice. If you survive and even flourish, I would be willing to allow you to see your parents again but to do all of this within the span of fifty years seems highly unlikely."

"You two can take him and leave us now. Pan Chao remember one last thing, because you have not been found to have made any items for the Dark Raven Church, there is no crime to charge you with, but this sacrifice of your parents mean that they love you greatly so on their behalf, try to live a decent life."

Without delaying a single moment, both guards appeared behind Pan Chao. One of the two knocked him out with a simple strike on the back of his neck while the other absorbed him into a mysterious looking transportation treasure.

2