Chapter 21
80 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the top experts of the Pan clan now present and awaiting the Patriarch's orders, there was no more time for him to entertain these thoughts as the sun was finally rising into the sky. "Lord Patriarch, everyone is ready to begin the operation of attacking the Crescent Moon Sect." Before the Patriarch was able to turn around, Pan Lei was the first to speak out of the group.

Turning around, the top members of the Pan clan all had hard expressions on their faces as they saw the unsightly look that the Patriarch had on his own face. The only person present who had a different expression was of course Pan Lei who had his signature smirk on his face. "Strange, after remaining here for over an hour, roughly two minutes ago I lost the ability to sense the other clan members."

Hearing the Patriarch's words caused panic in everyone present who then began to try to sense others. It was shocking to the extreme that not a single person present was able to do the same as even some elders lost their bearings. "Oh Lord Patriarch, why are you worrying about the other members of the Pan clan, when you should be worried about yourself?"

After Pan Lei replied, he raised his left hand as a large seal appeared from above him before separating and flying as if it was a living creature around the small exit of the Pan clan's headquarters. After three breaths of time, the scenery changed greatly as everyone present witnessed countless dead corpses littered in the area as each building was either on fire, or already had turned to ash.

"Traitor!" one of the elders shouted out as his speed was swift and releasing a palm strike towards Pan Lei. However, before the elder's palm was able to connect with Pan Lei's head, he actually disappeared as the elder's own head exploded into one hundred different pieces. "Acting like I was only at the Adept stage of cultivation was truly tiring but now that I no longer have to act, I can finally move freely."

Hearing Pan Lei's voice around them was concerning to everyone present who had now withdrawn their strongest weapons and equipment in order to protect themselves. Suddenly Pan Lei appeared once more near the Patriarch, but with a snap of his finger, fifty black clothed experts appeared surrounding the entire group of the remnants of the Pan clan. "I would love to stay and chat, but I must go now and personally wipe out the Dark Raven Church. Do not worry, although I am unable to have some fun with all of you, these followers of mine are more than happy to join you."

"Hmph!" hearing everything that was being exchanged and even seeing one of the elders of the clan being killed almost immediately with seemingly no effort, the Patriarch could only groan about it in his heart. "If we fall today by battling it out with your subordinates, can you at the very least tell me what stage of cultivation you have reached?" Hearing the Patriarch's request seemed a little strange to Pan Lei, but he couldn't help but to respond to such a request.

"My cultivation has already reached the Ancestor stage of cultivation which means I could easily be the Patriarch of my own clan if I chose to in a fairly strong Commandery. Alas, in my case, the royal family had raised me to be a moving piece of theirs so all I could do is serve their agendas to the best of my ability instead. However, such a fate seems much better compared to the fate of the Pan clan and all of the other forces I have slaughtered for the past eight hundred years." After laughing at his own words, Pan Lei once again disappeared as his laughter echoed.

Other than the Patriarch, there were now no other Adept stage cultivators to assist the remaining members of the Pan clan while Pan Lei's subordinates were all at least of the Adept stage of cultivation. To call it an absolute slaughter would only be putting it lightly as only one minute passed and everyone except the Patriarch was still alive.

"It would be such a waste to kill you here and now since you at least have reached the Adept stage level four of cultivation. How about you make a heavenly oath to fully support the royal family and instead of killing you, we could give you a lowly position at the capital?" one of the subordinates of Pan Lei asked the Patriarch, his face still completely covered so no one else could see it.

This subordinate, unlike the forty nine others, had a red plate on one of the sleeves on his combat gear. The Patriarch was unable to tell what this had meant, but all he could make from this, was that this individual was above the other forty nine subordinates in rank. "Why don't you just go and eat a-" before he could finish his response, the Patriarch's head exploded as all fifty black clothed experts headed out to assist their supervisor to take down the Dark Raven Church.

The fresh smell of blood and fire swept through Crimson Circle as every major power within the city sent some representatives to check out the situation. What seemed like an opportunity to plunder the Pan clan, turned out to be a sad reality as each expert arrived to see everyone and everything destroyed.

Only the number one expert under Crimson Circle's governor remained as every other expert left. It was clear that the governor knew what exactly occurred here but no one was willing to go out of their way to ask. Instead, they could only report their findings to their superiors which were the leaders of each power behind them.

The only thing that they were able to look forward to, was bidding on the land of the Pan clan's once headquarters. However, due to the sheer level of destruction, it looked like it would take time to clean up the mess and clear the area.

2