Chapter 22
78 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the only valuables of the Pan clan were some techniques and training methods that were not at all special, Pan Lei and his subordinates did not need to spare any additional time by looting. After all, they were part of the many experts who directly served the royal family and were in no need hurting for such things.

Looking at the destruction still caused the expert that remained to feel a sense of being nothing but an ant, even though he had never lost a battle against his opponents the entire two hundred years of his life.

"For what would be considered a much weaker squad, I am afraid that even I do not have the qualifications to join it." As he continued to contemplate and think on his life of cultivating up to this point, he was truly embarrassed.

This expert was given the task to clean up the mess that the squad which Pan Lei left for the governor of Crimson Circle. The governor had a heads up, but chose to have his men standby. In this way, the other powers of Crimson Circle would fear the consequences going against him.

An occurrence like this was nothing special since every day due to how large the world was, a clan or organization would be wiped out. However, even knowing the consequences of going against the royal family or those who ruled a Commandery, sometimes it took an action like this in order to calm the masses.

Roughly one thousand miles away, the two guards that were tasked to bring Pan Chao to a different Commandery had finally halted their tracks as they came across a teleportation portal. Such a portal would be in every Commandery used by the public to travel far away depending on how much they paid. Since the two guards flashed the royal family's seal, the experts guarding the portal could only nod as they prepared the portal for them.

Because the royal family ruled over the entirety of the world, their roots would of course be the most dominant and the experts guarding this portal was proof of this. In a weaker Commandery such as the one they were in, the royal family would have at least one Grand Master stage cultivator watching over the portal.

Such an expert would be able to create a first tier power in such a place, which went to show the locals that even though the capital was millions of miles away, it did not mean that the royal family was not unable to destroy anyone who violated the rules of this world.

Pan Chao was still within one of the treasures of the guards and they were not even searched since their royal family seal was a genuine one. In only two minutes, the portal was ready as they stepped through. In an instant, the two guards had teleported to what could be considered the weakest Commandery under the royal family's rule which was roughly one million miles away from where they just were a moment ago.

Without delaying, the two quickly made their way to a small fortress that was so small, that it could not be referred to as a village. Coming across a small building filled with children some even older than Pan Chao, it was only until they sat down within before they were able to relax slightly.

This was an orphanage and the amount of children within would continue growing every year. Unfortunately, this was also the reason that this Commandery was considered the weakest of every single one.

Every single day, normal beasts would come out of the nearby Demon Forest in the thousands and every single person able to wield a weapon would meet these beasts head on. No matter if they were a cultivator or a mortal, in order to survive, each adult had to carry their own weight.

Normally, the expert in charge of a Commandery that was next to or had a large space within where demon beasts roamed around freely, would spend a hefty price to set up formations and barriers to block them from attacking the locals which allowed the Commandery to not be hindered as much.

In this Commandery's case, the expert was extremely cheap and was a very lazy figure who only cared about her immediate family that was living on the very edge of the Commandery in a capital city that was barely as captivating as Crimson Circle was.

Therefore, the locals indeed struggled daily and due to there being casualties and many deaths, children would be forced into an orphanage such as this one within the small fortress. No matter how one were to look at this, Pan Chao being spared would not seem as appealing given his new set of circumstances.

"Lady Violet, we have arrived with another orphan for you to raise here in your home. He will have to change his name when he awakes from his minor injury but do not worry, unlike other orphans here, this one has already begun cultivating and even knows a thing or two about formations."

Hearing the guards calling out to her, this so-called Lady Violet quickly rushed over from the floor above with a smile on her face. In circumstances where someone asked to spare their child in exchange for their own lives, if accepted, usually said children would be escorted here due to the high death rate to begin with just living in the surrounding environment.

Lady Violet looked like a middle aged woman who wore a violet colored suit of sorts. Although she was not a mortal, it was clear that she had nearly no potential in cultivating. Her true identity was never questioned about, but some speculated that she was born accidentally into a branch family of the royal family.

"Ah, wonderful! If he is able to grow up and is strong enough to survive, he might be able to help our region by setting up formations and barriers when he reaches adulthood!"  The reason Lady Violet said this, was because the fortress they were in was only about twenty miles away from the village closest to the Demon Forest which escalated the level of danger greatly.

2