Chapter 23
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, our job is done now that you are able to retrieve him so just fill him in when he wakes up but if he ever asks about his parents, you must be clear and let him know that they are alive and well." One of the guards said as the other released Pan Chao from his treasure.

As quickly as they came, the two guards left before Lady Violet could ask anything including minor details on the situation. She had no choice but to accept any child handed over to her, because the building was paid for by the royal family and keeping the building operational costs very little due to the high risk of it being in such a terrible place.

Pan Chao woke from his sleep after only an hour. He was laying on an old looking bed and the room he was in was incredibly spacious which included over thirty other similar looking beds.

Trying to remember the previous events, Pan Chao's mind was in a bit of chaos and depression. It was not until Senior Cao began speaking to him, that he was able to temporarily push himself out of his thoughts.

Filling Pan Chao in since Senior Cao was present throughout the guards knocking him out and having a short conversation, she was able to calmly explain everything to Pan Chao. It also helped that different children who were present earlier spoke among themselves.

"So what you're saying is that I need to either grow up enough to flourish, or possibly be eaten by ravage beasts before I am able to? If that is the case, what would you even recommend to me at this point?"

Pan Chao was obviously feeling panicked and he was barely keeping himself mentally stable. Not only was he unable to see his parents, but now if he made a wrong move it could mean his death? The more he spoke to Senior Cao, the more he hated the royal family and the Emperor.

"If you do not remain calm and collective, there is no telling what Lady Violet will do as a reaction. It would be best if you could keep a low profile until you reach Elementary level three because from the looks of it, you would be able to survive in the Demon Forest on your own."

The two guards did not know that Pan Chao had a peerless expert as a personal teacher who was with him all day every day. If Pan Lei knew about this, Pan Chao's destination would not have been at a dangerous place, but the underworld!

Countless experts who haven't reached immortality would compete against each other for the inheritance of one. However, an inheritance was not the same as personally being guided, rather, it was just enough to assist the expert on his or her path.

So as it stood, Pan Chao realized after calming down slightly, that his only option was to train hard until he could live on his own and travel through the Demon Forest. There was no reason for him to find a school or sect locally to join, because it was clear that the Commandery should have been called Purgatory.

"Hello dear, you can call me Lady Violet and I am the caretaker of this orphanage that helps raise children who have nowhere else to go." Before Pan Chao could begin cultivating, a tall figure wearing a purple suit type of outfit appeared by the door before walking in and sitting in a chair beside his bed.

"I was given instructions since you were considered a special case. First off, the only rule that I have, is that unless you are confident in killing a normal beast by yourself, you are to remain within the fortress where we are currently living for your protection."

"As for the other piece of news, I was given the orders to tell you to change your name. You can name yourself any name you wish, but you will be unable to use the surname Pan for the foreseeable future unless you are able to obtain an audience of one of the judges in the capital of the entire world."

"Other than that, if you have any questions please feel free to ask them at any time. We serve three meals every day of only rice unless a warrior in the fortress shows mercy on us and donates some fallen beast's meat. Curfew is when the sun sets and you can only leave the courtyard if you are with a partner and receive permission by me."

Lady Violet seemed like a very calm and well mannered individual who had lived for many years. Pan Chao pondered over the fact that he had to change his name but in truth, the Pan clan was no longer around and it was not like the clan treated his parents well until he himself showed potential in formations.

"If that's the case, I will now longer go by the name of Pan Chao because that person is clearly dead as far as the public is concerned. However, I will change it using my mother's surname before she married into the Pan clan. So just call me He Chao from this day forth."

Hearing that he already had a name to use made Lady Violet's demeanor change to a much more relaxed one. Truthfully speaking, if he was not someone who understood his situation, Lady Violet would be forced to properly educate him which was never a fun activity for her.

"Very well He Chao, I think that is a wonderful choice since it means Surpassing Peace which is a rather interesting motto to carry with you especially in a place like this which is anything but peaceful. I was told that you have already begun training as a cultivator so just continue with your studies and do not make trouble with the locals and I will leave you to do as you wish."

As Lady Violet stood up to leave, Senior Cao continued speaking to He Chao and the remainder of the day went by swiftly. Now that he did not need to hold back in his training, it was a good opportunity for him to take full advantage especially since he was technically protected and would not be bothered.

Lady Violet thought about something as she began walking down the stairs and back to her small office. "The former He clan was quite a formidable one if that child's mother was originally born in it. Alas, not even a single stone remained after that large scale battle."

"It would be best to just leave him to do as he wishes. If that bloodline of his acts out, not even the representative placed in the fortress will be able to suppress him."

End of Prologue

2