Chapter 32
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He Chao was almost prepared to make his move, but the other four did not know this as they continued to struggle just to remain able to fight against their powerful opponent. The lion type demon beast did not go for a killing move during every exchange, but it began to look confident of winning the battle very soon as large wounds appeared on Wei Yan and the others. 

 

This was a rather emotional time for He Chao who was very focused, because after experiencing a period of time living with the three demon beasts, it was difficult watching them struggle against a strong opponent. However, he knew that going into this battle, there was a chance for casualties and even deaths so he had no choice but to act immediately once ready.

 

The three demon beasts may have been very injured, but it was nothing compared to Wei Yan’s injuries. At first, it was only his right arm that was broken during an exchange, but both his left leg and head now had terrible gashes on them which slowed his movements down completely and leaving him wide open to be finished off at any time, even though he was able to use the Dao of Storms to create a large enough gust to hold the lion type demon beast back. 

 

Several more blows were exchanged, and now the lion type demon beast was standing tall above all four of their bodies that were laying on the ground and clearly unable to move at all, let alone block another hit. Before the lion type demon beast chose to end their lives, it sat down to lick the blood off of its paws, leaving itself wide open for He Chao. 

 

Though he was unable to charge up his ki as much as he wanted to, He Chao still used this opportunity to launch his attack. He was now standing on a large tree above the lion type demon beast who was clearly not aware that he was being watched by an angered enemy. Without delaying any further, He Chao finally launched his attack.

 

The sword that he held with both hands began to emit a dark aura that seemed slightly out of control. The sword itself, which was once a basic looking metal sword, turned completely black as he pounced off of the branch he was standing on and fell towards his prey. It was obvious that the pressure would reach the lion type demon beast to give it enough time to understand what was happening, but along with the Dao of Storms forming a gust under his feet, He Chao’s speed completely outmatched the lion type demon beast’s speed.

 

The attack landed beautifully as He Chao’s sword stabbed through the demon beast’s skull like a stick of butter as a smile arose even on the heavily injured allies who were now simply spectating. “You put up quite the struggle, but it is time that your reign of terror ends now.” Due to the swiftness of his attack, the lion type demon beast did not even have a moment to let out a shrill cry as it had instantly passed on. 

 

“You four just stay put as I handle this demon beast’s corpse properly. Wei Yan, I have some medicine that I will give to you as I wrap up those bloodied body parts of yours. However, I am not strong enough to personally carry you back so you will have to wait for those three to absorb the energy in this demon core.”

 

Hearing He Chao’s explanation was not worrisome to Wei Yan, in actuality, he still had no idea how he was able to survive even though he felt as prepared as he could have been since the morning. And so, Wei Yan fainted on the spot due to the pain of his injuries which did not surprise He Chao as he focused on cleaning up the corpse so that he could help his companions immediately. 

 

After taking apart the corpse, He Chao walked over to the three demon beasts and put the demon core next to them so that they could begin their process since it was part of the deal in order to help He Chao and Wei Yan deal with the lion type demon beast. The entire process took six hours, but once the three were done absorbing all of the energy, their bodies grew larger, their strength seemed to take a large leap, and the wounds on their bodies were fully healed, and only some scars remained in the more severe injured spots. 

 

Without wasting any time, the gorilla type demon beast picked Wei Yan’s body up like a baby and the group headed back to the pavilion area. It was an unspoken understanding, but the deal had been completed and once Wei Yan was able to move around on his own, He Chao would assist him on leaving the forest before he himself would head out to take part in a test of the school he had been eying for some time now. 

 

Wei Yan did not wake up until the next morning, but the more severe wounds were closed up, and although his left leg and right arm were in horrible shape, it wasn’t bad enough to take more than several more days to heal enough for the two humans to leave. During this time of Wei Yan resting and healing, He Chao and the three demon beasts were constantly crying in each other's arms about separating for an unknown period of time. 

 

This did not freak Wei Yan out too much, because He Chao obviously spent quite some time with the three demon beasts in a family type atmosphere. Sure humans and demon beasts did not get along very well, but it did not mean that it was impossible for the two species to have an understanding or even build an unbreakable bond. 

 

He Chao continued to promise the three that if he found out they were in trouble in the future, that he would head over right away to help them no matter what. This was maybe his young age talking, but it only continued to make the four cry about separating. Seeing them caused Wei Yan’s anger towards He Chao to slowly fade away because it was obvious that he was only a little kid so it would say more about him if he held a grudge. 

 

2