Chapter 3: First encounter
1.6k 9 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Thoughts' 

"Speech"

Name of the person speaking: "Thank you to those who are reading!" 

 

As John awoke he felt refreshed so he decided to figure out the ropes of his body. First, he tried to find a way to use his skills. 

John: 'Hm I wonder... [Iron Teeth].' As soon as he thought of the name of the skill his teeth began to tingle. 

John: 'So that's how that works I guess.'

He then felt immense hunger and walked over to the lake. While he was making his way over there the three humanoids were sitting at a campfire talking and laughing.  

As soon as John found his way to the lake he activated [Stalk] and began to look around for prey. His black figure crouched in some ferns automatically and slowly moved towards what seems to be a large hog. 

John's figure slowly crept up a few feet behind the hog without being noticed. John stopped and his muscles began to tense up. Then he pounces landing on the back of the hog, his jaws try to get a grip on its neck but fails. The hog then smashes him into a nearby tree stunning him. 

As he is slowly getting up the hog charges him breaking a few ribs. John's mind filters through possible actions. He activates [Hunt], [Iron Teeth],and [Iron Claws]. With these skills activated he gets up and uses his claws to go for its legs. 

John successfully gets his claws into a leg and he begins his plan. He uses his paw to pull the leg forward while also snaking under its underbelly and gets a hold of its neck. His teeth pierce its throat with ease, the hog squeals, and struggles but its fate is sealed. 

As John slowly kills the hog he is bombarded with notifications. [You have leveled up!] [You have leveled up!] [Health 53/100] [You now have 10 stat points] [Stamina 3/10] [For killing your first actual prey you are awarded [Title: Predator].  

John: 'Well that's cool but before I check that out let me eat this' 

As he devours the body his ribs begin to heal. John eats everything but the head, legs, and other... undesirable parts leaving behind a bloody mess. But even after the hog, he is still hungry so he begins his next hunt. While he is searching for more prey humanoids have begun to walk in his general direction.  

John walks through some bushes before his ears pick up what seems to be voices. 

Short humanoid: "C'mon guys I think our target is around here." 

Tall humanoid: "Are you sure that the Giant Hog is around here." 

Animal eared humanoid: "Yea I agree with Tarn, there are no tracks to indicate a Giant Hog." 

As they are debating about whether or not there is a Giant hog around a pair of white eyes observe them. 

John: 'So the tall one is Tarn.'

Tarn: "As the hunter of this party I can say for sure there is no Gian Hog around." 

Short humanoid: "But didn't those pointed ears of yours hear that squeal?" 

Tarn: "Even if that was a Giant Hog, it was probably killed by something." 

Short humanoid: "Well I guess you are right.." 

As they walk back to their campsite a little depressed they don't notice a creature following them. 

John: 'Seems like my next prey is going to be fun.' He thought as his mouth curls up a little. 

John: 'But first time to check my stats.' 

Stats:

[Race: Demonic Tiger adolescent]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:4/10]

[Strength:34] 

[Health: 74/100] 

[Durability:40] 

[Agility:10] 

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:7] 

[Stamina:8/10]  

Stat points available: 10

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 60 health.] 

              [Iron Teeth: Harden your teeth to the point it can break through most armoring.] 

              [Iron claws: Harden your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through most armoring.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.] 

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.] 

John: 'Hmm let's put 4 into health and 4 into stamina while the rest go to strength.' 

Stats:

[Race: Demonic Tiger adolescent]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:4/10]

[Strength:36] 

[Health: 74/140] 

[Durability:40] 

[Agility:10] 

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:7] 

[Stamina:8/20]  

Stat points available: 0

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 60 health.] 

              [Iron Teeth: Harden your teeth to the point it can break through most armoring.] 

              [Iron claws: Harden your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through most armoring.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.] 

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.]  

John: 'Now let the hunt begin.' he thinks while he stalks the tall one known as Tarn. 

Tarn not knowing his fate just continues walking while chatting with the other two. When they arrive at the campsite they say their goodnight and head to separate tents. 

Tarn settles into his tent and falls asleep dreaming of a nice life with his friends. John walks into Tarn's tent and looks down on him and strikes. He clamps his jaws on Tarns neck using all his strength and crushes his throat. Tarn awakes and is met with extreme pain and fear he tries to struggle but it is useless as John not only weighs more than him but, is stronger as well. 

As Tarn dies he lets off one last scream warning his friends of the danger in their camp. 

John: 'Fuck I should have killed him instantly.' 

As the other two rush out of their tents with their weapons drawn they are met with a large tiger killing their friend. The short one reacts first and rushes towards John and manages to cut him dealing 20 damage. The one with animal ears collapses at the sight of his friend dead, John then picks up the dead body of Tarn and rushes into the forest for his meal. 

John: 'This taste... it tastes amazing.' He thought when he finally escaped and began eating Tarn. 

John: 'Wait doesn't this mean that those guys will come back.' With that thought, he froze. 

John: 'Shit guess I gotta relocate just in case.' 

After that, he went back to his meal. When he was done with his meal he ran and started looking for a new home. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-The campsite- 

The short one and the animal eared one mourned Tarns death but they had to get a move on back to the kingdom. They had to report a new creature to subjugate to the Mercenary Guild. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

That concludes this chapter hope you enjoyed it. Also sorry for the bad naming sense.

Should the one who the MC is forced to serve be Good or Evil?
  • Evil Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Good Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Neutral Votes: 41 75.9%
Total voters: 54 · This poll was closed on Nov 22, 2020 06:58 PM.
37