Chapter 4: Berserk state
1.4k 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I have the person who is speaking mentioned after the fact or keep it the way it is?
  • Yes Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No Votes: 6 20.0%
Total voters: 30 · This poll was closed on Nov 23, 2020 12:04 AM.

 I did this Poll so that I can see what people think of each option while also making sure nobody will be confused if I switch the writing style. So for now I will keep it as it is now. 

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

Name of the person speaking: "Thank you to those who are reading!"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John had ran quite a distance from his original home and stumbled upon a small pond with trees. He was exhausted from running such a long distance and walked up to the edge to get some water before flopping over asleep. 

After a few hours, he awoke to the sound of a roar. After looking around he noticed a rather large panther staring at him from a distance. The thing that shocked him the most was that the panther was about the same size as him. 

John: 'It seems it isn't happy about me intruding in its territory, hm seems I am fully recovered so I might as well try to take its territory.' 

John lets off a roar of his own while walking up to the panther slowly. They circle each other looking for an opening, the panther makes the first move and launches towards Johns's neck. John jumps away and the panther's jaws snap on empty air, he then launches his own attack going for the panthers back. 

The panther seems to have more speed and dodges while also swinging its paw at him scratching his right eye. John reels back in pain while moving back.

John: 'Well this was a bad idea but there is no running now.' He thinks while activating [Iron Teeth] and [Iron Claws

He then rushes forward and tackles the panther stunning it and giving him the chance to claw its underbelly. He then tries to get his jaws around its neck but fails as the panther rolls back onto its feet. Both are panting and bloody, but once again the panther makes the first move circling to the right where he can no longer see. 

John tries to keep the panther in his vision, he fails and the panther takes the chance to run into his right side, clawing it while trying to get a grip on him. He finds the chance to roll and shakes the panther off. He then sees a notification [HP down by 80 you are now entering berserk state. All stats buffed by 20,]

He felt his limbs move but he couldn't control them. He could only watch as his body flung itself at the panther biting and clawing it. The panther tries to fight back but can only inflict medium scratches on the now much stronger tiger. 

John's body latches onto the back of the panther's neck with his jaws crushing it as he did. The panther can only try to push him off, but ultimately its eyes glaze over. 

[Berserk state has ended.] His eyes drift to the notification before passing out over the dead panther. 

*2-3 hours later* 

The first thing John sees upon waking up is a notification [You have leveled up 3 times]. His eyes then make their way to the dead body of the panther. "Well, that wasn't very fun." -John

Just so you guys would know what it would look like if I switched it up.

As soon as he was done looking around he slowly got up but quickly regretted it as his body was still recovering from his fight. He dragged the body of the panther with him as he went back towards the pond he was sleeping at before the fight. After he got there he began to eat the body of the panther. 

While he was eating his health began to regen faster and as soon he was done eating he was almost at full health again. Once he was done he laid down and scrolled his stats. 

Stats:

[Race: Demonic Tiger adolescent]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:7/10]

[Strength:36] 

[Health: 134/140] 

[Durability:40] 

[Agility:10] 

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:7] 

[Stamina:20/20

Stat points available: 15

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 60 health.] 

              [Iron Teeth: Harden your teeth to the point it can break through most armoring.] 

              [Iron claws: Harden your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through most armoring.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.]             

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.]  

John: 'Let's put 5 into Health and Stamina, 4 in Strength, and the final one goes to Durability.' 

Stats:

[Race: Demonic Tiger adolescent]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:7/10]

[Strength:40] 

[Health: 140/190] 

[Durability:41] 

[Agility:10] 

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:7] 

[Stamina:45/45]  

Stat points available: 0

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 60 health.] 

              [Iron Teeth: Harden your teeth to the point it can break through most armoring.] 

              [Iron claws: Harden your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through most armoring.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.] 

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.]  

Once he was done he drank some water and went back to sleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

-Outskirts of the forest- 

Two figures could be seen running out of the forest a short one, and a figure with animal ears. 

Short humanoid: "So once we get back you want me to talk about the monster, or do you want to describe it?" 

Animal eared humanoid: "You talk about it since you were the one to get a good look at it." 

Short humanoid: "You ok buddy, you seem a little pale?" 

Animal eared humanoid: "You do realize that our friend just died don't you!" 

Short humanoid: "I understand that, but the death of friends is rather common with this job." 

Animal eared humanoid: "I don't know how you are so calm about this." 

Short humanoid: " Eventually you get used to it... anyway let's just focus on getting to the Guild." 

And with that, they sped off and disappeared into the distance. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

That concludes this chapter thanks for reading!

 

33