Chapter 5: New prey
1.3k 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I apologize for my bad naming sense.

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

 "Thank you to those who are reading!"-Name of the person speaking. I will not include the name of the person speaking/thinking if they are alone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

After sleeping for a few hours John had recovered to full health. [Your right eye has been damaged to the point of blindness, it is recommended that you find a way to heal it.] 'Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious.'-John complains to himself while looking around with his left eye. 

Eventually, his eye drifts towards his own body and notices lots of scarring. His originally spotless pelt was littered with scars from his battle with the panther. 'The scars are fine but my eye is the thing I'm worried about.' 

While John was thinking to himself his hunger made itself known forcing him to get up from his resting spot. 'Welp I can worry about this later, first I need to do something about my empty stomach.'-John thought while rising to a standing position. 

He activated [Hunt] while prowling around his new territory. After a bit of walking, he stumbled upon a deer looking creature grazing on some long grass. 

Activating [Iron Teeth] and [Stalk] he began to creep up behind his new prey. As soon as he got a few feet away from it he tenses up, he then pounces managing to get a hold of its hind leg. 

His jaws enclose upon its leg breaking it in the process. The deer lets out a small call causing other deer he didn't notice to get up and start running. 

John pulls the deer back and jumps on its back going for the back of its neck. As his jaws close the deer struggles a little before its life fades away. 

'Ah hunting is so thrilling in this body, also no level up?'-John thinks while dragging the body back to his little pond. [As you did not struggle enough for this kill the exp is minimal.] 

'Well I wasn't expecting an answer but this works I guess.' He then begins to gorge upon his kill. 

His hunger not yet satiated he walks around once more looking for more difficult prey. As he walks along he feels the land shake. 

Looking for the reason why the land is shaking he sees a herd of elephant gorilla hybrid creatures slowly making its way over to his pond. His eyes then zoom in on something within the crowd of weird elephant hybrids. 

A total of four smaller elephant hybrids were walking near what he assumes is their parents, 'Perfect timing, these things should be enough to get me 1 level at least.' 

His tiger mouth curved upwards at the thought of killing one of these. He hides in the trees and dense ferns and begins to quietly follow the herd. 

'The best target would be the babies but it would be hard to kill one without having to face more than one elephant thing.'-John's eye observes his targets while deliberating which one to go for. 

'I could lure an adult away from the herd but then comes the problem of whether or not they might try to save it.' As he was thinking of his next course of action the herd was relaxing near the pond. 

He decides to wait until most of them are asleep until he strikes. After a few hours of waiting the herd begins to doze off while a few of them stayed awake watching their surroundings. 

His plan is then set into motion as he walks towards one of the few elephant hybrids still awake. Once he starts getting close he activates [Iron Teeth] and [Iron Claws]. 

He then runs right in front of it while snarling before running off. His prey not being very smart and all gave chase to the creature that dares snarl at it. 

After running a good distance from the herd John turns around, looking the elephant hybrid in the eyes as he did. His title Predator activates and the elephant hybrid freezes giving him enough time to charge it and bite its arm. 

His jaws sink into the flesh but couldn't get to the bone before the elephant hybrid snaps out of it and shakes him. He is flung and lands rolling. The elephant hybrid charges and punches him before he is able to get up causing John to lose 40 hp. 

He then rolls onto his paws before all of a sudden he is circled. The elephant hybrid charges from his blindside using its tusks to try to impale him. 

Fortunately, he is able to avoid the tusk getting a chance to counter-attack. He takes the chance to slide underneath its head going for its throat. 

His jaws manage to get a grip on its throat while his claws pierce into it. With that, his jaws close down closing its airway slowly killing it. 

The elephant hybrid can only regret its stupidity as it slides to the hard, cold forest floor. After a minute or two, the elephant hybrid dies along with a notification [You have leveled up.] 

'Dang only one level.'-He thinks while slowly getting up cursing that panther for damaging his eye. He then begins to eat his kill avoiding the undesired parts. 

After he is done he can only hope some scavengers clean up the rest of the carcass. He then slowly makes his way to the pond before lying down in the treeline. 

'That was fun but I should probably increase my speed so it is a little easier killing.'-John thinks while opening up his stats. 

Stats:

[Race: Demonic Tiger adolescent]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:8/10]

[Strength:40] 

[Health: 140/190] 

[Durability:41] 

[Agility:10] 

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:7→12] 

[Stamina:45/45]  

Stat points available: 0

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 60 health.] 

              [Iron Teeth: Harden your teeth to the point it can break through most armoring.] 

              [Iron claws: Harden your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through most armoring.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.] 

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.]

And with that change, he laid his head down and fell asleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-???? Town- 

The short humanoid and the animal eared humanoid could be seen in a room talking. 

"Hey Jack are you sure we should be staying here?"-The animal-eared humanoid says to the short humanoid. 

"Yea after all that running I'm tired and want to sleep on a bed before we get to the kingdom's capital."-The short humanoid now know as Jack replied with a tired voice. The animal-eared humanoid nodded towards Jack before going onto his own bed and resting. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

That concludes this chapter hope you enjoyed it!

Guess I should add the Litrpg tag as well since I am using the stat/system a lot.

30