Chapter 9: Separation
1.2k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[System Notifactions] I think most of you know what this is but you never know.

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

 "Thank you to those who are reading!"-Name of the person speaking. I will not include the name of the person speaking/thinking if they are alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

After a few hours, John wakes up and stretches with a yawn. 'Well let's teach you some stuff today'. He stares at his daughter who is running around trying to catch a lizard. 

Walking up to his daughter he knocks her over before motioning for her to follow. The two ran for a bit before finding a Giant Hog foraging for food. 

Making his daughter crouch down he approaches from behind the hog. His muscles tense up preparing to pounce before making sure his daughter is carefully watching him. 

Confirming she is watching he pounces on the back of the hog. His much bigger body knocks down the hog pinning it down in the process, afterward he motions for his daughter to approach. 

He carefully shows her where to place her claws on the hog before releasing it. His daughter jumps on its back before it can escape and uses the knowledge she was just taught to cling to it. 

Looking at her father who is nodding she bites the back of its neck. With a strong jerk, she breaks its neck killing it. [Your daughter has leveled up twice! She is now level 7.] 

'What why twice?' [For teaching her your own hunting habits instead of regular tiger hunting techniques she gets more exp.] 'Oh that makes this easier then.' 

Picking the dead hog up he and his child walk back to the lake. Once there his child eats half of it and he eats the other half. 'Hm what to teach you next...' Laying down he ponders his next course of action. 

'I guess I'll teach you how to properly stalk prey.' With that in his mind, he picks his daughter up and walks over to come bushes. After a few hours of using [Stalk] and play pouncing on his daughter, a notification shows up. 

[Your daughter has leveled up and is now level 8! Your daughter has learned skill [Stalk] 'Are you kidding me, you didn't even have stalk...' His daughter not knowing his thoughts began to play around with her new skill. 

Shaking his head he walks over to the edge of the lake flopping over to take a nap. His daughter went to him after a few minutes of playing around and attacked his tail before laying down and sleeping as well. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-Small pond- 

"Looks like it moved about a day ago." One of the females says looking at some tracks. "But why do the tracks get bigger, also is that another set of paw tracks right there?" The male asks with a questioning tone. 

"Is it possible it evolved?" Another female speaks up from within the party. "Yes but that would mean it evolves at an abnormal speed, also the other set of tracks indicate a smaller tiger is around." The woman crouching down next to the tracks replies. 

"Good that means it is going to be more powerful." The woman with red hair says excitedly. "But can we even handle it now after all this was originally a D-rank mission, and since it has evolved it is probably a higher rank." One of the women asks with uncertainty. 

"Of course we can take it after all we have 4 mages and the rest of us are either tanks or other melee users." The male replies with confidence. "Ok let's follow the tracks then." The woman with red hair says while walking ahead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

John wakes up with a refreshed feeling and begins to stretch for the second time today. His daughter wakes up after him and yawns before rubbing against him. 

'Well since I'm full for now let's play around for a bit.' He then playfully knocks his daughter over before rolling over. His daughter happy to play pounces on him. 

They roll around for a bit before he gets up and goes to the water for a small bath. While he is swimming around his daughter paces around the edge of the lake before jumping in after him. 

[Your daughter has leveled up and is now level 9! Your daughter has been taught that swimming is good and normal.] '... I'm just going to ignore that.' His eye twitches before turning to his daughter swimming over to her and picking her up. 

He takes her out of the water and dries her off before drying himself off. The two laid down for a while relaxing and occasionally playing around. 

After a few minutes, he hears something coming from the trees. Getting up he and his daughter walk towards the noise carefully, getting prepared to kill something. 

"Guys I think it's up ahead." He hears a feminine voice before a group of 10 humans emerge from the trees. "Holy Shit!" One of the female humans screams out startled. 

Almost a second after one of the females with red hair takes out some chains and a collar. "Ok guys we just have to put it to sleep so I can complete the contract." 

"Ok got it." The male says while pulling out a sword and shield. Clearly seeing them as a threat John lets loose a low growl, he then knocks his daughter back. 

Activating [Steel Teeth] and [Steel Claws] he charges swiping at one of the females. His paw is blocked by an invisible barrier and is knocked back. 

One of the other females who has blue hair starts chanting something as the male swings his sword at him. The sword inflicts a small scratch but causes a small 3 damage. 

Swinging his paw at him scratching and reducing his shield to scrap metal. It was then that the blue-haired woman finished her chant "Soothe this beast and protect my friends [Sleep]!" 

His sight starts to get blurry and his body feels heavy. He swipes at the male knocking him away before running over to his daughter trying to escape with her. 

He picks her up and manages to run into the bushes before throwing her. His daughter tries to come back but he only keeps throwing her, finally getting the hint his daughter runs off. 

'Good, now it is only a matter of time before I fall asleep.' He thinks while running back to the lake with a ferocious look in his eye. As soon as he arrives he rushes to the blue-haired girl. 

His paw flies towards her breaking whatever barrier was there throwing her a few feet in the air. "Lina!" The male exclaims running towards her. 

With a look of accomplishment, John stumbles towards the lake. As soon as he got there he fell over passed out. "This better have been worth it Rose." The male says to the red-haired female with a sad look. 

"Is she dead..." The red-haired female known as Rose asks. "No, but she has a few broken bones." The male replies with a sad tone. "Ok let me contract the beast before it wakes up." Rose says with a guilty look on her face. 

Placing the collar on John a blinding light appears and he disappears. Rose cries out in pain and faints, but everyone there knows what had just happened. 

When contracting a beast if the person is weaker they suffer a small bit of pain when it is printed on them. The 7 females rolled her over and picked her up heading out of the forest while the male carried the blue-haired female known as Lina. 

While they walked, a bit of Rose's shirt comes loose revealing a tattoo of a big one-eyed tiger growling bearing its fangs. Rose unconsciously smiles in accomplishment. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

-Mind of Rose- 

John wakes up and sees nothing but white everywhere around him. He walks around for a bit but finds nothing other than white. 'I guess  that Rose person did what they came to do...' 

He roars out in frustration before running around trying to find something. Eventually, he falls into a hole and lands in what seems to be a hallway. 

Looking around he finds a door, crashing through it he finds himself in a dining room with a large table. Sitting in one of the chairs was Rose eating a meal. 

She looks to see what caused the noise and saw an angry looking tiger growling at her. He pounces on her using one paw to pin her down before tearing her to shreds. 

-Outside of Roses mind- 

Rose wakes up with a shrill scream looking around seeing her friends looking at her with worry. "Are you ok?" The male asks her worriedly but gets no answer. 

"We are almost out of the forest by the way." One of the females says trying to soothe Rose. "Guys is it normal to see your spiritual beast in your dreams?" Rose asks with a shaky voice. 

"Sometimes after all that's how most people communicate with them." The male replies while walking forward. "Ok, but is it normal to be... killed by them in your dreams?" Rose asks with a little bit of fear. 

"I think sometimes it happens if your spiritual beast is angry." One of the females who has green hair says while pulling Rose to her feet. "Ok just wanted to make sure nothing abnormal is happening." 

"Yea the beast seemed rather angry when you contracted it so it is normal for it to kill you in your dreams at least once." The male says with a look of nostalgia. 

"I remember when I contracted my wolf it killed me in my dreams at least 5 times." The male continues to ramble on about how vengeful his spiritual beast was.

In this world nobles can contract with beasts as a way to boost their power.

 

As the male is talking the group finally makes their way out of the forest. Waiting for them is a few carriages ready to take them back to their households. 

"Thank you guys for helping, also sorry for your injury Lina." Rose says with an apologetic voice. "It's no problem there are healers out my house that can easily heal me." Lina replies with a smile. 

Saying their goodbyes the group separates going into their individual carriages. "Now I am prepared for the annual school tournament." Rose says to herself in a victorious voice 

-Rose's mind- 

John was laying in the dining room when he receives a notification. [You have gained title [Battle Beast: You have been contracted to fight for Rose Tygrys. Perks: Your Strength, Speed, and Durability are buffed by 15.] 

Stats:

[Race: Adult Demonic Tiger Fighter]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:2/20

[Strength:65→80] 

[Health: 230/230]

[Durability:50→65]

[Agility:17]

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:45→60]

[Stamina:60/60]

Stat points available: 10

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 100 health]

              [Steel Teeth: Harden and sharpen your teeth to the point of piercing through steel.] 

              [Steel claws: Harden and sharpen your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through steel.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.] 

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

              [Shift: Change to a humanoid form.] 

              [Roar: Let loose a roar that stuns multiple opponents.] 

              [Sprint: Increases speed by 20.] 

             [Parent: Doubles stats when protecting your child from death.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.] [Father: You are now the legal guardian of another of your breed! Obtained by taking in a younger tiger as your own. Perks: By having this title you gain a new skill [Parent: Doubles stats when protecting your child from death.] [Power napper: Your naps fill you with power. Perks: When sleeping you regain Stamina and Health faster.] Battle Beast: You have been contracted to fight for Rose Tygrys. Perks: Your Strength, Speed, and Durability are buffed by 15.] 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

'Well, that confirms it that woman did indeed catch me.' He thinks with a little bit of anger. 'Might as well sleep.' With that thought, he lays down and falls asleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

That concludes this chapter!

23