5- The Aftermath
254 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Duncan sat silent as he processed the disaster that his Den had fallen into. 

His free upgrade [Plasma Generation] as well as Anders his head scientist, gone just like that. All for a measly attack. 

On the other hand, The Reaper's shriek echoed across the Den as Inari's flames consumed it. Inari, realizing that her flames are now ineffective due to the being in front of her, masterfully chose to retreat taking control of the few remaining wisps floating around her and falling back. 

Eremus screeched as it dove at the Reaper once more. The Reaper swung its scythe again and cleaved the bat into two yet no notification popped up informing Duncan of Eremus's death. 

The Reaper swung around as if trying to look for a target and then it started to fade away. 

Duncan thought back to his previous comment on why the Reaper hadn't tried to faze through the door, having split it open with it's scythe.  

A realization came to him. It must have a physical core that keeps it together. The flames currently were  eating away at its cloak but not the inner core that kept the being together.

"Eremus, [Control Flames]" Duncan ordered, he manually controlled Eremus's attack to form a spear of flames that pierced the center of the Reaper. It howled in response and swung its scythe attempting to find the one responsible for launching the attack.

Duncan analyzed the movements of the Reaper, and how the center strike seemed to not do much against it.

Another spear was formed and launched this time aiming for the head.  The Reaper blocked the spear and slashed at the Bat again, this time getting dangerously close to the core of Eremus. 

Duncan moved the core slightly and formed another spear, this one being cleaved in two before it fully formed, the Reaper finally sensing how dangerous the spears were to him.

The enemy was smart... of course the game did say they were higher beings. 

Duncan took the information into account and started to form another spear, this one again being cleaved before it formed, only for the second spear to launch blasting the Reaper through the head. 

It gave a wail that shattered many of the screens in the hallway as well as the glass before the reaper faded away, a broken orb falling to the ground alongside a cloak and the scythe. 

"What is this!"  the announcer cried from the floating stadium. "The Reaper has fallen! Albeit he was eaten away by Inari's flames but once more The Reaper has fallen!" 

Duncan watched as the immaculate crypt that The Reaper had spawned from started to crack and crumble. The pieces falling into the scorched forest below.  

The bellowing of a gong caused everyone to pause in place as the three remaining beings looked skyward. The Huntress pulling a spear out of the survivor who she had just finished impaling, Inari who was playing with her wisps and Oracle who sat at her own temple  and prayed. The three fell back to their respective homes and they floated back into the ring that originally housed them. 

That is all for today's game! First blood has gone to Inari, and the most kills goes toward Huntress! The rankings have been updated and the next game will happen in a month's time. Will we see revenge for Reaper? Or will the wild game remain victorious! Until next time!

Maybe he used all of his luck to last a life-time, maybe there were gods out there that wanted him to stay. To survive with the losses he had, and to be able to acquire what he did... Duncan wasn't one to leave things to chance but wasn't this to much on his side?

It could very well have been all of them attacking his base, one swipe and Eremus could have died... If he didn't have Eremus with his ability, or if he didn't have that ability he would have been wiped there and then.  If Inari hadn't chased after The Reaper... There was to many variables that if they they hadn't happened he would have gotten a game over...

Was it fate? Was it luck? Duncan would never know. He wasn't a seer. He was only a guy who just understood things because he looked at in books or in the internet. 

Duncan went over to his notifications and he was blasted due to all the damage reports and level-up notifications.

He quickly scanned through each of them and compiled a report

Your base has intruders

Ken Akimoto- Status: Dead

Riktor Quita- Status: Dead

Whiskers- Status: Dead

Anders Roanis has acquired the [Plasma Generation] Skill 

Anders Roanis- Status: Dead

Your base has intruders

Eremus has acquired: Spirit Flames- High level flames that can burn even the soul. 

Eremus has defeated a powerful enemy and acquired 11,837 experience points. He has leveled up 14 times.

By defeating a Powerful Spirit of Death, Eremus has acquired a hidden evolution. [Nightmare Bat].                You have  points to distribute into stats.

 You have acquired 10,000 points. 

You have acquired: Spirit Cloak.- A cloak that protects from low magic attacks.  

You have acquired: Broken Orb- It is an orb that houses energy, sadly it is broken and empty currently.

You have acquired: Reaper's Scythe- A scythe that absorbs life energy from any source. 

Ustasimas has acquired 10 experience for using a spell against an enemy. 

You have repelled the intruders- For the first defense you gain a bonus of 500 points. 

Duncan looked around the base, it was a wreck. Many of the glass panels were shattered making the area littered in sharp glass shards. In addition the base was on fire and there were deep grooves due to the attack of the Reaper. 

Duncan opened up Eremus to observe his new status

Name: Eremus Level 14: (99%)  11,837/12,000 Class: Elemental

Age: 1000

HP: 1220
MP: 326
SP: 135
Str:   16 (+20)
Char:  18 (+25)
Int: 13
Wis:  9
Dex:   25
Con: 8

History: Eremus has battled the Reaper and has acquired Inari's Spirit Flames.  Traits:[Voracious][Charismatic][Aggressive][Complete Control: Fire]
  Wish: To Rest Status: Hibernating 
[Order]

[Enhance: +56]

[Skills/Bonus]

 

Duncan was confused on what he was suppose to look for when the unit was upgraded but the stats increase... It didn't seem to increase by much. Intelligence and Strength took a huge leap but Constitution only got 3 growth?

Eremus would be his go-to magic user due but the strength growth gave it some good stats for a powerful nuke unit but it wouldn't be able to take a hit? Duncan still couldn't get a grasp on the game so he decided to save the level-up points for later.

As for the 10,500 points... it was a lot of points for sure... He could make an elite fighting force to protect his base... but a loss of any one of them would result in a loss of points... it was an investment... he could make the base harder to find or mobile. He could make specialty rooms just for the AI units to take effect... he did have three of them.

He could also get automated defenses... 

There was so many things that Duncan could do with the influx of points that he was at a loss of what to do with it. He needed some time to think about what needed to be done... to repair and clean up. To strengthen his Den and its members. 

Duncan looked at the message from the announcer. A month hmm, well he had plenty of time. 


 

Author here.  Well I should have said something but time slipped by I guess.... ha ha ha… 

School had ended but look at me go with getting an internship... It only just ended last week but I can say it was well worth it since my fall term for school is paid for. Also work experience... yay! I wish I can say that there will be a consistent upload for this but school starts in like two weeks and with a full-time student schedule alongside work... haha haha. I wish I can be more committed but I signed up for this I guess hahaha. 

I apologize for those who look forward to this story but at best I can keep a (very) inconsistent uploading schedule. I'll push forth what I can during these two weeks. The best of luck to me and to you guys. 

-(Overworked College student) Sederance. 

3