Arc 1 Chapter 3: Cartoon Logic
331 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Redescription?! What's that? Sounds like a fancy ability! I decided to appraise myself and find out!

Name: N/A

Race: Unknown ---------------------- Level: 1 (0.00%)

Jobs / Titles: N/A

HP: 1,225 / 1,225 ---------------------- MP: 1,011 / 9,999 (+1)

Racial Unique Skills: Redescription, Bargain Bin Appraisal

Skills (1 / 1,000,000,000):

• Flame Finger [MP20]

It appears that appraising myself brought up a strange window. How come my name isn't there? Will I be given one once I name myself, or people recognize me? Race is also unknown, so it probably means I am not human. Makes sense, I don't see many humans walking around with a gem in their head.

What doesn't make sense though is that there's a levelling system?!

Racial Unique Skill?! Skill Flame Finger?!?! A skill pool of one billion?!?!?! Practically unlimited MP and health at level 1?!?!?!?!

I have some serious investigations to conduct.

I try to appraise my Unique Skill, but it tells me that I don't have enough MP to appraise it. Why though? Can't I just force a little bit of the appraisal to go through?

I try to consume another hair.

"Not enough MP." Figures. The MP amount looks ridiculous, but it appears I've consumed like 85% of it in one go adding "Flame Finger," which consumes significantly less mana. The "Bargain Bin Appraisal" appears to be a dollar-store version of Appraisal which doesn't consume much mana. Appraising that told me about it.

So different skills have different prices to appraise? In the overview, Racial Unique Skills don't have an indicator for how much MP they consume. In the window, it tells me its cost of mana depends on what I appraise. Makes sense I suppose. Wouldn't want your world-breaking spells' abilities exposed early. Pfft.

The window didn't show how much MP I would need to consume to appraise my Racial Unique Skill, so I suppose I'll just say it consumes something like 4,000 MP for weak skills.

When I try using my Flame Finger, black lightning appears around my finger and then a tiny flame sparks up. How strange is that? Since when do those two go together?

The flame appears to be passively draining my mana slowly, and it flickers slightly larger than a smoke lighter. What kind of cartoon logic is this?!

It appears my flame is being nerfed in accordance with how much magic I used. I can't adjust it, so I'll have to see what I can create later on using my Racial Skill once my MP regenerates.

I flick my finger and the flame goes out, just like a lighter does. I wander around for a little while, then I stumble upon a car that is driving on the dirt path.

What the heck?! Wouldn't that be a huge headache for your insurance company if your car crashed out here? More importantly, the car is darting in the same direction I was walking for the city!

I'm also in the path of the car! How convenient!

When I raise my hand and wave to the car, it approaches me and slows down. The strange driver man with black spiky hair slowly opens his window to greet me.

"Hello. What are you doing outside the city walls? Have a death wish?" Immediate concern. What a nice guy! Do I have language comprehension as well?

"I'm looking to enter the city. Do you suppose you can help me?" I say. Seems my speaking is getting through. Nice!

"Are you new around here? How did you arrive to Harlequin city's border without transportation or a mount? And without identification... Do you have any?"

"Identification? Are you a border guard?"

"Patrol. As it happens, my job is to drive around and eliminate monsters that appear in these parts. Name's Clyde." Says Clyde.

"Clyde, huh? Nice name. Who is with you in this car?" I notice this car has seats like a van. Much more than 4 like a normal car. Not only that, but the car is sporting what looks like a balanced team of stereotypical adventurers. How normal.

"These lovely people are from the City Patrol as well. They are a registered party of talented Adventurers."

Adventurers! There it is!

"What is the job of Adventurers?"

"Normally the job of an Adventurer is quite self-explanatory, to adventure. Are you sure you lived in a city? This is pretty common knowledge."

Cold sweat trickles from my face.

"Nevermind. Hop in, I must return before they close the gate and let us fend for ourselves tonight."

Clyde was being prodded by the party members beforehand and one of the girls apparently whispered that into his ear.

When I hop into the car, I also find that the seats are quite spacious. The party behind me seems quite responsible, being that they forewarned Clyde about the closing of the city walls.

"What is your name?" I decided to ask the girl who warned him first.

"Hello there sir. My name is Karen, an Adventurer of the party "Tornado". I risk being rude, but aren't you supposed to introduce yourself first?" How polite.

"Yeah you scrawny green-haired punk. You appeared out of nowhere. How do we know you're not some shifty character? Please give your name." Karen risked being rude, but this guy is rude, plain and simple.

"Green Hair?" I almost spoke that out loud in a panic.

I have green hair?! What is wrong with you God?! How is green hair seamless integration?!

3