Arc 1 Chapter 5: Hair Power
199 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bargain Bin Appraisal [??MP]

Bargain Bin Appraisal is a unique skill granted by %(&*!@)$ that allows superior perception. While the skill's normal state is passive, and allows you to perceive better, the skill can also be used actively, which consumes MP. Active use of this skill gives better descriptions. The more unique the thing or concept you are Appraising, the higher the cost.

I appraised the skill earlier, but now I understand the context for passive appraisal. Apparently the passive side to this skill not only doesn't consume any MP (appears not to), it also grants me different perceptions than being able to directly appraise things.

Score! I don't have to spend 20 years learning languages!!

Doesn't that mean I can talk to animals and dragons if they exist? What a scary thought. I will be "seamlessly integrating" horribly if I start randomly meowing to a cat in front of people. I do hope my ability doesn't make me do that.

I've determined that my Redescription ability is probably one that grants me new skills. No idea what the catalyst is other than hair, because I can't yet appraise it. Might as well just use it to spawn powers for myself for now.

I asked to remain outside of the gate for the time being, so I can discover my skills a bit better. Clyde seemed to reluctantly agree to my proposal, as it was suspicious to have a no-name man appear in front of a city gate expecting entry. When they returned to the city, I walked around the gate for the next few hours and found a forest. A forest! What splendor!

I found some goblins there, but I was able to beat them without using skills. I had the distinct feeling "Flame Finger" wouldn't really help in battle, and it also wastes MP I am trying to regenerate.

After approximately 6 hours, when the moon was at the highest peak in the sky (probably midnight), my MP reached 4500! I felt like I could use my Redescription ability once more. According to my gamer's intuition, the reason Flame Finger had a depressingly high creation cost is probably related to its ability to evolve. I can see great potential in it, but I won't use it for now.

When I deigned to create another ability, I thought up some possibilities.

Should I concentrate on another element? Is Redescription able to do other things than create skills? I'll probably try that next.

I moved my hand in the direction of a Tree, and thought of using Redescription to change the tree in front of me into an inanimate object.

Sword? Magic staff? The possibilities are endless. Holding my hand out, I came up with a pretty good conclusion of what I should try. How exciting!

I figured this Redescription ability pretty much runs on Dungeon Master rules where it can do pretty much anything, and the nerfing power and cost of it is probably completely determined on what I ask for, like wishes or something.

"Become an Infinite Storage bag!!"

I made the request. As soon as I did, black lightning shot from my hand into the tree, gradually transforming it into a bag, made of pristine leather and a string strap, exactly like my imagination. How cool!

A hair got consumed in the process as well.

I look at the bag that's sitting on the floor. Is it infinite?? Can such a little bag be infinite? I giggle a little bit and pick up the bag. When I appraise it a few hours later when my MP recovers, really strange text appears.

Bargain Bin Bag of Below a Basic Build's Ability [??MP]

This bag is a pocket dimension bag capable of storing the weight of one tree, exactly 1,222 kg. Transactions of deposit and withdrawal from this bag are determined based on the mass of the items considered and whether it is alive or not.

The heck is with that long name describing it in all sorts of ways how the bag is bad?? I decided to use what little magic I have left to rename the poorly named item to "Magic Bag." What a pity.

Why did I pick a tiny tree?! It appears the 1222 kg limit is based on the weight of the tree I converted.

When it said "Below a Basic Build's Ability", aside from the obvious poetic naming, seems to describe the bag as pretty awful. When I went to sleep, I would contemplate it after I tried it on another tree in the morning.

_♦__________________________________________________♦_

When I woke up in the morning, I was stunned.

Shocked. Unravelled. Peeled. Shaven. Why do I not need to shave?

Anyways, I tried using my approximately 4500 MP on a tree again, to discover a window pop up.

"You can only Redescription one time for similar effects."

That window not only confirmed what I believed that it could do pretty much anything, but also had its ability held back only by the uniqueness of its uses.

Holy crap! If I had spilled the beans on my ability to those people in the car, they would have probably discovered this fact earlier on, which would have put me in a really dangerous spot. Although I feel that it's another reason that I didn't tell them about it, I feel extremely grateful that I was restrained.

I didn't lie since I didn't know.

5