Arc 1 Chapter 16: Administrator’s Encounter
119 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my name is Kyle. I am a highly reputable Adventurer from some unknown part of the continent in the sticks. Many people rely on me.

Today, as I wear my black robe of Reduced Aggression, I ponder why I did this.

As I observe forward at my impending doom, I calculate my chances for victory.

Yes, it appears I have got myself in quite the pickle. I was able to recently defeat a Rank-S beast threat from the Two Pillar, then came upon an unfinished letter addressed to somebody simply known as "Administrator." What is strange about this letter is it contains what appears to be classified information to report the conditions of the world.

Administrator? What the hell does that mean? I better take care of this guy before he becomes a problem.

Of course, I carefully inked away the previous contents of the letter, and wrote my own invitation to fight in the distant alleyway in the middle of town.

Two Pillar is located at the opposite side of the One Pillar in the Realm of Light, and is known as another breeding ground for Rank-S beast threats.

A highly fortified kingdom surrounds this pillar and keeps the beasts in it at bay with a yearly purge of the weakened monsters.

 


Administrator's Perspective

Teehee. I happily accepted somebody's application to die by my hand. Normally, it is not legal. When it comes to duel's standards, it is totally fine. As I walk down the shallow alley, I come upon a man donned in a black robe. As I approach him, he starts shuddering.

"So it's you. You're the a******e designated as an administrator for this world?" Said the man in the robe.

"Yes, that is correct. What business do you have with me?" I said chillingly.

I already knew his intentions ahead of time, I did minimal preparation, but I was already aware of this man's purpose here.

"DIE!!" Then the man immediately shot off several blades of compressed air at me.

Naturally, I stand still and it misses me. By random chance, of course.

Then, the man brings out several blades in his pockets, throws them at me and misses every one.

Of course, I do not move. None of them hits me.

"Bastard!! What the hell have you done?!" Shouted the man once more.

"What have I done? How offensive. I am simply standing here doing my duty as an administrator. My job is to oversee this world and you are trying to slay the overseer." I reply.

"Why do none of my attacks reach you?!" Said the man in confusion.

"You are throwing them around me, you know? You are making these decisions by yourself, you know?" I replied.

"GUAHHH!!"

The man runs directly at me and equips a sword he hid in his robe.

My eye briefly glows yellow.

"Hmm. Weapons Grade: F. Special Ability: Magic Sharpness. Designation: Garbage. Armor Grade: F. Special Ability: Reduction in Aggression for species ranked D and above. Designation: Not a threat." My eye's color fades.

Once the man slashes at me, he once again misses me by only a half centimeter.

"GNUH! GNUH! GNUH!" The man continuously slashes at me, dodging by a thin margin every time.

"Are you trying to give me a fan massage or something? What are you playing at?" I look confused as I stare at the man continuously deliberately missing me with his weapon.


Kyle's Perspective

Standing before me is a red man with three thin horns growing from his head. All three of his horns are faintly glowing white and he is wearing a fancy tuxedo. He has amethyst-colored eyes as well as various tattoos on his face. He always has a strange and uncanny smile about him, making him really weird to look at. He is only slightly taller than me.

What the hell is going on? Why can I not hit him? Every time I swing at this bastard, I instinctively slash at him and miss. Does he have some kind of magic ability to avoid my slashes? No, I do not sense such a thing. Does he have some sort of ability to make my sword miss on its own? No, I would be able to sense that too.

What the hell is going on here?! I am going crazy here!!

I slash, slash, slash. Nothing. Before my first slash, I saw his eyes glow yellow, but I have already determined that to be an appraisal Fabrication.

When I back off, I ask the obvious, "Well, do you mind explaining what the hell you are doing to me?"

"I already explained it to you, you and your garbage weapon are both avoiding me on purpose. For what purpose, I do not know." He replied.

"Why would I do that?!" I demanded.

"I am a grade B lower species assigned directly to this world. The average grading for your species is F. Your current power mutates your species to an E ranking, but that doesn't at all help you as that is this world's designation as well." He immediately replied.

"Wait. What? This world is ranked E? How are rankings determined?" I ask curiously.

"Rankings for worlds are roughly categorized based on the threat level of its native inhabitants as well as native enemies. From my reports, the lowest living sentient species on this world is humans, with a threat level of F. The highest threat level of this world has been determined to be a tie between the dragon and demon general, with a threat level of D. We administrators call it "species rankings" as a general blanket to the potential of your species." He explained.

As he carries on, I get more confused, "Since the highest and lowest threat levels are D and F, the administrator assigned to this world is 2 ranks higher than the maximum rank to keep observations handy."

He concludes, "The rankings are entirely subjective and are subject to mutation based on any one person's progress or racial abilities that gives troublesome skills. I am a lowly species that reigns here to make sure no miscreants pop up. Do you get it?"

When he said that, he smirked. As he dashed my way at lightning speed, he also disappeared.

Then suddenly, so did my consciousness. My last memory in this world is him spouting something like "Most humans have a racial trait called "slate." Although they are ranked F, some people spring up with troublesome abilities."

1