Arc 1 Chapter 19: The Test (5)
89 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once I finished my sparring match with Debra, I began to ponder my circumstances.

Are my fighting abilities that insane? Why is it only me? This does not make any sense.

Could it be that I have the abilities inherited from Caal? If that is the case, what is to say that I cannot also inherit his abilities? Why is it that I have less abilities than Caal? I do remember checking the status plate briefly before the dream ended and it showed the proper status. What is the significance of me not having them?

What if I cannot conceal my appearance? Once I visit other regions, will they not discriminate against me? I heard that elves are discriminated against in human regions. I have not seen any of it yet, but there is no reason to let my guard down.

Many more questions like this surfaced to my mind as I was advancing along the path. Once I returned to the designated area where my group was, I saw the blue orb that Shield was carrying. He did not seem interested in eavesdropping our planning, so I asked the team to huddle together for a brief discussion.

“Emily, Fil, Serge, could I ask you guys to escort me to a slightly deeper part of the One region? They were right. The piles of people moving around in this region are only doing so out of tradition. If we were to advance a bit more, I think we would be able to encounter something more appropriate for our training.” I ask, not particularly quiet so Shield can hear.

“Ehh? Isn’t our exam to survive in the low threat regions?” Asked Emily.

Shield cut in before anybody could get a word in, “Ahem… May I cut in here?”

“I know I know. We are only required to survive in the lower threat regions to pass the test, right? However, when you said specialized test, you intended for this to begin with, did you not? Isn’t your orb thing to track our abilities? I think it would be a waste if we did not advance any further, using none of our abilities.” I asked.

“That is true. What we were informed with was that this region was infested with moderately high-level monsters. However, if this stampede of people is passing by, I suppose we won’t get our assessment, right? Approved then.” Added Shield.

Once he said that, he once again went invisible and sounded like he was taking a bit of distance. The blue orb also floated away and faded out.

“There you have it. Let’s move out!” I said.

Guuuuhhhh… My head is being grabbed pretty tightly. Owowowow.

“Woah! Wait a minute!! Who died and made you our leader?! Just how far do you intend us to go in??” Said Fil, impatiently.

“That’s right. With how things are, we may be going into a region we aren’t quite prepared to handle, am I right?” Said Serge.

“That’s true. I will make sure to properly protect everyone. See you in the battlefield!” I concluded.

After I walk ahead in the direction of the pillar, I can hear some mumblings from Fil, “Goddamn piece of trash bagworm… I will definitely get him for this…”

I internally gasp.


At once, we decided to head to the slightly deeper part of the area leading to the One Pillar.

We occasionally encountered the odd mob, getting slightly more difficult as we carry on. Of course, I still am only slicing them with my hand. This is why I made that decision to ask permission to go further. It does not seem that the government would stand by and give me a good grading based solely on my ability to kill monsters in a region with less monsters.

I was watching our surroundings, but most monsters would just stare at us with the intent to kill and then do nothing more. Is this because my abilities are beyond them, or are they waiting for us to lower our guards? Is it possible that they see the pile of bodies leading here as a way to determine if they should attack?

Once I went around killing enough monsters, the sun began to go down. Oh yeah, the sun is a thing, it just goes down waaay slower.

Serge all of a sudden blurted out, “Alright, I will help set up camp. Fil and Sword, please stand guard while me and Emily set up the tents.”

S***!! I knew it!! Serge set me up to get murdered by Fil!! Help me!!

Once we left the vicinity of the tent builders, Fil gradually turned to me glaring fiercer and fiercer as we distance ourselves more.

“S********tttttbaaaagggggg….. It’s time for your killing!!” Shouted Fil.

AH!

“Help me....”

After we almost set up camp, I noticed that the earth started to shake and rumble.

We would have set up camp a little close to the crowd of people to ensure our safety while sleeping, but it seems that instead we can gather information here.

“Earthquake?!” Someone shouts, from the distance.

“Wha- AN EMERGENCY HAS JUST BEEN DECLARED! Apparently, S-Rank monsters are heading straight this way at breakneck speed!! Everyone run!!” Another person shouts.

“S-Rank threats?!?! WAIT A MINUTE!! The regions were established because S-Rank monsters were not supposed to do that, right?! We might get murdered!! NOOOO!!” Said one more person.

As we were preparing for the worst, it definitely felt like an immense power was approaching.

So, you wanted to come to me, huh? I suppose this will do too.

The people in the crowd were panicking and starting to get rowdy and run towards a place. I stop somebody.

“Hello. What are the people doing? Don’t you have emergency plans for situations like this?” I ask.

The man immediately points at me and looks down on me, “Haaaaahhhh?? Are you mad?! Emergency defense measures only work if the monster’s rank is B or below!! Don’t you already know that??” Shouts the man, impatiently.

“Is that so…? What on earth are they here for then?” I state, rhetorically.

“This has never happened before!! Our emergency measures could prepare us for 1 A-Rank threat AT BEST. How the heck could this have happened?!” He states with a wobbly voice, kneeled down and gripping his panicked face.

“Wait!! The monsters are… not killing people? What the heck is this report on about?!” Said one person.

“Is that true?! We may be able to run with our lives then!!” Shouted the man who was kneeling down.

The crowd of people started scattering like bugs away from this area and the rumbling ground got louder.

As it got louder, I pondered something.

Should I not prepare for a situation where I can ambush them? I guess that would be optimal. I certainly hope Shield can watch this display.

“Preparing to cast!” I shout.

As I say that, I jump into a tree up high. The trees in this forest are abnormally tall, so I could get some significant height.

“[Redescription: Conceal!!] [Redescription: Assassination!!]” This used quite a bit of my MP.

Spoiler

Name: Sword

Race: Unknown [???] Level: 12 (57.22%)

Jobs / Titles:

  • Untested Adventurer

HP: 3,500 / 3,500            MP: 22,500 / 40,000 (+115 MP per minute)

Racial Unique Skills: Redescription (???), Analytical Appraisal (ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ)

Skills (6 / 1,000,000,000):

  • Assassination (ΘΘΘΘ)

Skill Type: Suggestion (Fifth Grade) = Cortex (Greater) (6 Modules: Limiter, MP Reactor, Sensory Alteration, Light Bending, ???, ???)

MP Consumption Value: 1000

When active, Assassination provides the user with a burst of immense sensory abilities, essentially boosting their senses. When a user is granted this ability, their ability to judge the laws of physics improves for a limited time. After use, this ability temporarily hampers the user of those same abilities for an equal amount of time.

Limiter module included. Can cease functioning whenever the user operates the cancel function.

  • Bargain Bin Digestion Replacement (Passive) (Θ)

Skill Type: Micro Management (First Grade) = Solid (3 Modules: Mathematics, Counter, Organ Management)

MP Consumption Value: 10 (Per hour,) 1 (Per use)

This ability replaces (or makes) your ability to eat by using the surrounding air chemicals to produce minute amounts of food so you never go starving or thirsty.

While this ability passively replaces your ability to eat, it also consumes 1 MP every time it is used. Using this ability means the food inside of you will also disperse into non-toxic chemicals in the surroundings for this ability to use if they are still within a generous range of its activation.

  • Black Flame Lightning (ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ)

Skill Type: Emitter (Fifth Grade) = Hollow (4 Modules: Assembler, Excitation, Limiter, ???)

MP Consumption Value: 26 ≤ MP Consumed ≤ 1250

Information about this spell is not widely known. From analyzing, it is estimated that it produces particles by not only distorting the environment (???), but also exciting said matter as it seems to have the effect of heating in its immediate surroundings. Being burned by this projectile is unknown whether it produces heat as the flame is also black like the lightning.

Limiter module included. Can cease functioning whenever the user operates the cancel function. However, it is estimated that unless user can perceive well over 100,000 times the speed of light, cancelling prematurely will only stop the emitting of black flames.

  • Black Lightning (ΘΘΘΘΘ)

Skill Type: Distortion (First Grade) = Hollow (2 Modules: Limiter, ???)

MP Consumption Value: 0 ≤ MP Consumed ≤ 500

Information about this spell is not widely known. The first time it was used, a distortion of black lightning was produced, producing immense damage with only 15 MP used. If the target is not a completely useless meat bag fighter, this spell is likely to have less of an effect with that amount of MP used...

Limiter module included. Can cease functioning whenever the user operates the cancel function. However, it is estimated that unless user can perceive over 100 times the speed of light, cancelling prematurely has little to no use. Especially if the used MP is greater than 15.

  • Concealment (Θ)

Skill Type: Light Alteration (Fifth Grade) = Hollow (2 Modules: Light Bending, Limiter)

MP Consumption Value: 1 ≤ MP Consumed ≤ 1000 (Per 10 seconds, also during activation)

Concealment uses the Light Bending module to not only refract but also copy the light passing by the user. While light bends around the user, the user’s eyes will still see the surroundings as light is also copied into the user’s retinas. MP provided from 1 to 1000 determines how transparent the user is, from almost completely opaque to virtually transparent.

Limiter module included. Can cease functioning whenever the user operates the cancel function. This module also allows the user to adjust the MP used passively during its use. Doing this will also alter the effect accordingly.

  • Flame Finger [MP25] (ΘΘΘΘΘΘ)

Skill Type: Emitter (Fifth Grade) = Vortex (3 Modules: Excitation, Purifier, Limiter)

MP Consumption Value: 25 (Per 10 seconds, also during activation)

Flame Finger purifies elements in the air to become combustible in a short range in front of the finger. It also combusts said elements in the direction away from the finger, producing an evenly lit fire for approximately 3 centimeters.

Limiter module included. Can cease functioning whenever the user operates the cancel function.

[collapse]
0