Arc 2 Chapter 22: Demon Realm
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exploring around half of a super-sized world is really a pain.

 

Walking around, I noticed a few more remnants of battles fought in this hemisphere, but they are so old that they have degraded beyond recognition. I could of course notice the significance of a lot of these casted spells. However, these remnants all point to the fact that these battles  were being heavily tipped in one side’s favor. This creates a clear signal of just what happened to the humans or whatever else was unfortunate enough to inhibit this half of the globe, unable to escape their fate. It could also signify a battle with major figures, the scale of this magic residue would also suggest as much.

 

I found many of the circumstances here to be awfully strange.

 

For example, why exactly is it half of the world? If they had the power to, why is it not just the whole world? Would they not have a much more convenient testing ground with more of those weird cities? Was their goal not to conquer the world?

 

It is all too much of a coincidence for this to be mere speculation. There is an upper-limit to coincidences.

 

I noticed that these soulless cities were created on random spots way after the fact. Also, the fact that these cities were spotless should be a testament to their carelessness.

 

Secondly, there are zero demons in this area. Many were patrolling the edge of the demon realm. However, after you get passed the boundary there appears to be little to no encounters with demons. I walk and walk, for years on end, and I have encountered a total of 3 cities. I could rush it, but why should I?

 

This place is certainly not going anywhere, this world is really too old to perish. I have no idea of the circumstances of the demons, humans or any demographic. Elves, dwarves, you name it.

 

In the distance, I noticed a red gleam. There is a constant stream of red lightning shooting up into the sky, as if keeping it energized. Below it is a castle that appears to be a mad scientist’s laboratory or medieval castle.

 

Approaching it, I see many demons lined up left and right. They are very orderly in this scenario which surprises me. They seem to harbor no ill intent towards me.

 

I suppose there are demons who are capable of communicating between the pillars and the castle. Arriving at the entrance, I greet the demons, “Hello, I was invited to this place?”

 

“Yes indeed my lord. Your prudence in this matter is greatly appreciated. However, why were you exploring the demon realm? Can you not appear before us at any time?” Said one of the demons in front, seemingly a subordinate sent to receive me.

 

“I certainly could, however, is there a problem with me not rushing to arrive? I was very busy long ago and would like to explore places around the world with my own eyes and feet.” I said.

 

“We mean no disrespect, lord.” The demon politely bowed and left behind the wave of demons.

 

“Before I go with you, could you explain this lord business? How did I suddenly inherit half of the world?” Is something I have been wondering for a substantial amount of time now.

 

“Inherit? This half of the world was always yours, my lord. By the way, my name is Sussa the guide.” Said Sussa the guide demon.

 

Sussa was the demon in front coordinating directions with the demons behind her, seemingly making this a “welcome home party.”

 

Sussa has vibrant yellow-pupil eyes and is also wearing a latex suit. For what reason it is a latex suit I have no idea. She also has long purple hair reaching all the way to her back and really fancy lightning-style horns standing from her head. Sussa has a slightly darker shade of purple skin and… generous proportions. Something tells me this has triggered a flag of some sort.

 

“Lord?” Sussa started blushing. “Will you follow me inside?”

 

“Ahem, yes. Please lead the way.” I said.

 

I notice that she is also wearing fairly stereotypical high-heel shoes. The ground is rough… Has she not tripped a bunch? That seems more dangerous than it is worth.

 

Many demons of similar but not identical look are bowing while I pass by in both directions. To be frank, it is quite embarrassing.

 

Approaching the black luxury metal gate that seemingly opened on its own, I notice the yard.

 

Of course I would notice the yard.

 

Anybody would notice the damned yard. It is this yard. It is majestic. It is splendid. It is stupendous. It is awe-inspiring.

 

It is… hilariously out of place with the rest of the demon realm.

 

Think about it. Scary, awful castle… Green yard. Demon wasteland with nothing but rugged barren fields… Green yard with beautiful lawn that seems maintained every week. Large brown tree off in one direction, lush green bushes bordering the gate, the location for greenery is completely out of place.

 

If heroes decided to invade such a place, the greenery might do more damage to their mental health than I will to their physical health. That is how pretty it looks in contrast to the rest of this place. Perhaps that is my bias showing from seeing nothing but barren wasteland for the past 3 or something years?

 

Walking across the mason stone path, I approach the devil’s castle gate. Scary. The gate has some kind of lock inscription on the front of it but the inscription was not used. Sussa just pulled a lever on the side of it. Come to think of it, the gate back there looked awfully flimsy for a gate… I wonder what the security of this place is like?

 


Demon Realm, Year ??, Administrator’s Perspective

 

“Hmm, it seems you need a lesson beaten into you.” I said.

 

The demon in front of me looks fairly weak in comparison to me. I might only be B-rank, but that transcends this wretched planet’s median rank. I stepped into this city by chance, saw a horror show of complete soulless robots and stumbled upon a demon that appeared out of nowhere.

 

This damned b*****d insulted the great Gehenna and dares to soil his mighty name.

 

Before I teach the amoeba a lesson, I might as well ask…

 

“What does “God’s Experiment” mean? Is that some kind of joke?”

 

“Hmm, it is quite hard to elaborate on without context. Basically, our ruler has tasked us with managing civilizations of people who have escaped demons and have put them in these cities. Not quite hard to understand that part, but the purpose of this was to gauge the extent of people’s responses when exposed to such an environment. I am here to assess your opinion of this place.” Said the sly demon.

 

I keep repeating sly, but what I mean is this idiot keeps giving me his s***-eating grin expecting me to lower myself to him.

 

Question time is over.

 

“Alright, here I come!!” I say as I lunge forward.

 

The demon in front of me immediately dodges, but a gash of blood appears on his stomach.

 

“What the…?! Very well, I suppose I should take this seriously.” Said the sly demon.

 

“You turned your opinion around awful quickly.” I said.

 

It was quite scary how quickly the demon made its assessment.

 

Yes, I guided my attack into it even if it dodged. The gash appeared due to my ability.

 

The demon responded by quickly slicing into me, but I stand completely still.

 

“I don’t get it.” The demon said as its attack missed me when I stood still. “Are you some kind of illusion? What a strange ability you have there.”

 

“No. Nothing below a B-Rank species can attack a B-Rank species. It seems it is not common sense here.” I said.

 

“It is then safe to assume any projectile attacks would have the same effects… What a nuisance. I assess my best chance of survival is to flee.” The demon nonchalantly states it’s intent and tries to swagger out of a fight like it was nothing!

 

“If you don’t know anything, then let me let you in on a secret.” I appear on top of the sly demon as it is fleeing at tremendous speed.

 

I knock it down to the ground with entropic force. It creates a large crater and then the demon seems heavily damaged.

 

“Very rarely can a species of different ranks contend with one another. That is the reason why we are given ranks. Even species of the same rank usually have abilities that can end fights in a single move.” I say.

 

“That... means…” Said the demon, broken and gasping for air.

 

“Correct! Most fights between different species end in one move. I made this a special exception to teach you this lesson. Fights that are dragged out are usually intentionally so to get information from the opponent. I am sure you have experienced this same phenomenon from other species on this planet, am I correct?” I say, impatiently.

 

His next line really, especially ticked me off.

 

“Ha… Haha… I bet that filthy Gehenna would suffer a one-hit defeat from my lord...” as the demon glared at me.

 

What?! The supreme ruler of this entire galactic embassy?!

 

No way. This thing is bluffing.

 

I blast the crater further in until the demon is nothing more than a pile of guts and innards.

 

“I failed to receive any pertinent information…” I say while dusting my clothes off. “Seems I have to pay this arrogant “lord” of theirs a visit.”

 

I spit on the pile of guts.

 

“If you are any indication of the average skill level of these thing’s abilities, I would roughly give their lord a D-Rank at best. This demon didn’t even crack D-Rank and has the gall to advertise its lord as the end-all be-all.”

 

This world will suffer for this insult.

Back to weekly releases!

0