MoC 90
287 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

90

Two days before Christopher awakened the Gate. 

The main Temple of Light. Carliwan.

The Temple was rebuilt after Death Necromancer destroyed the main Temple five hundred years ago. This Temple was called Carliwan, in ancient words, it means second Liwan. 

Inside the large hall, hundreds of Priest and Nuns were surrounding the place. In the altar, an old man was standing, he was the Archbishop of the Temple. His name was Ulysses. He was the most powerful man of this Religion. 

He had two different colors of eyes. On his left eye, he had a black color. On his right eye, he had gray color and it had the symbol of the Goddess of Light. 

"You are lucky young man, only a few people could meet our Goddess."

Ulysses said. He was staring at George, the traitorous Prince of the Cransia Empire. George had the Sarmiento on his side while surrounded by hundreds of believers. 

Their plan of destroying the Empire was accomplished. The greatest loss they received was that Jaraina died. She was talented but it seemed that even her talent couldn't prevent her death. 

Their plan was successful…… However, their Goddess was not happy. Only Ulysses knew it, he could feel the hatred that was throbbing in his right eye. The symbol was showing that the Goddess wants to kill the Abomination. 

Ulysses was oblivious as to why his Goddess was angry but he didn't ask…  He didn't want to die. 

After a few days, the Goddess gave him a Revelation. She wanted to meet George. 

"The eternal light will shine upon us."

George replied.

"THE ETERNAL LIGHT WILL SHINE UPON US!!"

Every people repeated what he said, even the Archbishop put his hand on his chest. 

"Now, are you ready to swear your life to the Light?"

"Yes."

George didn't hesitate. At first, he was shocked that the Goddess was eager to meet him but it quickly changed to excitement. The Goddess saved him from his suffering, George was devoted to her. 

"Good, I like your answer."

Ulysses proceeded the Ceremony. To meet the Goddess, George must touched a part of her body. 

A blind voluptuous woman was holding a casket. In the crack, they could see that the item was shining. 

"This is the hair of our Goddess, you'll be connected to her if you touch it."

George nodded. 

The blind woman opened the casket. All of the people inside gasped, all of them cried. Their eyes were blinded because of the light. They kneeled and prayed to their Goddess. 

Even George closed his eyes, the light was so strong. The only one who could see was Ulysses, his right eye could withstand the light. 

He stepped in, his footstep echoed together with the prayers of the followers. 

He took the white hair and put them on George's palms. George felt the strands of hair, he had goosebumps touching it. 

"Are you ready?"

Ulysses asked him, to meet the Goddess… George must die.

"Yes… I'm ready."

Ulysses pierced his chest and George coughed blood. Ulysses didn't want George to suffer so he immediately killed him. 

The third Prince flopped on the floor.

The followers prayed enthusiastically, this was the first time they felt the presence of their Goddess close them. 

Ulysses watched these crazy followers. He wanted to return the hair inside the casket but he didn't. He didn't want to stop the praying of his members. He sat on a chair and wait for George's return. 

…………………

"Cratust! I thought we were friends!?"

Marquis Fillan yelled and Cratust sighed. They were in the center of the Temple, some people could hear them. 

"Edson, relax okay. I didn't betray you, I didn't know it first. The Bishop just wanted me to stay in the Temple, that's the only thing he said."

Cratust was telling the truth, he didn't know that the Capital would be in danger. He was instructed to stay in the Temple and he followed it. He never knew that Capital was attacked, he only learned it when the neighboring countries declared war.

Edson gritted his teeth, the memories that happened in the Capital were so fucking bad. The Emperor died, his niece died, his second son was depressed. Dylan was the only one who could think straight right now. 

Edson was frustrated.

"Father…"

Marlon tapped his shoulder, he shook his head signaling his father to remain calm. Edson breathed air, his chest was aching. He was scared, the Empire may be defeated. His family may die and he didn't want that. He had a lot of problems that he must solve, but he wasn't sure where to start. 

He was afraid to lose his friend but he was more afraid to lose his family. He sent a letter to his daughter. Thankfully, his daughter was on the west side of the Empire, that region was still peaceful. However, Edson knew that if they couldn't defeat the enemies, the war would reach the west side of the country. 

"Cratust… Do you have news about the Entei?"

The Priest grimaced when he heard Edson's question, he didn't receive any news about the Entei. That place was surrounded by the three armies. The enemies used the Inaudible Plain to quickly reached the City… The route that they thought would bring prosper was used to invade them. 

Only Christopher knew that the war would end in volume three so he didn't think much about the Inaudible Plain. He still regards it as their source of income. 

"Cratust… If you are still my friend. Please help Charles."

"Edson, you know that every Masters under a Temple was prohibited to join a war. I think you know what happened to the GuildMaster, he was punished because of what he did. The Adventurer Guild left the Empire and even the Adventurers followed."

Marquis Fillan massaged his forehead because he knew that everything that Cratust said was true. He wanted to help the Entei but he received a Royal letter stating that he must reinforce the main army. Marquis couldn't help his friend. 

Cratust was the only one he knew who could help the Entei. However, it seemed that there was no hope. Marquis Fillan understood that Cratust would die if he disobeyed the Temple of War. Cratust position was low even if he was a Master. It's completely different from Baratum's situation.

"My friend, we both know that Charles will not easily die. He escaped death a lot of times."

Edson could do nothing except nod. He hoped that the Mellwood would survive this war. 

10