MoC 122
231 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

122

Christopher was walking down the Inaudible Plain, what he saw was destruction. 

Craters were all around the Entei, not only that, he saw dead people on the ground. 

The battle was still continuing. He saw soldiers from each side but he didn't look after them. 

He was staring at the Entei, one of its gates was slowly being destroyed. The enemies had a battering ram that was currently breaking the gate. 

Christopher's heart was pounding crazily. He was hundreds of meters away from the city but he could clearly see that at any moment the gate would fall. 

He still had his rationality so he didn't transform, the only thing he did was ran using his full speed. 

He was not a Master so he could move around the battlefield. The real problem was the other scouts who were surrounding the area close to the Entei. If Christopher was detected he was sure that these people won't let him get close to the gate. 

"I don't care!!"

Christopher's body was engulfed in flames, he was moving while the fire was following him. The red tattoos around his body were glowing.

Because of his Gift, his Sui Generis abilities were improved. 

Everything that his body touched was burned and the fire was not easily extinguished. The fire stayed like it was never gonna die. The ground that he was running on was burning. 

He was like a "ghost rider" (yah, the movie).

Or he was like the human torch of the fantastic four who yelled "flame on" and transformed, although he wasn't flying but running.

Now, no one could identify who he was and the scouts won't do anything about him. If anyone tried to touch him, the fire would head to them and burn them alive. 

Christopher dashed into the battlefield. Some soldiers saw his strange appearance and blocked him however, they were scorched by the fire when they touched him. 

They cried and tried to kill the fire, they rolled on the ground but instead of dying the fire remain alive and kicking. 

Christopher knew that what he was doing could cause a great fire but for now, his priority was to prevent the gate from destroying. 

First, he scanned the best place to charge in, he didn't want to hurt his own ally. His view looked around and found the best route. 

He yelled and forced his away into the enemies, every step he took burned the ground. He was like a demon that crawled out of hell and set downfall on the battlefield. 

The others saw him but they didn't have the time to evade nor stop him. Someone swung their swords, Christopher was sliced but he kept advancing. The weapons that grazed him were engulfed with flames. 

"Aahhhhhhh!!!"

He wasn't hurt by the fire since it was his power but he couldn't maintain it for too long. 

One of the soldiers saw his devilish move, an Intermediate Strength Rara Avis held its axe and chopped him down. Christopher was cut on his collar bone, he touched the axe and broke it. The wound healed, Christopher punched the warrior on the face, the man cried touching his face. His nose cracked and the fire was spreading around his body. 

Christopher was now near the gate. He decided to use the technique that he learned recently. If not because of Bishop Benevere giving him the idea, he won't learn this. 

He cut his left arm and stopped his healing. He splashed the blood around the gate, the blood set fire and blocked the other soldiers from coming. 

His blood could be used as fuel to strengthen fire and lengthen the time of the fire. 

He waved his blood and stopped the enemy's soldiers from advancing. Others tried to cross the fire but Christopher was waiting on the other side. 

He put off his fire and attack the soldiers that were trapped inside the fire. He became the gatekeeper that protected the city. 

The people who were holding the battering ram felt that their surrounding was getting quiet. They turned around and saw that a man was standing on the dead bodies, behind him a great wall of fire was burning vastly. 

The man slowly moved, he was going to them. His nails became long and its tip was sharp. 

The soldiers realized that they would die if they don't release the battering ram that they were holding. They put down the large piece of wood and pulled their weapons out. 

They made a warcry and charged. Christopher found that some of them were Intermediate and that's it. As a man who touched a sword since his young age, he could predict how they would move. 

What he did was simple, he evaded then attack. He repeated this process until his opponents were thin out. He became a superhuman that could fight head-on with Intermediates even though he didn't have Aura or Mana. 

While killing them, he couldn't stop himself from smiling. He felt that smiling was the most natural thing to do while bathing in blood. He found this experience loving, he licked the blood on his fingers… Christopher was not the same person anymore. 

His hatred of these people was too much that he didn't see them as human. For him, they were animals that needed to slaughter because their numbers were getting out of control. 

The instinct of the Demon Beast was merging inside him and even his Second Skill couldn't protect. 

He was laughing like a madman. 

'Does killing give you happiness?'

"Yes, it is. I realized that my nature is to kill them."

'No, you don't.'

"Shut up, I like what I'm doing right now!"

'Christopher, you are not a psychopath who would kill a person out of no reason.'

"You are wrong."

'Remember that you are doing this to protect your loved ones.'

The voice inside him reminded him of his purpose. 

"… I'm…"

Christopher was struck, he punched himself so strong. He didn't stop and punched himself again. 

His impulse of killing vanished and he sighed relief. Just earlier he could still think clearly but because of too much use of power, his mind stopped working and the desire of Demon Beasts overtook him. 

He was thankful that he had his other self, he returned to normal because of his words. 

He remembered the gate, he glanced at the gate, it had cracks but it was still intact. 

Christopher stopped the infiltration and the enemies retreated. The fire that he caused was slowly disappearing. The image of death was now visible on the battlefield. 

10