MoC 123
246 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

123

The Count was fighting on the other side of the Entei. He fought for almost three hours and even yesterday he was fighting nonstop. He was defending the place. 

While he was fighting, he felt that the enemies were slowly retreating. He immediately went to the other side of the Entei to help them. He knew that there was a possibility that the gate was already destroyed and the enemies were now inside the city. 

However, he didn't feel anything cry nor screamed. The only thing he saw was the endless stream of fire. 

He was confused about the fire. But he let it be, he charged into the other side. 

His eyes widened when he saw a man standing in the middle of the dead bodies. 

Blonde hair, blue eyes, just like him. 

Charles was a man but this time, he let himself shed tears. He was happy that his son had returned. 

"Father…"

Christopher was surprised seeing his father, yet he was thankful that his father was alive. The father and son came close, Charles was the first to move and hugged him. 

"Christopher, I'm happy that you are safe."

Charles said while he was crying. Even he was anxious about his son, Vincent died and he didn't want that to happen to his second son. He was so happy that his son was alive. 

"Father, I'm happy too."

Christopher felt warm, yeah, he loved his family. His heart was elated when he saw that his father was alive. 

However, he didn't know how to explain the fire and dead people around him. The only thing that he was thinking about was how to quickly reach Entei. 

"Father…"

"It's okay, this is not the right place to talk."

Charles wasn't stupid, he detected the changes in his child. He had this sense that Christopher returned to the time when he was still a swordsman. He had the presence of a warrior. 

He was only gone for few months but many things changed about Christopher. 

Christopher nodded, his father was right, this place was not a good place to talk. 

The soldiers who were following the Count arrived. Charles ordered them to open the gate, the battle for this day was now over. 

………………

"Argh! Why is this place still standing!"

A man slammed the table, he was the prince of Rambaldon. The Entei was a good place to use as a stronghold, they were going to use it as their fortress. 

He received news that the other two countries successfully conquered the cities close to the border, he was the only one who still didn't complete his task. 

He was frustrated, he did everything to defeat the city but he underestimated the Count. 

At first, he sent a Fire Mahekiro, the woman was defeated and she had a wound on her chest. The mercenary decided that fighting the Count was dangerous so she left. 

The second, he sent two Masters that he hired… they died. He realized that the Count was not a man that could be ignored. 

Prince Erande knew that the Masters that participated in the Continental War shouldn't be ignored and he didn't treat them lightly. The Empire was the winner of the war and they became the strongest force on the continent so he knew that this war won't be easy.

However, gauging the Count's strength was his miscalculation. Now, he only had one Master under his command. 

But he didn't lose hope, they couldn't fight the Count head-on but they could still win. He thought he could finally take the city but instead of good news, he heard that a flood of fire descended on the battlefield.

Erande gritted his teeth. This was the most humiliating part of his life. All of his life he could take what he wanted and won. He was a talented man but now, he suffered defeat. 

…………………

Veronica was crying so much, she lost weight and she looked tired. However, right now, she was saved, her son returned and they were together again. While blending coffee for her husband and son, she was crying. She wiped her tears to prevent them from falling.

Christopher and Charles were in the room, Christopher he wasn't fidgeting nor afraid. All he felt was happiness that he met his parents again. 

As for explaining the Gift, Christopher didn't have any intention of hiding it. He was determined to explain it to them, he was tired of regretting that he didn't have any connections to his parents in his past and present time. 

As a son, he must not hide any secret, this was the thing that he realized when he left his sister behind. After that incident, Christopher always stuck inside his room and became a NEET. He didn't talk to his parents because he felt that he was the reason why his sister died.

However, there was only one thing that Christopher wanted to hide from them and that was the truth that he was a man from a different world who reincarnated here. He was afraid that his parents would change if they know that he was not the son that they thought he was. He wa still not tough enough to say that to them. 

Veronica entered the room carrying a plate where the cups and pastries were on top. She smiled watching her two men facing each other. 

She slowly put the coffee set on their table. The Entei was in a state of food exhaustion, but Veronica didn't hesitate to give them the last coffee and flour to create pastries. 

She bowed and let them had their conversation but Christopher stopped her from going out. 

"Mother, I want you to stay, I have something important to say."

Veronica stared at her son and nodded, only two months passed when Christopher go to the Capital but his poise was now different. He matured and became a great man, Veronica could feel it and she was proud of him. 

"Okay, I will stay."

Christopher started to tell them everything that happened. 

……………………

"So you want us to act like you are dead? Why?"

Charles understood all the decisions that Christopher said, at first he was skeptical about the ability to read the future but he knew that Christopher was not lying based on his face. 

"I want to remain hidden…"

"Is that because of the Gift of reading the future?"

Veronica asked, she was confused but she forced to comprehend his son.

Veronica and Charles only cared that their son was alive, right now, they were so much thankful for the Abomination for reviving him. 

12