MoC 124
230 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

124

Christopher was infiltrating the enemy camp not to kill the leader but to talk to him. 

Based on what he knew, the forces that were staying right now in this place were the soldiers of Rambaldon. He knew that there was only one Master in this camp so he didn't hesitate to infiltrate it. 

Erande was a calculating Prince, Christopher was confident that Eranda was thinking of how he could salvage this situation. Christopher had the answer to his question. 

He reached the tent of the General, no guards were protecting the place since Eranda was certain that no one could reach this place without detecting him. 

"Who's there?"

Christopher smiled, it seemed that Erande was really good. Christopher cut the tent and entered, he saw the Prince watching him attentively. He was in his bed, his left hand was under the sheet and Christopher believed that he was holding a weapon. 

"Hello, Prince Erande."

…………….

The retainers of Prince Erande were kneeling on the ground, they were shivering because of fear. 

The Prince was mad because of the failure that happened. Their last chance of taking the city ended with a loss, the right side of the city was engulfed in flames. 

They lost many soldiers because of that and they didn't even penetrate the walls nor the gate. 

The Prince slammed the table, this was the most embarrassing moment in his life. He could accept it if he lost to Augusta but he lost to a man that didn't join the war for two decades. He lost to the relics of Continental War, a Count at worst. 

His position was in the grave right now, his other siblings were idiots but they knew how to profit in this situation. Added that his father was an idiot too who didn't know how to govern and always sunk in pleasure, he was the only one who could save their slowly dying kingdom. However, perhaps his dream won't be realized. 

The retainers bowed their heads afraid of seeing his face, they knew that Erande would pull his sword at anyone who makes a wrong move. 

The Prince sighed watching his retainers like corner rats who were going to be eaten by a dangerous cat. 

"Get out of here!"

The retainers scampered and quickly escaped. 

Erande was left alone in the tent, he went to his bed and lay there. He was tired and he wanted to rest, he didn't sleep for many days just to accomplish his mission but now it was nonsense. He closed his eyes he didn't care anymore. 

However, in the midst of his rest, he woke up finding that someone was getting close to his tent. He concealed his sword under the sheet and opened his mouth to startle the man. 

However, the infiltrator didn't react nor retreat, he slashed the tent and went inside like nothing. 

'A mask?'

A man who wore a mask of a wolf came into his view, the man had a black suit but Erande was not sure if this man was a noble or not, anyone could wear a suit. 

"Who are you?"

"Greetings, Prince Erande."

The voice was muffled so he couldn't exactly hear his voice but he knew that it was male based on the tone and pitch. 

The man had a confident air even though he was in the middle of the enemy camp.

'…I can't detect any Mana or Aura?'

Erande was confused why this man didn't have any presence, he thought that maybe he was a Faux Pas but he erased that idea. The man was strong and Erande could feel it, he didn't know why but he believed that this man had the ability to destroy the camp.

"What are you doing in my tent?"

He asked to calm his mind. Right now, he didn't have any information about this man. He believed that Gandhi was now coming to his place all he need to do was to distract this man. After that, he could subdue this man to find information. 

"Prince Erande, I will give you an option, either you die or prosper, the decision is yours."

The unknown man confidently said. 

The Prince narrowed his eyes because of his mocking, still, he persevered and prevent himself from attacking. 

"And? If I chose prosper, what will you do?"

He tested him.

"Then I will tell you this, you must retreat and wait for the right moment to attack the Algia. You will earn fame if you invade them."

Algia was the third country of this alliance, the alliance of invading the Empire was consist of them, Forzin, Rambaldon, Algia.

"Are you saying that I will attack my ally?"

The masked man nodded. 

Erande scoffed at his reply. 

" The Algia is strongest of the three kingdoms that attacked the Empire, they had a group of talented people who can make runic weapons. The people in the position of Captain and higher had runic weapons given by the government. I tell you, they are the hardest to fight."

Erande was not lying, the Rambaldom and Algia always had a border war. The Prince experienced how frightening their technology. 

"Then you will die."

"Are you going to kill me?"

Erande clenched the sword. 

"No, Duke Zarasa and Romero Zarasa are the ones who will kill you. "

Erande gritted his teeth, he was frustrated that another factor would destroy his plan. 

"It depends on you, you will die if you fight the Duke or you will take the Algia and their technology."

Erande was slowly comprehending that this man had something. However, before he could understand it, the man bid farewell.

"Then I will leave now, it seems that someone is going here."

"Wait!"

The Prince tried to stop him but the masked man fled. The Prince exited the tent to follow him but he was already late, the man was nowhere to be seen. 

The First Prince touched his chin, he recalled every word that he said. 

13