MoC 125
197 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

125

Christopher started his move, his first mission was to destroy the cities around the border. 

………

……

The forces of the Cransia were marching in the three places where the enemies started their invasion. 

The forces under the Royal Family were going south-east to confront the Algia Kingdom. They hid that half of their forces waiting at the other place, the Teleportation Gate was now working but they kept it secret. They would create a surprise attack, a Gate was close at the battlefield and the enemy didn't know that they could use it now. 

For now, they were just waiting for the right moment to attack. Rachel was activating all of the Gate in Empire and they could now move around as long as they had mana stone. 

The forces under Duke Caparal were going to face the Forzin kingdom, Marquis Fillan was with them. While they were marching north-east, Marlon and Yuusha were getting friendlier with each other. Marlon was easy to get close with and Yuusha was a good man so it was understandable. 

Only the Masters who fought the Flesh knew that Yuusha was a Hero. Hendrix sent this information to the main Temple but the Temple didn't respond, instead, they were asking him about the Chimera. 

Just like him, Miranda also told the same story to her Goddess but the Goddess of Weather easily trashed the news, she was more interested in Christopher. 

The flow of the continent was slowly advancing but it was still early.

Right now, Duke Zarasa and his soldiers were going to the Entei. When they reached the Baudan, they found that the battle was already over. They won with minimal loss, the Baudan was destroyed because of the mercenaries under Count Seblan.

They used the Gate that was known as unusable and struck the inside of the Baudan. They set the city on fire and the Royal Family commenced their attack. The Baudan lost, however, the death of Duke Obata and Luze Obata was still not confirmed. 

Only a few people knew that Duke Obata was saved by the followers of True Apostle. As for Luze, perhaps she died by the fire or by the attack of the Flesh. 

Romero was disappointed when he found that the enemies died before they even reached the Baudan. He wanted to nag the lazy nobles who prepared their soldiers late. He wanted to strangle their neck, anyway, the matters related to Baudan ended and they won. 

The cavalries were galloping fast because they believed that Entei was in a grave situation. Their horses advanced to salvage the city. However, while they were moving, they found it odd that nobody tried to block them. They thought that there were scouts that would hinder them but that thing didn't happen. 

Their travel was smooth, so smooth that they became agitated, perhaps the Entei was already destroyed and the enemies were marching to the other city. Maybe they didn't meet them because they used a different route. 

These thoughts forced them to move faster, but when they reached the place, their eyes widened. 

………………

…………

……

Romero yawned, he was on top of his horse and he felt sleepy. 

Duke Saraza sighed at his son's attitude. Romero had this nonchalant attitude and it felt like he wasn't going to face a war. Sure, Romero was talented and Duke could vouch for it. 

"Romero, don't show to the soldiers that casual expression of yours. You  will make them relax, we must become focus so that we are ready for any incoming attack, don't show that face to them, you will infect them."

Duke Saraza talked to his son harshly, Romero waved his hand at him. 

"It's okay, even if something attacked us, I can defeat them easily."

Romero smiled at his father, showing his white teeth. He was confident that he could beat any people even if they were Masters or Temple's Combatants. He could take them. 

They bickered, Duke Saraza was irritated that his son didn't respect his advice. Romero answered all of his words with a smile and confident rebuttal. 

No one could beat him, he said. It was a brave remark and the Duke wanted to smack him. Romero may have been a talented warrior but that doesn't mean that he could win all of the fights. If Romero tried to fight the late Emperor Aquila, he would die before he could even get close to him. 

Romero stretched his arms, he was getting tired of traveling. He wanted to fight the enemies now. He hoped that the Masters from Rambaldon were strong, he wanted a fight, not a massacre. 

'I can fight two masters if they want to.'

He grinned, finding the idea of fighting multiple enemies exciting. 

"Hm, what's that? Is that our cavalries?"

Romero narrowed his eyes when he sighted their cavalries coming back. However, they were not only the ones who were coming, some soldiers that he couldn't identify was with them. 

However, Duke Zaraza knew these people. They were the soldiers of Count Mellwood, even the Count was with them.

He studied their faces and he was confused why they were looking fine. They wore armors yes it looked used but not dirty. He thought they were in the middle of protecting the Entei, so he was confused why they look fine and elated.

He thought the Rambaldon was trying to siege the Entei but when they looked at them, there were no traces of sadness, instead, they were smiling. 

They gradually reached them, Duke Zarasa and Count Mellwood got off their horses. They face and greeted each other, they took each hand and shook them. They were not close enough to hug each other since they had a decade of age gap. The Count was more like a kouhai while the Duke had the role of senpai, a kouhai-senpai relationship. 

The Duke started their conversation with a question.

"Count, what happened to the Entei and why are you here?"

The Count laughed because of his question. He moved his mouth and talked.

Romero who was listening with them had a shocked reaction when he heard it. 

11