MoC 126
218 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

126

The Count opened his mouth.

"The forces of Rambaldon retreated, the Entei was still standing even now. We lost many of our soldiers but we prevailed."

Count Mellwood smiled because they overcome the hurdles. His son was alive and he protected the city, it was hard but it was worth it. 

"H-How did that happened!?"

Romero was struck and he almost caught the shirt of the Count. Duke Saraza slapped his crazy who lost his reasoning and disrespected the standing of the Count. Count Mellwood was a polite man who protected his territory. Romero should be happy that the enemies retreated. 

"Romero, choose your words!!"

The Duke was angry, how could Romero do that? He wanted to reach the Count just because of the reason that his thirst for battle that he couldn't satiate. Duke Saraza was furious, based on the expression of Count Mellwood he still didn't know that his second son died. And now, Romero wanted to get angry with the Count who just lost his son! The Duke wanted to punch him. 

Romero returned to his right mind, he immediately bowed his head and asked for forgiveness from the Count. Count Mellwood was the father of his rival, he was the one who taught Vincent the way of the sword. He knew that what he did was wrong because he lusted for blood, he made a mistake. He knew that Count Mellwood second son died but he didn't give face!

"Please forgive this bastard!!"

Romero bowed not only that, he even kneeled and kowtowed. He was a disgrace!

The Count was so shocked watching Romero, he knew that Romero had this impulsive attitude but this was the first time that he saw him kowtowing. He coughed and waved his hands, how could he get angry at the man who immediately begged for forgiveness after realizing his mistakes. Romero was a good man and he was so honest. 

"It's okay, I'm not hurt or anything."

Charles said. However, the Duke put his foot on his head and crushed him to the ground. His son made him frustrated many times so he wanted to take revenge. 

"No, ehem, I believe it's not enough. You should smash your head on the ground ten times!"

… Duke Saraza, perhaps Pablo inherited his craziness from his father. Anyway, because Romero felt guilty, he obeyed his order. 

"Um, by the way, where is Christopher?"

Count Mellwood asked innocently, he looked behind them because he was looking for his son… Count Mellwood had a talent for acting. 

………

……

The soldiers went to the Entei, they prepared rations for the Entei in case they didn't have food. The soldiers distributed it to the people. 

Count Mellwood and Duke Saraza were having a meeting inside the workplace of the Count. 

"Count… I'm sorry for your loss."

Duke Saraza sadly said. 

When they reached the mansion, Count Mellwood took his wife into an empty room and told her that Christopher died. Duke  Saraza and Romero heard a loud crying voice, they heard the Countess screaming because of what she heard. Romero looked at the floor, he knew how painful losing your loved ones. Right now, the Countess was in her room, crying (Veronica was actually inside the room because she didn't want to show that she was faking it). 

Count Mellwood had a pale face, he looked like a man that lost half of his life. He had an unfocused vision.

"…"

He uncorked a bottle of wine and drunk it. He didn't care about showing his manner. Duke Saraza understood him, the Mellwood lost their two children. It was the most painful thing that parents could feel. 

The Mellwood could win an award in Oscar, the talent to acting was ingrained deep in their bones. 

Charles closed his eyes and calmed his heart. When he opened his eyes, the determination came back. 

"Duke, the Rambaldon retreated."

"Yes."

Duke Saraza nodded, their scouts scanned the area and they discovered that the Rambaldon did retreat. The possibility of them returning to attack the city was none because the forces of Duke were now in the Entei. They would only lose if they attack again. 

"Then how about we attack the Forzin?"

The Count said. Their soldiers had nothing to do and they still had enough food to reach the Forzin kingdom.

"T- that's!"

The Duke started to think about the words that he said. Even if they left half of their forces here, the Rambaldon won't win. They could attack the other border of Forzin using the other half. 

The Duke realized the graveness of the situation. He approached the Count and tapped his shoulder, this suggestion could end the war. 

"Count…"

"I know, you need to march again to reach the Forzin sooner before the news of Rambaldon retreating is known."

Count Mellwood chuckled but his eyes were not happy.

"Leave this place to me, I swear if the Rambaldon came again, I will pulverize them."

The Count clenched his fists, Duke Saraza believed Charles would really do it if that happened. 

"I will now leave."

"I have a favor, please kill all of them."

Charles said, his voice was firm. 

Duke Saraza nodded and took his sword, he still had a job that he needed to do. 

Romero was waiting in the living room, he saw his father coming out.

"Father?"

Romero was confused why the Duke was rearranging his armors. He thought their mission was over since Rambaldon had already retreated. 

"Romero ready our soldiers!"

"Huh?"

"Divide them to two, the other half will protect the city while the other will travel."

"Wait, father. Where are we going!?"

Romero couldn't comprehend his orders, he wanted to know what was happening. Earlier, the Duke had a melancholic gaze because of the misfortune of his kouhai, but now he had the eye of a warrior. He had this atmosphere of ready to kill. 

"Tell our soldiers that we will go to the Forzin! We will attack them on the other side."

Romero started to realize what his father meant. He liked where this is going. 

11