MoC 129
196 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

129

The forces under Duke Saraza had taken Valencia, because of this, the enemies were focusing their attention on them. They didn't realize that the other forces were slowly advancing. Before they found it, it was already late. 

The bell was ringing signaling that the enemies had come. The King was shivering, he didn't know how these things happened. 

He was shocked when he found that the cities around the border didn't inform him. No one knew that there was a possibility that the enemies would reach them without them noticing. 

The answer was simple, those cities were gone. They disappeared and even the forces of Cransia didn't know what happened to those cities. 

………

……

"How did it came to this!?"

The King was angry and smashed the table, right now, over the walls that protected him, soldiers were fighting. The other side wanted to penetrate the city and the other side was protecting it. 

Natan was the one who was handling the situation. He was in front of the walls encouraging his allies. 

However, it seemed that this battle would be concluded faster than they thought. Two forces were sandwiching them and they knew that their only choice was to defend. 

Natan was using his gauntlets to pushed back every soldier that tried to go to the gate. Some soldiers were trying to climb the walls but Forzin won't let them. They rained arrows on them so for now, the majority of soldiers were going to the gate that he was protecting. 

A horn was blown. 

A man who wielded a saber approach the gate. The soldiers all around him stopped fighting, enemies or allies. All of them were staring at Romero. 

Romero's vision was glued on Natan. At last, looked like his boredom would be gone for a couple of hours. He grinned and pointed his saber to Natan. 

"I am Romero Saraza, the first son of Duke Saraza, I'm asking you for a duel of death!"

The soldiers gulped when he heard his announcement. All of them stared at Natan, they were waiting for his answer. 

Natan understood that he must accept this battle, if he don't, the soldiers would lose their will to fight. 

"I'm Natan! A Speed Master, the protector of Forzin. "

Natan clenched his fists. 

Romero nodded, he saw that Natan had the determination to face him to death. He held his saber. 

The two charged at the same time, Natan based his attack on speed. He was faster and he reached Romero quickly, Romero found an afterimage, but he didn't attack it, instead, he duck. Natan kicked nothing but air. 

Natan was surprised that his trick didn't work on Romero even though this was their first time fighting. 

Natan rotated his body and kicked Romero's feet but the man jumped up. This time, Natan was completely surprised and caught off guard, his eyes widened. 

'My attack was dodged twice!'

He said to himself. Romero's sword descended on him, Natan back away. 

He was sweating, he glared at Romero. The man was grinning and stared at him with his beastly eyes. 

Natan realized that Romero was a dangerous man. He didn't know why but he evaded his two attacks, Natan was confident of his speed and he believed that evading two of his attack within milliseconds was impossible. 

'I executed those attacks quickly but he still saw them and dodged.'

"You, you're not a Speed type?"

Natan asked. 

"Hm? Me? No, I'm not a Speed Type, I'm a Strength Type just like my father."

Romero told him.

Natan decided to use his special attack, his feet and arms were on the ground. He looked like an animal because of this position. 

He sprinted like a cheetah, his image disappeared, the soldiers who watched their fight couldn't keep up with his speed. 

The only thing they could detect was the strong gust of wind that touched their body. 

Natan appeared beside Romero, Romero lifted his saber to attack him but Natan vanished again. Now, he was behind him, Natan people punched him but what he hit was his sword. 

Romero parried him even though Natan moved so fast, he could keep up with his speed. Natan blanked out for a second, he regained his mind when he found that Romero's leg hit his side. 

Natan rolled to the ground, he recovered his footing but he still coughed blood. The attack of a Strength Type was dangerous, they had the power to crushed concrete walls just with their bare hands. 

And now, Natan received his kick completely. He kneeled on the ground and coughed. 

Romero stretched his neck and made a cracking noise. He was excited about fighting a Master but he felt disappointed when Natan lost his focus. Romero believed that Natan could easily dodge that attack but he didn't. 

"Tch, I thought this battle will be fun."

Romero honestly said. Natan was actually strong, on that first clash, Romero understood that Natan's speed was far greater than an ordinary Speed Master. 

It was a pity because Romero fought an enemy much faster than him, this was the reason why Romero could keep up with his speed. Vincent was the true meaning of fastest man, Romero had many sparring with him but he always lost. He had a melancholic smile remembering the past. 

Natan tried to stand up but the sword was already on his neck. 

"You lose."

Romero declared. Natan looked up and grimaced, he saw that Romero had a disappointed face. It seemed that he didn't give him a good time. 

"Please be alive, Your Highness."

Natan recalled how the king saved him when he saw young since then he promised that he must pay his benefactor. Natan became a Master and he really did pay him but looked like this would be the last time. Natan closed his eyes and accepted his defeat. 

Romero lifted his sword, it fell down and made a slashing sound. Natan's head rolled together with his red blood. 

Now, the only Master that was protecting the city was gone. They could attack now. 

10