MoC 130
200 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

130

The gate was destroyed, the soldiers broke through and attacked the city.  Romero was staring at them, his job here was finished. He turned around and walked away. 

………

……

The King was running underground, together with a couple of trusted people and soldiers, they were escaping from the city. 

He knew that he lost, that was why he was running. 

He was asking himself how did this happen, he thought he could win this fight. He believed that he could, when did the domino fell on their side, was it from the time that they made an alliance with Duke Saraza, was it from the time that Valencia was taken, or maybe since the beginning? 

The King didn't know the answer, perhaps the idea of invading the Cransia Empire was a mistake. 

His lump body was moving inside the dark tunnel. Behind him, the men were holding sacks full of golds and gems. They planned to leave this country and seek haven in other countries far away from the Empire. They were thinking of going to the Eastern Continent and spend their life in pleasure there. 

They were panting, they were running while carrying these heavy treasures so of course, they would be tired. Still, they didn't think of leaving the treasures, money could save them so they carried it like their lives were depending on it. 

They slowly sighted the light, at last, they could now leave this dark smelly tunnel. They regained their strength and held the sacks firmly, the King was excited and advanced to the exit. 

He breathed fresh air, his vision lightened up. He was in the middle of the forest, the tunnel was 400 meters away from the city and this place was hidden. The King was confident that no one could find them here. 

He urged his men to carried the treasures. He had a carriage near this place, the King always had a carriage waiting in this place in case of something dangerous would happen to him. Before he even attacked the Empire, he already made an escape route. 

"Faster you dimwits!"

He yelled at them. He watched them carrying his treasure, he kicked his tongue because they were slow. Truth be told, he could leave this place without them. He had a ring that was carved with Runes, this ring had a 2 meter³ space inside it. The King put all of his important items inside the ring but it wasn't enough, he couldn't put all of them. 

He was frustrated that he could put all of his treasures that was why he asked these people to help him. He couldn't carry these heavy sacks alone. He touched the ring, if things went south he could escape this place alone, as long as he has this ring he would be fine. 

"Let's go."

He urged them. 

The King remembered the place where the horses and carriage were, it was hidden in cave thirty meters away from the tunnel. 

They walked into the forest. The followers swayed the branches so that the King could walk comfortably behind them. 

They reached the carriage, but ten steps away from the carriage they found that something was odd. 

"… Where are the horses?"

The King stepped in and realized that there were no horses. He asked someone but nobody tried to answer. The King became enraged and his face brightened red. He came close and found that the ropes were cut, he easily concluded that someone cut the ropes and let the horses escape.

"Who the fuck take my horses!?"

He angrily stated. He wanted to kill someone. 

"Oh, that fault is mine."

"!!!"

The King was startled, the soldiers who were there immediately surrounded the King to protect him. They pulled their swords and pointed them out. 

They heard the sound of grasses scraped by the wind. Their vision focused, a silhouette of a person was slowly appearing to them. 

All of them gulped. 

A man who held a dagger arrived. Christopher smiled and bowed his head, to make sure that no one would know his face, he was wearing the wolf mask that he used to have a deal with Prince Erande. 

'Although no one is gonna leave anyway, it's still good to be sure.' 

Christopher decided that from now on, he would always work behind the scenes. Together with the help of Acacia, he traveled fast using her shadow movement. Christopher used his power to burn the cities around the border, it was hard but it seemed that he successfully did it. 

He helped the Empire to swiftly reach the capital of Forzin. Christopher did those things with finesse, no one knew what happened to those cities because no one escaped. They were burned alive, although Christopher spent a great amount of his blood. He was lucky that he had high survivability because of his Gift. Anyway, the plan sailed smoothly than he expected. 

The soldiers who saw his weird costume were clenching their weapons. The people who didn't have the capability to fight were hiding or went behind the soldiers. 

The King narrowed his eyes and looked at him. He wasn't sure if he was Master or not, he was hiding his fear and remained calm so that Christopher won't detect his fear. 

"Who are you?"

"Me, I'm just a nobody."

Christopher chuckled. 

The King was sweating, he was afraid that maybe Christopher would kill him.

"I will give you a sack full of treasure, let us leave."

He hoped that Christopher would accept his proposal. 

The wolf mask man stared at the sacks that were held by the shivering followers. He already knew that these sacks had treasures inside them. 

"Nah, I can get that if I kill all of you here anyway."

The King almost puked because of his arrogant answer. He didn't care anymore, he ordered his soldiers to kill him. 

"Kill him."

The soldiers who were waiting for his command moved out, they charged and lifted their weapons.… They all died within a minute. 

11