MoC 142
187 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

142

The greeting went from the nobles up to the neighboring countries or to be precise, the one who represents them, the ambassadors. 

The Empire won the war and the other countries understood that the Empire was still strong. They sent each of their ambassadors to greet and gave him presents, they wanted to express their goodwill. The ambassadors bowed their heads, every one of them had a moment to greet him. Julian felt like this was getting boring but he decided to continue, he was still a new Emperor. He didn't want to cause any problems, he needed to make his roots to do that…

He wanted to yawn but he bit his teeth and smiled at them. Then, the real thing had come. He saw a person who he didn't think would come. 

"Now this is getting interesting."

He mumbled weakly, his eyes became fierce. He needed to show his dominance, not only to the aristocrats but to the ambassadors too. 

He only met this man one time, that was when they joined forces and attacked the Algia kingdom.

The representative of the Rambaldon kingdom was Prince Erande. 

The aristocrats whispered at each other, their eyes were looking at him, curious about him. 

They knew him, the first Prince of the Rambaldon, the general who won many battles. And last year, when everyone thought that he ran like a coward, he made a surprise attack on the border of Algia. Prince Erande got his pride after that, there was a rumor that he actually ran and looked like a coward to confuse his ally and the Empire. It was just a rumor and nobody knew the truth, perhaps he did all of those just to accomplish his real goal, to backstab the two kingdoms. Maybe the real reason why the Entei wasn't penetrated because Prince Erande didn't have any intention of doing it since the start. Maybe he let his soldiers died for his own glory. 

It was known that the Prince lost a great number of soldiers at the Entei. However, it seemed like he planned all of it. 

If that was his intention, then he did a good job. Prince Eranda became the center of attention, he walked with confidence. The nobles started to think that this man is dangerous, he was releasing a cunning aura. 

"I greet the Emperor. 

Prince Erande kneeled with one of his knees, he showed that he respects the Emperor but he didn't fully any heeding. Julian rested his head on his left fist, he looked like a man who was looking at a rat. He grinned showing his teeth. 

Julian didn't fully know this person, if Augusta was here then he could help him to understand this man. It was unfortunate that he was not here, Augusta was traveling the continent to find his brother. As for Empress Maria, the woman was still depressed, she was living in a separate place. However, Julian didn't let her suffer, he gave her wealth enough for her to live peacefully. 

"Hoh, so the hero of Rambaldon is here."

Julian had a poker face, he was smiling but any smart person could understand that he was faking it. Erande was part of that. He smiled just like the Emperor, he looked innocent like a child. 

"My father sent me here to personally greet you, Your Highness, I believe that's the best way to show our sincerity and respect."

Some of the ambassadors almost puked blood because of the statement that he spat. The Prince was saying that to show the country's sincerity, one of the royal family must greet the Emperor. 

Julian laughed at that, Erande was insulting the other country.

"Hahaha, so you're saying that your Rambaldon is better than the other countries, is that it?"

"No, your Highness. I just want to say that I'm sincere in showing my respect."

Erande said with no trembling at his voice.

"Good good. I like your attitude."

Julian started to think that this had guts. Nevertheless, he still needed to see if this man was actually smart or not. He wanted to know what would happen if he tried this trick. 

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"Well then since you are here, I guess you have gifts, right?"

Julian asked for the gifts but that was not his real intention. 

Erande nodded, he felt like the Emperor was thinking of something but Erande decided to play with him. 

"Yes."

He clapped his hands and his followers carried three large chests. Two people carried each one and they slowly put them in front of the Emperor. They opened the chests and the Emperor's eyebrows went up, even the aristocrats gasped looking at the chests. 

What they saw were three weapons, they looked bleak and normal, they had a jewel chiseled on the handle, that's the only special feature that they had. However, all of the people inside felt a strong pressure coming from each of the weapons. 

"These three are the Runic Weapons, they are not ordinary Runic Weapons. They are legendary Runic Weapons."

The people whispered and their voices could be heard. They couldn't control themselves from gossiping, what Erande showed was enough to shock them. 

The Emperor grinned. 

'This is becoming interesting!'

"These weapons are my gifts for you, your Highness."

"I see… then is it alright if I give it to my trusted men? I'm not saying this to disrespect you, but I believe these weapons need great holders am I right? I don't want these weapons to rot inside the Palace."

Erande paused, but he decided to agree. As a warrior, he could understand the Emperor. A great weapon needs to be in the hands of a great warrior. 

7