Chapter 147
177 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

147

Zoan squinted his two eyes because of his statement. He wanted to say something but Christopher was faster. He advanced the conversation to the next level. 

"Okay, let's go to the Temple now. The Archbishop is waiting right."

"Yes he is."

Zoan gritted his teeth and let this thing slipped by. The mission that the Archbishop was important compared to his feelings. 

Christopher nodded and returned his dagger in his pocket. This weapon became handy, he could turn it into a sword and use it if something emergency happened. 

"Follow me…"

Zoan didn't talk after that, he moved and merged with the shadow. He was fast, he wanted to show that he is above.

"So you want me to follow you with that speed? You think I can't follow you?"

Christopher chuckled, Zoan was still a kid, he's still clouded by his emotions. Christopher's eyes became wolf-like, he didn't fully transform. He learned how to partially changed his body. He sniffed the scent of the kid. Christopher could clearly smell, even if he was not here anymore, Zoan's scent was still here. Christopher followed where the scent went. 

He ran, dashing to the darkness. He moved fast like a wind. 

………

……

Zoan appeared near the secret passage for the Temple, he scoffed when he found that Christopher was nowhere to be found. He mocked him because he couldn't follow his simple trick.

"I thought you are great, how could you not reach nor follow me? Does my speed is too much for you?"

His expression looked disappointed and sneering. However, his face changed when he felt like someone was coming. His eyes twitched when he saw that Christopher was coming. 

"Hah! He's just lucky!"

He explained to himself. 

Christopher went to him, he was smiling showing that he didn't have any difficulties following him. Zoan was grumpy looking at his face.

"I still won, I reached the place first."

He said. 

"Hehe, of course you will win. I don't even know where the place, I just follow you. Besides, how can you say that this is a competition when you didn't even say anything. You didn't say where the place is."

Christopher stated. Zoan wanted to refute his words but he couldn't find any. What he said was all true, he was the only one who treated this as a fight. He just left without any saying and now he was saying that this was a competition. 

Zoan glared at Christopher. 

The man shook his head, he didn't want to fight with this kid anymore. Zoan is still young and immature, he may be talented but he's still a child.

"Is this the place? Can we enter it?"

Christopher asked, he didn't have time to talk with the child. He proceeded walking talking about the passage.

"Tch, follow me."

Zoan kicked his tongue and answered him.

"Just to make sure, this is not a competition right?"

Zoan glared and shook his head with a big annoyance. He wanted to punch this man, he didn't know but Christopher tickled him the wrong way.

"No it's not."

Zoan said. He held the lantern strongly, he was infuriated. He opened the door and entered the passage first. Christopher went after, the passage was newly built.  The Temple of Death was still coping with their new home, still, the citizens of Entei welcomed them warmly. They believed that since the Main Temple was staying here, the city will now have a protector. 

They were not scared of them, compared to the followers of Light who destroyed the Capital and killed many people, for them the Temple of Death was better, much better. 

They realized the dread of war when the soldiers of Rambaldon surrounded the city, they couldn't get outside. They stayed in the city, praying that nothing bad would happen to them. Thankfully, the Count protected them from the enemies. Count Mellwood's image strengthened in their minds. He was a hero in their hearts. 

Christopher and Zoan traversed inside the passage, Zoan was holding the lantern to light up their way. Christopher could actually see in the dark because of his gift but he decided to let it be. He didn't want to angry the child anymore.

They walked, they just walked, they didn't talk. Zoan didn't want to talk to him and Christopher knew that Zoan didn't want to talk to him. They were a bit awkward with each other… let's not lie, they hated each other, or maybe Zoan did. 

The passage was created for a simple reason, to use it as an emergency exit or use it to transfer or bring something in or out of Temple. Christopher looked at the wall, they were built fine despite building in the darkness. He knew that the reason why there were no lights or lanterns in the passage was because the followers of Death were used to move in the dark. 

7