Chapter 10: The queen
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow!" A girl exclaimed in awe. Her eyes were wide open, and her jaw dropped as she looked at someone in admiration. A similar thing had happened to everyone around her.

It was the main airport in City B. Everyone present there seemed to be captivated by that one person; they were unable to take their eyes off her.

A crowd gathered on both sides, and in the center stood the queen. She wore a long coat over black pants and a T-shirt, paired with leather boots. Her clothes were black as usual, dark just like her life. Her hair was tied in a ponytail with a few strands falling onto her shoulders.

Surprisingly her hair was blonde, and her eyes looked blue. She had changed her appearance so that no one could recognize her. 

Around her stood her team, looking cold and dangerous with their piercing eyes and dark aura. Aaron and Jane stood by her side; they both were discussing the plan.

Well, yeah, they practically never left her alone and kept her busy with work almost 24*7. But it was required cause, after all, they were planning to reestablish the most powerful organization. Levi was not there cause he had to take care of another issue related to the auction.

There were a few bodyguards this time because of Chris, who stood near Amy, clinging to her the whole time. Amy didn't hate that, but she told him to be strong enough to face such situations alone.

And in the corner stood Sam, looking nervous and scared. Amy brought him along cause Chris insisted so, although she didn't trust him at all. It was also a good chance for her to know his real motive and if he was loyal to her.

Sam was also one of those admirers. She looked completely different from before but still so pretty and alluring. He was now getting more and more curious about her. That cold face made his nervousness go away; it gave him a strange sense of warmth.

"Mam, we're good to go." Theo said as he approached them from a distance. He was on a phonecall all this time. "We have the location, and it isn't too far away from here."

"Separate." Amy ordered, her eyes cold, and her face emotionless. That one word for enough for them to understand her intention. Without any question, the guards separated from them. 

The eldest guard came forward and picked Chris in his arms. 

"Let's go, young master." He said with a smile, for he knew what was coming next. 

"Noooo!!" Chris groaned in frustration as the guards carried him away from her. 

He stared at Amy with his puppy eyes as he pouted cutely. Amy didn't even look at him once. She kept her cold facade on just as anyone had expected. His shoulders drooped as he saw her, making the guars chuckle at his cuteness. He wasn't scared of her as anyone else would be, but just a little saddened to her like that.

For safety, Chris needed to be kept away from all those gangs that Amy was going to deal with. 

Sam was also taken with them and was also ordered to take care of Chris.

"Let's go." Amy said and started walking towards the other exit. The air from outside made her blonde hair and coat fly backward. 

The people around them were able to see her beautiful face and sleek figure clearly now. Everyone standing there could predict that she was a dangerous woman from her cold eyes and dark aura. But there was something about her that captivated them. They kept staring at that mysterious girl until she faded into the distance.

"How long?" Amy asked as she sat in the car, followed by others. Her sentences were short, as always.

"30 minutes, mam." Theo said, and he started driving. 

"Amy, are you sure about this?" Jane asked as she pointed towards her hair. Amy tilted her head and gave Jane a weird look.

"I know there was a lot of crowd at the airport, but they wouldn't recognize you this way." Jane explained. She was referring to Mr. J and that gang leader.

After the incident 6 years ago, Amy kept her hair blonde and wore green lenses so that no one could recognize her. It was only just recently that she changed back to her original appearance.

Amy nodded and tied her hair up. She had dyed her brown hair to blonde six years ago; one couldn't predict when Amy had to pretend again. So, now Amy had to wear a wig. She wore the brown hair wig and removed the green lenses. 

And there she was, Summer Astley, looking all elegant and soft. She didn't look like the cold and heartless Amy, they knew. It was a fact that Amy was crueler.

The car stopped after a long time, and they got off. They stood in front of an old car factory. It had closed down a long time ago and was all ruins.

"Is this how gang bases look nowadays?" Jane said and the other two scoffed. 

"It's pretty good, away from the city and abandoned. No one would suspect a thing." Aaron said as he looked at the rusted cars nearby.

"Where are they?" Amy asked and was getting impatient. 

"One sec." Theo said as he checked the location given by the gang leader again.

"That guy's dead." Jane whispered to Aaron. 

"He dared go against her. If he just ran for his life, she would have spared him, but he was planned to expose us." Aaron said and sided with Amy.

"Too bad he went to the wrong guys." Theo added and started guiding Amy. 

"Too good he didn't go to the Scotts." Jane said, and Aaron stared at her. 

"You know, right? The world doesn't know about this rivalry." He told her and started walking behind them. Jane nodded and was quite relieved that Amy didn't hear her. 

Although she didn't show, Amy was a little stressed about this situation, and thus nothing else mattered to her at that point.

*

"I'm telling you!" Mr. J said as he stood in front of the gang leader. "They're planning to take over the underworld. She even claimed to be Summer Astley." He was looking anxious as if his death was coming any time soon, face covered with sweat and eyes unfocused.

Mr. J was one of the 'richest' businessmen among the ones that Amy had kidnapped. As they say, money gives birth to the ego. The same was his case; he was so overconfident that he neglected Amy's warning. He assumed that he could get away from her once he got her trust. Oh, that fool was going to get some shock now.

"I told you I'm not in the mood to listen to you." The gang leader, Mathew, said as he stretched his neck a little.  

Mathew was the leader of the wolf gang. Although his parents did give him that name, it was rarely used. People mostly addressed him with Boss. He was known to be cruel, and the name of the gang was apt for him. He had always acted the gang trades with Y organization, and thus, he owed them a lot.  

Mathew was clearly playing with Mr. J to buy some time from him, but Mr. J just didn't get the hint. This made the other gang members laugh at him.

"WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?" Mr. J lost his temper. "HELP ME! SAVE ME FROM THIS MESS!!" He shouted and started waving his arms in the air angrily.

"Why don't you understand fool?" Mathew said as he finally looked at him. He stepped forwards and pinched his chin. "You're going against the tigress; you think she'll let you go so easily?" His dark and heartless eyes gave him goosebumps.

The next thing he knew, there was the familiar sound of heels clicking that echoed in that large area. He fell on his knees as he realized what was happening. Mathew smiled as he saw him in that miserable state. 

"Should have listened to her?" He said sarcastically with a nasty smile spread over his face. He walked past him, towards Amy.

"Nice to meet you again, princess." He said in a loving tone as he expended his hand towards Amy. Seeing him talk in that manner left all the gang members shocked.

Amy didn't shake his hand. She just stared at him without saying anything.

"Amy!" He said as if he just recognized her and smiled a little. 

"Been a long time, huh? I didn't recognize you." He asked her. She tilted head and stared at him, giving him a weird look. 

"I...I got it..." He said and kinda panicked. "You're never gonna change, are you? Still not speaking much." He joked.

"Not until you're in the underworld." She replied, and Mathew chucked cause that wasn't ever going to happen. They seemed familiar with each other. He knew her grandpa and thus had met a few times when she was a child. 

"Get to work." Amy ordered and walked past him. 

The gang members were shocked to see someone order around their Boss, a person everyone feared. They could also sense that this girl was not someone 'common'. Her aura was horrifying, and those dead eyes of hers terrified them.

Mathew chucked a little cause she was still the same. She didn't talk much and just wanted to get her job done. 

"He's all yours." He said and left the warehouse, followed by all of his people. Amy started walking toward Mr. J, an evil smile formed on her face.

0