Chapter 6
132 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
More medical stuff

Chapter 6

 

When the tears finally stopped, Violet sort of in shock & Naira smiling in relief that first indications Violet would still be able to walk, she left her side and prepared a morphine administration device, before returning to Violet’s bedside.

“Now Vee, I know morphine’s never really worked on you for some reason, but this is the best I can do as we need you to be clear of it in a couple of days. This’ll take the edge of the discomfort from the grafts healing, though they’ll still ache. I’m afraid I’ll have to keep you restrained for now, we cannot risk you jolting the connections. Also the dosage should be high enough to keep you from being too aware of the extra parts.” Violet nodded “what I can feel already is beyond Weird to be honest, I’m trying not to focus on anything but your lips”

Naira smirked slightly “just my lips? Violet I believe you’re neglecting your Professional duties!” 

Violet simply rolled her eyes “I’m on sick leave” moving her head to shake it caused her to wince “now lets try those drugs hey?”
Naira’s expression quickly fell “oh shit, of course!” as she hurriedly connected the morphine to the IV tap still in Violet’s right arm “now this shouldn’t take long to work” a couple of minutes after saying that Violet’s eyes glazed over and she returned to slumber

 

For Violet the next 48 hours were a blur of barely focused moments of morphine-induced stupor, with the barest feeling that things were definitely changed on her body, but not in a way she could connect to anything she’d experienced with surgeries she’d had previously. 

For Naira however they were an almost frantic mixture of time spent working at her computers, to time spent within the latest generation near total immersion virtual reality headset, checking how the attachments were healing, to passing out exhausted in a chair next to the bed Violet lay on. The only different point was when Violet suddenly started mumbling a name as she dozed, Naira knew the name of course, and each uttering tugged at her heart to hear.

 

Eventually though Naira was happy that the implanted connections had healed sufficiently that Violet could risk being awake and aware enough to clear her system ready to enter into the BrainSuite and begin the task of learning how to control her new appendages

Eventually Naira brought a workstation over to next to the bed, just as Violet started to regain awareness.

As her eyes once again fluttered open in the already darkened room Violet asked “how long have I been floating?”
“Floating?” asked Naira “yeah, between aware and asleep” was her answer “how do you feel?”

“Like I’ve been tied in a pretzel and ran over” groaned Violet “what comes next?”
Naira checked the fusions on Violet’s ears, before replying “well we have to wait a few hours for the morphine to completely flush from your system. I’ve set an IV drip to hydrate you as you’re massively dehydrated, I’ll renew that before we enter the BrainSuite via VR..have you tried Virtual Reality recently?” At the mention of virtual reality or VR Violet gave a worried grimace “no” came her quiet reply “I’ve Never tried it. Before the accident I was worried with my eyes sensitivity, and afterwards, well, just never saw the point” she sighed

“Yeah” said Naira thoughtfully “even the latest that the BrainSuite uses is quite bright at the start, I’m sorry I can’t stop it doing that” “at least you’ve warned me” said Violet “I can at least brace for impact”

Naira smiled before trying to hide a huge yawn behind her hand “how much sleep have you had since I got here?” Violet enquired of her “I’ve snatched a some….” Naira answered, earning a glare from Violet “Right, you go get some Sleep then! I’ll be ok here till you wake up, I can zone out, and I’ll shout if things get too much” she Ordered. Naira looked guilty and about to argue before another yawn interrupted her. “Now!”

As Naira dozed Violet seemed to zone out slightly over the next 4 hours, retreating into her own mind as the time ticked away, before indescribable sensations and discomfort started to mount and grow from the fusion locations, she was able to withstand another hour before quietly crying out to Naira who was asleep on the waiting area’s sofa. On her second cry Naira bolted up from the sofa and came running next to Violet “what’s wrong Vee, does it hurt?”

“I’m sorry Naira, it doesn’t hurt it’s just, I can’t put it to words!” Violet replied, tears rolling down her cheeks “it’s overwhelming”

“It’s ok Vee, I’m guessing that means the morphine's worn off” Naira said whilst checking her pulse on the monitors, and her pupil response with a small flashlight, it’s brightness causing Violet to flinch away from it as much as possible with a ‘hiss’ sound “well your pulse is back to normal, and your pupils are reacting normally. Or as normal as they do for you anyway!” Still blinking her eyes Violet stuck her tongue out at Naira, who smiled before gesturing to the workstation beside the bed
“Shall we make a start on your brain?”

5