Ch6: It is not the end
4.1k 7 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is not the end

In some room, Heaven

Long hallways on all sides, all carved in dazzling gold and a warm white sky through the windows. It was a quiet, relaxing place, except for the sound of sandals, they sounded a lot due to the echo of the corridors, from the rushing sound of these you could know that whoever wears them was running as if their life depended on it.

After a silhouette of its owner appeared, it was a little girl, but from a distance, you could tell that she was not a human in any way, she had long wings on her back, her short hair was a light blue color, and in case that was not too much also her body was transparent, it was not that they were missing or something like that, you could just see a through her body, literally, like a glass, a glass with blue color. Just as she passed my stop suddenly and with a smile she spoke to me.

" Wait a minute!"
"Cesar!? seriously!? are you?"
"I didn't think it could happen in such a short time! I'm sorry to see you here again" she told me surprised.

It was Momo, an angel who helped me on the day of my accident,a very kind but shy person.

"Hi!"I greeted her trying to sound like it wasn't a big deal.
"It's been a long time, It seems that now it was my turn for real, I just didn't think it would be that way"
"By the way, you never told me exactly what your position is as Angel"

"I'm the captain of supply team 7"
"Only right now I came to welcome you, but it was so early that I didn't have time to get anything ready for you"

"Yes, don't worry about that, instead right now I have no idea where I am" I sincerely told her.
"Pedro let me pass even though he was quite confused,  but despite me asking for the address I  am still lost, do you know where Avesta 7 is or at least where is the nearest transport center?"

"Are you going to your retirement home?"
"Just turn right near the motorcycle market and there is a straight line to terminal 4 of transport, you take a spaceship to Avesta, and then you just get on the party transport bus"
"It leaves you right in the port of your island, take it before 5 in the afternoon, after that it is always full and it is difficult to get a seat".

"Wait, how do you know exactly how to get to my house?  And why is there direct transportation to it?"

"AAHH !!!" She was scared.
"It was supposed to be secret"

"Can not be!!!"
"Is it something from my father's doing right!? What has he been up to now !?"

"He is quite a celebrity now" she said.

"You know forget it, I'll deal with it later, I have something to do before I check how much money he has spent."
"Is Miguel available? I have to talk to him, it's important."

"In fact right now he is in an emergency meeting with the important people, there is even THE BOSS".
"No one is allowed through"

but then just when she was still talking, a bell rang, it was her telephone, from the tone that rang I could think that it was something important.

"Wait a minute".
"!!!".
"Yes sir!!!".
"I just got a message Is HE".
"Is waiting for you in the great room I'm going to take you to the door ..."

"You don't have to be working right now?" I asked her again.

"Please don't tell anyone that you saw me".
"Without wanting to, I broke Miguel's favorite window while fixing a roof leak" begged the little glass angel to me.

After walking for a long time I realized that the corridors we were walking through were readjusting, changing direction, it seemed that they were adjusting to where we had to go, but at the same time, they were as stable as the mainland on Earth, if it wasn't because you can see how close you can see the clouds through the window. After that and walking for a short moment I could see how a large construction, on an island, was coming right towards the end of the corridor, and without making the slightest noise, it was docked. I had not seen anything like this the first time I was here when I came that time I was only in an information center quite similar to the one they use in the military, the typical dark room with a lot of computers and operators everywhere.

rBgk4b1.png

When we finally got to the door of the building, Momo stopped suddenly, she was shaking, no doubt with fear, if I had broken that window I would be too, because it was huge, maybe about several hundred meters. And for worse it was Miguel's pride, he built it himself in his free time, it was his best work to date, so it was no small thing. And with all this information in her head, she said goodbye and left as fast as she came the other way. After a moment to get some courage for myself I walked through the huge door, which to my surprise lightweight quite little for its big size.

So this is the Great Room.

It was of enormous size, but its general structure is like that of a church, in fact, it is almost identical to St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. But I don't think that one has the ability to fly or measure maybe three times as large. There were also several rows of benches, all perfectly aligned and beautiful, they were like each one was its own work of art and despite all having different designs, they also had certain similarities between them, so everything was beautiful to behold.

Near the back of the church, there was someone else sitting, looking straight ahead, I could only see his back, but it was huge because from the great distance between him and me, he was still big from a far. He was wearing a big heavy durable gold-plated armor, beautifully decorated all over, he also wore a helmet so I couldn't even see the color of his hair

"Hello there. How are you?"

That voice resounded with power and greatness It was heard throughout the room, loud and clear despite the great distance. But at the same time with mercy, It was clearly the voice of the one in the room with me I didn't have the ability to take even one more step to get closer to who was there.

"Everything good enough now I think" I said calmly.

"I think you already know why you are here" The majestic voice sounded again.

"I have failed to complete my goal"

It's strange, I should feel confused and scared, but I'm still calm.  More than anything it is because in part I already knew about this place. A couple of clues that something like that existed, like angels for example.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"What is not obvious?"
"Well, you can say that I am THE BOSS of everything".

THE BOSS:
"I think you would know how this would go."
"Normally a trial where all the good and bad things you have done throughout your life would be debated, but the truth is that right now the situation has changed a lot in a very short time. Besides that you are already a great exception, but even though you are a great guest of honor. The best thing will be to speak much more personally, like old friends talking to each other. After all, we finally meet face to face."

"Too long has passed. Too many things" I told him.
"We never met directly"

THE BOSS:
"You did the right thing that time"

"It's the same thing that I repeat to myself but I don't feel the same".
"It was just too much. It was too much for anyone" I told him as I sat on one of the benches that I had near me.
"They have been waiting for me for a long time, I managed to keep a promise as far as I could. Now It's my turn to rest"

THE BOSS:
"Is there anything you regret?"

"I've done it almost all this time. I don't want to keep fighting like this anymore. I just can't go on with this anymore."
"If things had been different"

THE BOSS:
"What do you think of what you found. Doesn't it seem so out of place for humans to find her again?"

He was right Even though I was fighting about it, I forgot!
There was an important detail !!

"What were those scientists doing with Nanami's body?"
"Nothing was supposed to be left of that place!"
"Less finding her body in perfect condition!" 
"After what she did, you pay her like this!?"

THE BOSS:
"I'm sorry".
"The truth is that we have another "situation" quite worrying. It happened so fast that we are still making the plan, I think you already have an idea of ​​what is happening. The humans not only found Nanami's body but also how well the Codex and if that weren't enough, one of our my best agents, Lisa, have not reported for a while".
"The truth is that right now I need help and I think you need mine too".

"I would do everything for Maria and for Nanami. But there are no second chances ... There is no way to fix these things."

THE BOSS:
"And if things had been different, would you have done it?"

"I would have tried at least"

THE BOSS:
"The truth is that if you missed an opportunity".
"Can always be fixed with a new one".

"What do you mean!?" that surprised me.

THE BOSS:
"You said it yourself: You want to change things and help that poor girl victim of circumstances. As I said, I need help from one of the best in the work I know."

THE BOSS? Asking for help? Once again?

"But you are not able to do things at your will?"

THE BOSS:
"Yes, but at the same time I cannot intervene if it is the same if the man is who does his will.  After all they are the ones who shape their own destiny".
"Although that does not mean that I will not do anything. Nothing prevents putting the right person, In the right place, At the right time. I suspect that maybe something is moving everything from the shadows It may just be me overthinking it, but don't take risks".
"Not with the Codex".
"But of course not anyone could do something like that?"
"Only someone who has experience in high-level fights. Someone capable of fighting Dragons!"
"Even better!!"
"A True Dragon that hunted other dragons. With something that can even defend against the wrath of a God! and also that already know firsthand how it works and the cost of using the Codex would help a lot. And ifhe are committed to not using it for the same reason, unless necessary, it would be perfect."
"I would definitely be the right person".

"Those are very specific requirements without a doubt" I mentioned him sarcastically knowing that he was referring to me.

THE BOSS:
"This time you will be working directly for me, I will help you with what I can. Dragons almost ended the world in a horrible way".
"What would happen if another similar threat appears because of the Codex?"
"Because otherwise, nothing will stop them from doing what they want. That they end everything as they have done before, we must not allow it!"
"You were there the last time".
"You know better than anyone what can happen and the most important!"
"You know how to face them; The only human survivor who knows of Operation Seventh."
"In exchange for helping I will give you one of the biggest exceptions I can make."
"The right to return."

"WHAT??"
"RETURN??"I said completely open-mouthed, in fact, it was so much that I even jumped up and stood up as I spoke.
"That's possible?"

THE BOSS:
"Work won't be easy".
"They will be quite demanding".
"If the arrogant Atlantes ended up with their own people just by knowing that they existed, what could not happen?. Innocent people depend on you but trust that you will".
"Your mission is to protect the codex permanently".
"Don't let anybody have it, NOBODY".
"NOT EVEN THE ANGELS THEMSELVES".
"We will be in charge of investigating what happened so that humans would have the code again. Apart from that just follow what you think is correct, don't let anything stop you from fighting for what you want".

I think it is not necessary to think much about this.
For the promise to Nanami, Rose, and the White knight that I would finish everything. I should come back ... One more time ... Maybe one last time ... But above all they.
More than anything in the world, I want to do it for my sister.
Accept gives me the chance to see her again. To help her with her health problem is more than enough reason to say yes.
Besides, what could I lose now?
But if I go back I will not make the mistakes of the past.
I will not do the same again.
I do not want more sacrifices from close people.
No more tears and goodbyes.
No more secrets and lies.
No more despair and overwhelm.

"Agree" I answered simply.
"I accept the job".

THE BOSS:
"I knew you'd say that".
"The truth was that was the answer I expected".
"Thank you".
"I'll do my best to make it go well this time".
"Maybe we'll even fix some of the mistakes from the past".
"You Parts right now, from now on you will be with the Valkyries. You will be in charge of the 10th special operations squad that is formed at this time. your mission: to protect the codex from all threats".
"Cesar, The True Dragon of War I assigned you as the guardian of the Codex".
"Now don't be surprised by what will happen to you. After all This time it will be permanent so you better get used to it. You already lived it once, in fact, I think being part of the Valkyries will suit you too don't you shouldn't agree."

Right after that, a strange pattern appeared right below me, it was glowing with blue light, and making a strange sound. What is this for?

"What do you mean by Valkyries and permanent?"
"What do you mean by that !?"
"Aren't the Valkyries all women?"
"Is that a hole in the ground!?"
"!!!"
"AAAHHH!!".

85