Ch11: The End Of The War Part 1
2.5k 3 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The End Of The War Part 1

Vienna, Austria

From what I had heard before, I wondered what my mission would be this time, because now I was so much that this was just a trap for someone else. But then, answering my doubts, the radio began to speak.

"This is War Lady"
"The mission this time is to investigate a strange building near this place.
"Just report what you find inside"
"It is probably well defended, so be prepared" Today is speaking in a sad way, it is surely because of what I have heard before.

I think it would be a good idea to continue playing their game for a moment while I figure out where I am and how to escape.

What is in there? It even looks like an installation of the I.S.C., because the walls and the machines have their designs, it was a large building with several floors. But it had one peculiarity, right on the first floor there was an access to a subway station, nothing out of the ordinary at first glance, but a bomb had dropped at some point near a wall that revealed access to a long corridor, with the same design as the I.S.C. use. it seemed like a promising place to hide, so I decided to go inside and see what was inside that could help me.

Inside was clearly a large room used for something. But like most of the rest of the city, it was destroyed: broken glass everywhere, messy tables and chairs, several pieces of walls on the floor, there was evidence that there had been several large computers, in addition to several computers that formed a pile that had come out of a fire. It was suspicious, because who would start burning computers when an army was attacking the city, unless it was important information that needed to be destroyed at all costs.

Did they take whatever was here and move it somewhere else?
Or maybe when they saw the Alliance approaching, they decided to dismantle everything?

Walking around I found a file with some information on a table, the folder it was in was a very conspicuous red color, it seemed out of place, as if it had been left behind on purpose for someone else to read, and it was even stranger after reading it a bit.

It talked about the progress of something called Project 13. Said things about how a previous test prototype had been badly damaged after being turned on for the eighth time due to problems with the power source, and how the next prototype needed to have lower consumption and a better power supply. Then it talked about how the new model was quite efficient and was starting to be used in manned tests, then said something about how the ramp that gave access to it had broken due to the weight of the equipment that went through it, especially combat vehicles. All of this seemed like a stupid waste of time, but just before I put that behind me and started working again, they started talking about how for the next model they had thought of improving the rune system, in addition to giving it an exit feature that would not require the teleporting machine, but would send people on a one-way trip. This would be perfect for moving invading troops unexpectedly. Also, the person who wrote the report was suspiciously named Dylan.

That set off all the alarms in my head. Well, it sounded exactly like the teleportation machine the Angels use and the dragons first appeared with. But how did they manage to find the runes and energy needed for such a thing? Is humanity really capable of recreating such an instrument without guidance? And if they had such a thing, why didn't they use it earlier in the war? All they would have to do is take a few teams of soldiers to the enemy's capital and everything would be over. Although the fact that we are about to defeat them and that this place is deserted means that maybe this idea has been discarded, or it was too late to change the war now.

Then I noticed that there was an exit to another room nearby, so in an attempt to get more answers, I went through it.

It all seemed to be a lie. How was it possible that they had recreated a machine like that other one?

It was a large metal structure, in a flattened circular shape, on the edges it had several symbols that I did not know, but the inside of the circle was impossible to confuse, it was like seeing the surface of the water. It was easier to explain it as seeing a circular pool, only that it was perpendicular to the ground. Surely it was the machine that the documents said it was, and no doubt it was not a portal that angels normally used. The strange thing was not only that the humans had somehow managed to rebuild one of these without help, but that it was fully functional. It was running at full power right now, and it was unguarded.

R5gi3wl.png

This is a great coincidence

And maybe it's my golden opportunity!

If it's able to transport me when I cross, even if I put myself to sleep, at least I'll be in another place far away from here. And the effects of the sedative will wear off before they find me. Giving me a chance to get away from it all.

But crossing it is a leap of faith.

Just as it can leave me in a city or a forest, it can leave me in the middle of the ocean where I end up drowning.

Not to mention that there might be more security measures to prevent my escape, maybe like I need to take some medicine to keep me alive. Nanami didn't need any of that, she was like everyone else, except for the ears and the tail. But I can't take anything for granted anymore.

But now that I remember!

If all the information about me is in this post here in the middle of the war, just like that lady said. I could go and see if I need something like that or even be able to disable them!
But I have to go before they destroy it, if they haven't already.

This was all a double bet.

I could very well jump through this device right now and die for lack of any medication I need to take, or I could go back to this base, find out if I need anything, and not be able to make my escape by falling asleep again.

And even if the second goes well, I could still walk over and fall in the middle of the ocean, only to drown while I'm asleep.

It is not an easy decision at all, but I have to make one. If I refuse this opportunity, I will be destroyed as planned.

The best thing is not to take any risks, what I should do is to go to that base and return as soon as possible. After all, I have these adrenaline injections for a reason.

I better get going.

As I was leaving the subway, the radio I was carrying started making noise again.

"What's she doing?" said the girl on the radio.
"She's going back the way she came without an order."
"Is that what you meant when you said she might act strange?" But this time the transmission was strange, it sounded like she didn't know she had left the microphone on.
"This is War Lady."
"Go back and investigate the building, that's an order!" She said to me.

I decided to finally act on my own, I let her keep talking while I continued on my way to the surface.

"Valkyria is showing unusual signs!" The radio was still on.
"She's not responding to the mission's commands."
"She's even moving away from the assigned area."
"What should I do, ma'am?"

"Hell, this is what I was afraid of," another voice, also from another woman, the same one who spoke while he was sleeping.
"We can't risk what she has planned."
"Put her to sleep now.

Well, it's time to do things quickly. After hearing the conversation between them on the radio, I was alerted to the activation of the sedative. So I summoned my sword Avalon to have the stimulant injections at hand and applied one immediately, just before I felt the throb of the necklace a moment later.

It made me a little sleepy, but at least it didn't put me to sleep right away, so they're working. But I only have 3 left and I don't know how long they will delay my sleep. I have to walk, NOW!

Leaving the station, I walked towards a park that was in front of it, it was quite large and even had a river near it, apparently this area had already been cleared of enemies, there were corpses and Alliance soldiers moving towards the east. I began to examine the bodies of the Alliance soldiers, trying to find information about the location of the alleged base where they were watching me. I also took an assault rifle and a bag of ammo from one, and several grenades from another that was also nearby. But I did not find any information about the place.

Just as I was beginning to wonder what to do next, the radio spoke again.

"I've already found the location of Valkyria!" It was War Lady.
"A soldier found a girl with white hair in the city park of Vienna.
"She is seven hundred meters north of the observation point!"
"We have to do something"

This information just saved me, I just had to run to get there. So I started running just south to get there as soon as possible.

"She's going there, no doubt she's doing something!" she added.

"We have no choice, give the order to evacuate the place and send someone to stop her," replied the other woman, who seemed to be her superior.
"I have an idea too, but I need you to get on the helicopter now!"
"And take the sedatives and the gun with you Xi'an!"

Although I was running through a battlefield, this sector was quite quiet because there were no enemy soldiers to be seen. So I was able to move quickly and easily. Looking for the place, I realized that I was heading towards a palace, the Lower Belvedere. It seems that they have decided to put him inside the place, so I enter the place prepared for the worst, because I do not think they will let anyone in.

As soon as I entered through a window, two soldiers immediately saw me and started shooting at me without hesitation. It's good to see that the Alliance doesn't take anything for granted, but I'm no slouch myself, so I returned the favor and started shooting as well. But I'm not here to destroy the place, my goal is to find a computer where I can get the information about the security measures and get out of here.

In the middle of the shooting started. I managed to enter a room where several computers were turned on, but just as I could hear a lot of footsteps, a large group of soldiers approached. So I thought it would be better to take the lead and throw a grenade down the hallway they were coming from. I only got to hear someone's warning and then the explosion accompanied it, I don't know how many it ended up with, but it bought me some time so I turned back towards the room. But just as I was turning, I saw an object flying towards my face. It was a short knife, without much time to react I put my arms in front of me. I received a wound in my left arm.

"That was a good reaction, Elise," a girl's voice said, quite excited.
"But this time I will kill you!"

Hearing that name again surprised me. For it had been years since I had heard it. And the truth is that only angels should know it, but after I realized who the person talking to me was, I understood a little bit what she was referring to.

She was a young girl, quite well endowed, and her hair was black as night. But as strange as the body I now had. Well, she had big wings on her back, it was like seeing an angel, but unlike the ones I knew, the color of her wings was black, in addition to the fact that she wore armor of the same color. She was also equipped with a blood-red scythe and an old flintlock pistol.

Knowing the policy that angels do not like to wear black, I was left with only one possibility about the girl's identity. She was a fallen angel, an angel with such a corrupt mind that she was banished from heaven.

Clearly not the type of person I would ever want to meet. But what did I do to deserve the attack of a fallen angel? nothing came to mind for her to attack me. Whoever she is, I don't have time to think about it, I have to defeat her or at least lose to her.

She raised her scythe against me, but in a strange way, it seemed like she was hurt. It was then that I noticed that she was injured in her abdomen. She was still bleeding, but far from showing that it hurt, she was smiling as if she was enjoying it. Seeing that her left side was slowly moving, I decided to attack there, so I attacked her with the knife from before.

"AAAAHHH!!"
"Not again!"
"I can't fall for that again!" the dark angel shouted as she received the blow on the other side of her body.

Immediately after that, she raised her hand with the gun and pointed it at me, so I took cover behind a desk. But to my surprise, she did not shoot at me, but at a soldier who had just entered the room and whom I had neither seen nor heard.

"This is between her and me! " she yelled at her victim.

No doubt she is here for me, for something I may have done to her, but I don't remember seeing a dark angel until today, so I have no idea what she wants.

"AAAHH!" she exclaimed again.
"Seriously?"
"Even here and now you are able to face me?"
"No"
"It must be because I have been hurt before"
"I will have to try at another time!"
"The next time, you will not be able to defeat me!"
"In the end, I will be able to avenge him!"

After talking to him, she now looked quite damaged, and the blood she was losing was alarming. Seeing that this encounter would not end well for her, she decided to look for something in her clothes.

It was a grenade!
Get down!!!

67