Ch24: Home Sweet Home
1.3k 0 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Home Sweet Home

After a pleasant time at the coffee shop, it was time to leave. My mother, realizing that we had nowhere to go, did not take a second to tell me to go sleep at her house, in fact I think she would have insisted on it even if I really had a place to stay. Apparently the house was only a block away, so it was only a few minutes walk, and even though I try to talk about a lot of things that have happened so as not to overwhelm her, the level of crazy things never goes down. The truth is, I still don't think she fully believes what we tell her.

"This is all so ridiculous"
"Do you really expect me to believe all this?"
"That she really is a goddess?" My mother asked.

"That's right"
"I can do whatever I want with the moon"
"Would you like to see a total eclipse tomorrow?"

"No thanks," I tried to stop her.
"I don't want to throw the world into chaos!"
"And who knows how the scientists will be when they see that the moon suddenly starts to move".

"Well, here it is, I present our new home here in Japan," Mom said as she pointed to the house in front of us.

It was a slightly bigger house even compared to the old one we had back in our country, and by Japanese standards, it had to be a mansion. It had two floors with a garage and even a good-sized garden, which the other thing didn't have. It wasn't supposed to be cheap, you could tell just by looking at it.

"What do you think?"
"Very pretty right!"
"It cost me a lot to get a nice house near the cafe"
"I wanted to be able to get there and back by just walking.
"So when I discovered that there was a public building being used for shady private purposes,"
"I made the proper negotiations and tore it down to make this one!"
"Even the neighbors are happy with what I have done.

"Wait, did you just say that you destroyed a public building to build your house?"
"Is that legal?"

"It is if you talk and convince those in charge, they owed me some favors so I thought about reminding them of the times to help them and if they could help me if we wanted to continue on good terms".

"Wait, the government owed you favors, so they gave you this?"
"What are you working on now?"
"You're no longer in charge of foreign relations for that law firm, are you?"

"Isn't this house too big for one person?" Tama asked.

"Well, the truth is that I thought the same, but I needed some space for what I'm planning to do, and now that you're here, it's a decision I'm glad to have made, but let's talk about it inside".
"Come in, this is your house too now".

T

The inside of the house was what you would expect from the outside. It was also beautiful and modern, a spacious and well furnished room. But as I looked more closely, I began to notice some familiar things. There were the painted pictures that Uncle Jose made, the broken vases on the floor of our house, the small table that I broke. There were even the curtains that Maria had burned a corner of when she tried to do a magic trick. Everything was full of beautiful memories of the past, it was like being partially in my house, I had so much melancholy about this place that was new and at the same time no, it reminded me of so many good things from the past that I wanted to cry again.

"Did you really bring all this here?"
"It must have cost a lot to bring all this."

"Well, what I want to do, I think it will take me a long time, so I thought about bringing everything important with me. I didn't want to leave these things behind and let them gather dust".

"But go ahead and settle down, I'll prepare the bathroom for two first".

After Tamamo and I bathed, we put on the robes Urakaze gave us to sleep in. Well, the truth is that it's hard to find pajamas with room for foxtails here on Earth, so we spent some time explaining to Tama what television was and that she shouldn't be afraid of it. But our worries were for nothing because soon she was enjoying a superhero movie and eating popcorn. While my mother and I sat down to talk some more in the dining room

"It is like a dream, right now I have the goddess of the moon sitting in my living room, and on the other side is the one who claims to be my son, who was supposedly dead in the body of a pale fox girl and is trying to brush her tail".
"To make it even more ridiculous, they tell me that you got married only yesterday, when you had met only 24 hours before.
"But seeing that you even have the photos of the event"
"Wait a minute!"
"But what are you doing?"
"Are you using my hairbrush for your fox tail?"

"Yes?"
"Is that bad?"

"You know how much tail hair you leave there!"
"Besides, your hair is white, if I use it and they stay in mine, people will think I have gray hair!"

"Sorry!"
"Tama suggested that I do it, and she even left the brush nearby"

"You know what, forget it, I better get a new one tomorrow"

"I apologize for the trouble Tama caused you."
"She's been locked up for a thousand years, so she's not used to technology."

"This all surprises me." said my mother

"Well, now that we are in a private place, do you want to tell me what you did?"
"Besides, now I have the certainty that I have heard you before, it was during one of those missions as a weapon of the Alliance, right?"
" You were there, you were War Lady Boss"

"Well, a lot of things happened when you left without telling anyone.
"But I swear, if I had known that you were our Valkyria Project, I would never have put you through all this.
"This must be my fault.
"I couldn't even guess what it would have been like to be the person the I.S.C. used."
"No matter who it was, I did a terrible thing to give them permission to do that."
"Besides, you ended up in the Battle of Norway because of my insistence on protecting the lab at all costs."
"Everything that has happened is my fault!"

"Please let it go"
"What happened was something I did to myself.
"I joined the army and hid it from you.
"It was impossible for you to know that I would end up there, too.
"You only did what you could to keep the Alliance from losing the war.
"In the end, I was ultimately responsible for what happened to me."
"Better explain to me what you do now, what is your new job?"

"Now I am the coordinator of the Alliance High Command."

"What the hell?"
"Isn't that a very important position?"
"How are you in such a position? The war just ended, you should be in Vienna fixing the peace treaties or something complicated like that, what are you doing here?"

"Come on, the title is a very fancy way of saying that I just remind some people to call others or set up meetings with others, it's no big deal."
"I'm also here for family problems", but I'll let you know about them later, and my name won't even appear in the newspapers."
"No one will notice my absence.
"About how I got such a job there."
"After you left, but you kept sending money, I thought I could earn a little more, so I started taking on more important cases at the law firm, I met some people here and there."
"Some had a problem that needed another person, and I was an intermediary to fix things."
"Over time, more powerful people who paid more and also needed my services hired me to work with them."
"And with a little more time, his rivals."
"But instead of choosing a faction, I just decided to stay out of trouble and be neutral."
"I may have done that a little too well, because after the leaders of the Alliance got in contact with me, they wanted me to do the same as always, mediate and solve problems of the projects they had".
"Once again, I accepted because the pay was quite good and could finally cover your sister's medical expenses in full."
"Now that the war is finally over, my new job is still the same."
"I mediate and try to solve problems between the member governments of the Alliance."
""They have a lot of faith in me."
"But the truth is, I want to leave all that behind."
"The only thing I have not given up yet is because I still need my job for what I have to do here."
"In fact, right now I am fulfilling my dream of having my own coffee shop."
"Although for now I have it as a side job and as something to entertain myself."

"Have you been involved in any other shady secret projects like mine?"

"No, yours was the only one I worked for, it wasn't that I liked it either, but some people in important positions are very excited about it and wanted me to personally supervise it".
"When I decided to finish the project, I knew that they might take action against me, so I decided to take them "out of the game" before they took me out.
"Now he is just a worker in a mine in Botswana in southern Africa.
"All the other projects were normal things, new models of tanks, airplanes, an anti-aircraft missile, things like that.
"But I have no power over what the I.S.C. does.
"I'm only taking care of your project because they failed to fulfill their contract."
"So I have no idea what else they might have done.

"I apologize for interrupting your conversation.
"But I would like to go to sleep, but I have no idea where to go," Tama, who had been quiet all this time, finally spoke.

"She's right!"
"Look at the time!"
"I think it would be better to go to sleep"
"We'll talk more tomorrow with more time"
"I'll take you both to an empty room."

After that she took us to one of the rooms upstairs, it was one that was literally empty. There were just a couple of windows facing the street and a smaller one on one side.

"This will be the room for you two"
"Sorry it's not furnished yet"
"I just never thought I would need a room so soon"
"The good thing is that I have several of those Japanese floor mattresses called futons, and they are very convenient for moments like this."
"Tomorrow I'll get them for both of you and a real bed".
"Cesar, come down for a moment and help me take them out.

I went down with her to a small closet that was in another room. But as I was going back, my mom stopped me for a moment and talked to me.

"According to what you told me, the two of you slept together yesterday."
"Also, I do not think that the way things are now, you might do something to regret later."
"But please remember that I also live in this house, and I would like to be able to sleep without noise from time to time."

"What do you mean by that?"
"I don't understand anything."

"I know a couple has their needs.
"But if you are both girls, it means you have more work than usual"
"Please remember that others want to sleep peacefully with no lewd noises every night, but I think it's okay from time to time."
"I won't say anything about what happens between you two in your room."

"Are you really talking about that!?"

"I'm not forbidding you anything"
"In fact, I'm proud that you finally found a girl for yourself and introduced her to me."
"I just want to tell you that I support you in your relationship, but please don't let it be every day."

"And I thought you wanted to talk about something important"

"But of course it is important!"
"It's important that you satisfy your partner!"
"Your younger brother has been married for three years"
"You have to recover and try to reach him!"

"You know it's impossible for me to have children with Tama, right? We're both girls"

"It's not about having children, it's about determination!"

"Stop it!"
"Please stop, don't make this more complicated"

Knowing that arguing with her would lead nowhere, I decided to withdraw. After putting in the futons, Tamamo and I fell asleep, tired of being woken up so late for two days in a row.

36