Ch27: Back To High School Part 1
1.2k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back To High School Part 1

February 6th
Family Home, Sumida City, Tokyo
8:10

The sound of the alarm woke me up. Looking around I see Tamamo with me, but from the noise coming from downstairs I can hear that she is trying to make breakfast again. I remembered last night's nightmare and how she tried to calm me down in her own way, but when I looked at the clock I realized that I was already late, so I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready as fast as I could, then went down the stairs as fast as I could. In the dining room, there were sandwiches for breakfast again, but due to the lack of time, I couldn't take a moment to enjoy them.

"Tama's eating breakfast fast," I tell her, almost choking on the food.
"We're going to be late!"
"We still have to change our clothes!"
"Classes start in 40 minutes!"

"If you knew you had to get up early, why didn't you set the alarm earlier?"
"And if you're from the army, shouldn't you get up earlier out of habit?" my mother told me as she sat down to finish her coffee and read the newspaper.

"I thought I had set the alarm for earlier, too, but it only rang recently".

"Okay, leaving that aside, I managed to get the uniforms yesterday, it was not easy to get them done in such a short time, but I managed it thanks to one of my employees".
"I hope the uniforms fit."
"Your excuse for showing up now at this time of the year is your "health" and the ridicule of your former colleagues".
"And also to start the next school year in good spirits."

"Okay, so you managed to create some fake identities, do the paperwork to get into a school, and get two uniforms in less than 24 hours."
"It's scary how fast you can get things done when you're motivated."

"In fact, while I was buying the new stove, I also got you a few other things."
"A tactical holster for the gun and some extra magazines. Aside from the ammunition, of course, they're over there on the table."

"I'd like to ask where you got that, I don't think they sell a stove and pistol ammo in the same place."

"It's for personal protection, of course it's super illegal to bring that into school."
"So don't take it out unless you absolutely have to."
"I don't want to have to go through stupid problems like some teacher saw you with it."
"And that would be the end of our little operation"

"You don't even have to say it.
"I'm going to hide it here with the coat, even I could forget that I have it at hand."
"Shit..."
"I can't hide it between the clothes."
"And the jacket does not cover it completely.
"As if that were not enough, the skirt has no room for it"
"People will notice that I have a fox tail when they see me"

"Oh dear, I forgot the tail"
"Give me the skirt, I'll fix it with scissors and a lighter"
"It's a simple task to make room for the tail to pass"
"I hope so"

With that, the little time we had left became even less due to the necessary clothing adjustments. And just as we were about to run from home to school, my mother stopped me again.

"Cesar"
"Wait!!"
"The food, you almost forgot!"
"It's for lunch"
"I made one for Tamamo too!"

"Is it also to avoid suspicion?" The goddess asked.

"It's just that preparing all this reminded me of the past when I had to go through this every morning until I realized I had your lunches ready".

"I hadn't thought about going through this again either," I said.
"But we have to go now because we are already late!"
"See you later."

After that we had to walk for almost 10 minutes without stopping until we arrived at the train station. Miraculously, we arrived with only a few minutes left to the school, Amari High School on Aoyama-Itchome, almost on the other side of the city. We introduced ourselves to the teachers. But according to what they told us, our teacher seemed to be late as well. So we decided to wait in the hall near the classroom.

Once there, Tamamo stared out the window and watched the other students arrive through the gate. I, for my part, paid attention to all the people, teachers and students. Something must be happening here, and I had to find out what it was.

"I know you are not used to many of the things you see here, but please try not to be surprised by the things you see." I told Tama as I adjusted my hat to hide the fox ears.
"If you need to use something you don't understand, wait for someone else to use it first."
"I think that works for almost everything."

"People talk a lot about us," she replied.

"Well, we're new here, plus you don't want to hide the animal parts."
"I'd be more surprised if they didn't."

But he hadn't finished speaking when it happened. From the stairs came a little girl, with straight black hair, her face almost the same as I remembered it. It was her, it was Maria, my little sister. More than 6 years have passed since I last saw her face, and without a doubt she has grown a lot, although she still looks the same as the Maria I remember. It seems that she has left her illness behind because she was in good condition. I was very happy to see her again, I wanted to embrace her and tell her all about her. But I have to avoid looking excited, I still can't tell her who I am.

I decided to tell Tama who my sister was so she could see her. To my surprise, Tama behaved well and she just looked very sneaky, she did nothing else and just looked at me with confidence. Right after the bell rang and all the students entered their classrooms, we stood outside waiting for the teacher.

After a while, the class finally started, but the bad thing was that we still had not introduced ourselves and there was already something strange.

It turned out that the teacher was someone I had seen before, a young woman with dark hair, quite pretty and wearing traditional Chinese clothing. As soon as she saw me, she was completely paralyzed with fear. I don't really blame her, the last time I saw her, I put a gun to her head so that I could escape from the Alliance army. She was War Lady, in charge of supervising me during missions. Surely neither of us expected to see the other here.

WSZtWOE.png

Seeing that she did not seem to react in the slightest, I made a greeting gesture to her, after which, seeing that I was here to do the same thing as her, she took a breath and resigned herself to the fact that we were both here for the same reason.When she entered the classroom, she acted as if we did not know each other and greeted her students. After chatting with them for a bit, we prepared for our entrance, because no doubt we were going to make a mess.

"Very good, and with that, I will introduce you to the new companions," Warlady speaks.
"As I have already explained, they have their circumstances, so I will not allow any comment about them!"
"Understood?"
"I'm speaking especially to you, Yamada!"

"More new students?"
"They don't come very often?"
"Even these days?" one of the students immediately began to complain.

"Yamada, shut up!"
"What did I just say?"
"The only ones who can answer that are them"
"And only if they want to"
"Nothing more"

What the hell is going on?

"All right, the first one is Tamamo," the teacher said.

Okay, there she goes. Please don't mess it up, don't say anything unnecessary or out of place, please have mercy on me at least.

"Hello
"My name is Tamamo.
"I was born here in Japan, but I spent most of my life abroad.
"So there are many things I don't know"
"I ask you to be patient with me."
"Thank you

"These are ears and tail?"
"Is it allowed to bring something like that here?"
"Is she crazy?"

"Shut up, Yamada"
"What did I just say?"
"That's why you'll have to take your lessons outside!"
"If you talk again, I will punish you even more by making you clean the whole classroom!"

"Due to medical problems, I have these"
"I won't talk about it anymore," Tama said.

Well, it seems that my concern was unfounded as it turns out that Tamamo can handle the situation better than I expected. If she could do it, then my part would be easy.

"Very good"
"Now the next one is Elise"
"Go ahead"

Alright. Here I go again, remember I am doing this for Maria, this is for her. The shame that will happen today will be momentary compared to the joy of having my sister back in the family. I just have to resist a little.

I walked from the hall to the front of the class to speak and introduce myself. All the students looked at me as if they had seen a ghost. Everyone was completely silent without saying anything. Even when Tama entered, the atmosphere was completely different.

"My name is Elise Valkyria."
"I'm also from abroad"
"From America"
"I may not speak the language well yet"
"So I apologize in advance for any misunderstanding"

Everyone was completely silent, no one said anything. I even looked at Maria to see what her face would have looked like. But everything seemed to indicate that apart from the usual curiosity of the new girl, nothing had happened. It seemed that the cap and the jacket around her waist had worked!

"Are you okay, darling?"

Tamamo was already taking her time to create an awkward situation.

"Did she tell her Darlirg?" Again the same student from the hallway.

I quickly began to imagine all the possible solutions and consequences of what I had said, as well as the reactions of my classmates. But the more I thought about it, the more I saw that it was only a matter of time before Tama would attack again. There was no way I could get out of it unscathed, because sooner or later the same thing would happen to her again. So I thought that since there was no remedy, the best thing to do would be to die a quick death by charging forward.

"I don't like rumors about me, so I'll make it clear right now that I'm starting here."
"Tamamo is my girlfriend, okay!"
"Yes, I like girls"
"I have nothing against men and I can be with them"
"But nothing will happen between me and them"
"I hope you respect that"
"We will also behave properly"
"And yes, I have the same problem as Tamamo"
"Any other questions?"

To no one's surprise, the entire class raised their hands in unison.

"Any questions not related to my albinism?"

They all lowered their hands at the same time. In a way, I knew this would happen.

A strong statement at the beginning avoids misunderstandings and leaves out the fool that might appear, but at the same time it was like putting out a house fire by throwing a bomb at it.

"Is that true?"
"Do you hate men?"

"What did I just say?"
"It's just my preferences, okay?"
"And you should be out in the hall!?"

"Yamada, shut up!"
"And you please calm down!"
"We have to continue the lesson!"
"We've already spent a lot of time on this," the teacher appeared, trying to bring order to the chaos I create when I talk.

Despite what I said, the class continued. But it was clear that everyone was waiting for the break to talk to me, it was only a matter of time. Their eyes are clearly on me, everyone is surely thinking about the order of the questions they are going to ask me.

Right now we are in a Japanese history class, it seems to be from before Tamamo's time. So she will be fine for now. I, on the other hand, have no idea. It's not that I was a bad student, it's just that I wasn't the best either, and I'm studying the history of a foreign country, in a different language, with confusing names that sound the same to me. Well, I hope my mom takes care of the notes, because otherwise I'll be in trouble.

Maria is sitting in her seat near the window, I am on the other side of the class near the hallway. I can't stare at her for too long, I warned Tama not to do that either. I told her to just act normal and talk about what she accidentally saw, if Maria is here as an agent, she must be suspicious of us. I would, you can never trust people who look so strange and just show up out of nowhere on such an inconvenient date as February. But for now, I'd better pay attention to the class, I don't want to screw up too much on the first day.

Wait, Tama has the book upside down and doesn't realize it? It is in Japanese. She should at least know that she's reading the book upside down.

31