Ch99: That Day Revenge And Hatred Were Sworn
561 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That Day Revenge And Hatred Were Sworn

It was already late at night, we had all finished eating but even so in the kitchen, there is a great noise. Tamamo and I are washing the pots and pans as best we can but it is almost a losing battle, it was almost easier to throw everything away and buy new ones. Tama was even using magic to wash them at full power in the tap and I was trying to fit them in their corresponding places. Although as you can imagine this is all her fault in trying to cook dinner, I was also scolded for not stopping her on time. As a result, here I am trying to dry dishes with one arm.  In the living room, you can also hear a lot of noise, there are only two people discussing a lot about issues that I really thought would be more serious for how furious they are. On one side of the ring is Momo the glass Angel, who is a meter and a half tall, average weight, and has a skinny build. On the other side of the battlefield, Lisa the crazy succubus, with the half meter of more than the first one lacks,  a beautiful and healthy body, along with her appearance of a true warrior. The battle between the two of them today is about who ate the last pudding left in the fridge, Momo's argument as a creature of peace is to demand justice because it is unfair that the dessert she was saving was eaten by someone else, she mentions that Lisa was the culprit as she saw her eating one on the stairs. Lisa for her part argues that the angels are hypocrites and that they lie constantly, the dessert that she was eating was her own in the first place and that there was no reason for Momo to throw it on the floor just out of envy. The discussion ended abruptly when my mother, tired of the discussion, put her hand near La Chancla. The powerful supernatural creatures felt a deadly chill, their survival instincts were telling them to stop immediately as they were facing a no survivor remaining situation. In the peace treaty Momo agreed to give Lisa pudding for moral damages and defamation, Lisa for her part did her best and gave her hand to her rival trying to pretend that the two were in agreement in the sight of my mother.  In the beginning, they fought a lot more, but when they realized why they spontaneously lost consciousness after, then it was when they began to work on their differences. 

When it was time to go to sleep, everyone went little by little to their rooms. My mother went to her room with a cup of coffee with milk, she always goes to bed late so she can watch her favorite soap opera, she did it every night, for as long as I can even remember. Maria went to her room and slammed the door, she does not want anyone to spy on her, it seems that she is working on something but I have no idea what, I hope she has learned the lesson and has nothing to do with magic again. I went to Kazumi and Charlotte's room, first I scold them because the day before they did not sleep because they were helping my sister in a video game because we had agreed that if they went to bed late they would have to take a nap because they were forbidden to be 24 hours without sleep, it was what we had agreed and we had to respect the rules. Then I said good night to them just when Tama came to do the same. Now there was only the final part, Tamamo, Momo, Lisa, and I had to find a way to fit my room with a single bed.  First, it was Lisa who kissed me spontaneously and ran to the closet without saying anything other than her strange way of laughing. As soon as she settled into her futon she slammed the sliding door shut, as soon as the door finished closing, Momo and Tamamo ran to put talismans and seals on the door as a "precaution". Even though Lisa was forbidden to do weird things at night, the three of us knew it was only a matter of time before she found a way to reverse my words. Once safely Tamamo she transformed into her version of a little fox so that everyone could fit in the bed, I held her and lifted her, and then lay down on the bed. Momo also lay down on it but on the side where the bed was against the wall.  Although it was a bit uncomfortable it was nice to be surrounded by them, well although Momo's body is quite cold for being made of glass at the same time she gets a normal temperature when sleeping next to me. When that moment comes it is a moment where I can enjoy comfort and sleep. 

 
 

....

 
 
....
 
 
....
 
 
....
 
The Scarlet Spear group from the front sent a messenger, stating that they needed reinforcements on the lower floor to secure the area around Ulana Castle. Immediately all of us in the fortress was called to combat, but they all left in no particular order, each one ran as soon as he finished preparing.  I was one of the last to set out towards the territories of the Ulana family, when I arrived at the place everyone was so distraught that I literally didn't even know what to do.  A group of dragons came my way so I ran towards the botanical garden with several people who did the same. 
 
 
When going through several bushes I completely lost myself in that place, I did not know how to get out or how big it was, but at least it seemed that I had managed to lose the dragons. I suddenly heard a noise in a bush near me, I raised my weapon ready to fight, but what came out was another human dressed like me, then two more followed.  We had not said a word to each other when the same noise sounded near us, we all formed a group ready to fight, but this time a younger girl came out from among the plants.  Our doubt lasted only a second when we saw that the girl, although quite young, had a white cape on her back. We were safe for now.
 
"Damn that caught us off guard"
"Scarlet Lance called for reinforcements as if it was time to take this entire level"
"What they had to do was a withdrawal and warn of the type of dragons that had"
 
"No one could know that that would happen, when I arrived we were winning"
 
"Well then, who is left?"
"Those of the sixth and eighth are working together to the north, right?"
"Do we have enough to get out of this?"
 
"Who cares, Scarlet Spear is heading to the castle we just have to hold on until they finish their exploration and tell us to create the next supply base"
 
"That armband!"
"Hey, are you the human who is in Empress Nanami's guardian group?"
"So it's true that she was in that fortress"
"But what are you doing here?"
 
"The Dragon hunters called for reinforcements and reinforcements were sent, where do you think soldiers are coming from?"
"Not from factories, I assure you"
"Even the dark cloaks are going to the castle to help defeat the Alpha Dragon of the sector"
 
"Leave it, can't you see it's one of us?"
"What could this poor man do in a group like that?"
"For something they sent him here to the same as all of us, Atlantean hospitality is called"
"Our only way out of this that girl over there"
"By the way, what is your level, in what category are you?"
 
"My name is Mitsuki Izumi Räikkönen, from the Beowulf house, I am currently level 50, I am in rank A."
"My sister is the leader of the Scarlet Spear, Sakura Izumi, they left me behind along with the other dragon hunters to ensure the arrival of human troops"
"I apologize that we have failed in our task, but rest assured because I will make sure that you can return safely along with the rest of the humans"
 
"Tch"
"You are also a human brat"
"This is why I hate these brats, they think they are superior just because of their stupid superpowers"
"It's always the same, they treat us like we're a completely different race"
"If you hadn't had the luck of being the granddaughter of a human that if I killed one of those things with his own strength, you would be right now with the rest of the kids sleeping outside in the cold streets like my daughter"
 
"Let's put all that aside, for now, the important thing is that we get out of here and meet with the others"
 
"We have 4 human soldiers each with rifles"
"They are like 140 attack, the grenades hit 150 and Jesse's shotgun has 110, you bring the incendiary shells, right?"
"We have an attack average of 120 or so I think"
"How much of attack do you have?"
 
"I have 700 attack"
"But my mana is 1500 so I can attack many more times"
"About HP I also have 2500 so I can also make the tank of the group in this extreme case"
"We only have to meet the main group"
"We can do it"
 
"With or without the cane?"
 
"Without the cane, the cane gives me 250 extra"
 
"Wow, not bad!"
"So we're not completely fuck"
"There are real possibilities to live one more day"
 
"Hey, be careful what you say, can't you see that she's only 12 years old?"
"Her sister is Sakura remember if she finds out she will throw you off the edge of the island"
 
A Dragon came out of a wall and with a bite tore off the upper part of one of the soldiers.
 
"OH FUCK!"
 
"Kill that thing now !"
 
We all started shooting, but the dragon was Category 5, our weapons couldn't do anything to him unless we attacked a soft part. One of those who was next to me was about to be attacked but I pushed him to avoid the attack. Unfortunately the Dragon, furious at this fact, went against me later. I thought it would be my end, but just at the last moment an external cold appeared and ice spikes formed on the ground that managed to impale the dragon killing it. 
 
"That was close"
"If it hadn't been for my high damage magic, you would have ended up just like the other human over there"
 
"That man over there had a name, do you know?"
 
"And it doesn't matter anymore, he's dead"
"We can't stay here any longer, we have to continue"
 
We began to walk more and more inside the garden or rather the labyrinth of roses, the only thing that I had as a guide was the tip of the castle Ulana to guide us. After a while we began to hear the grunts of more dragons, they were entering the labyrinth with us. They were hunting us.  But the true moment of terror was when another of the soldiers mutated without prior notice, in less than 2 seconds it exploded from the inside out, and the meat that remained combined to form what looked like a dragon in a grotesque and twisted way.  It was unmistakable proof that the Dragonbane of the True Dragon of Plage was in the place.  The surviving soldiers put on the masks to avoid being affected by the miasma or hallucinations it caused.  Mitsuki did not need a mask because thanks to the blood of an original dragon hunter running through her veins she was protected from the Dragonbane. We had to fight our brother in arms to get him out of his misery, but thanks to the help of the dragon hunter we were able to do it.  Although that was one of us who gave the final blow because we did not want the poor girl to lose what little she had left of innocence staining herself with human blood. 
 
But more inside the labyrinth, an ambush of the dragons forced us to separate, and then again, by the time I realized I was alone near a water source, but although I was thirsty I could not drink it because of the Dragon bane. I took a look at my weapons, they weren't in the best condition, but there was nothing I could do, at least I didn't think that could jam immediately. A sow sound again, I prepared for the worst, and thank goodness I did, from the corridor that returned to the labyrinth a girl came out, but unlike the young girl from before, she was in her thirties maybe older. She was wearing few clothes, a dark cape, her brown skin contrasted with her white hair, she had a giant scythe and was accompanied by her pet, a black raven. She was the current Ulana heiress herself, The True Dragon of Plage, the traitor of the dark cloaks, and Nanami's ex former servant. As soon as she looked at me she began to laugh uncontrollably as she always did, her horrible mocking laugh when she looked at me unleashes something inside me. 
 
I remembered the scene where Luna sacrificed herself so that I could escape, she was laughing as if she made fun of that fact, of her death, she would pay for her offense with her death. Hatred takes hold of me, one of those cursed True Dragons was in front of me. One of the bastards responsible for Luna's death was just a few meters from me, even if it cost me my life, I couldn't miss the opportunity. I had to do it, every cell inside me screamed that I should kill that bitch. I put my hand on my weapon, took a deep breath, an explosion of heat filled me completely, I launched myself to kill her. She escaped by throwing herself backward and ran in the opposite direction from me. I followed her closely at all times, Dragons came out of the rose walls but I dodged them, I had no time to lose with them, the one I had to kill was the True Dragon. One of the small dragons bit my shoulder, I slaughtered it with my knife, Another threw himself at me, put a grenade in his mouth, and threw it to the next one who was coming towards me. I kept moving forward to kill that stupid woman. 
 
In the next corner, she tried to attack with her weapon, I put the knife in her side and turned it trying to do as much damage as possible, she lunged back again. Several Dragons came out behind her to help her, having lost my knife, I used my hand and put it inside the eye of one of them, I didn't know what it was touching but I kept hitting, I used the body of my victim to stop the other's attack. I pulled my hand and threw it to unbalance the remaining dragon, I barely had the chance to throw myself to hold its head and twisted its neck just like Luna did in the tunnel. I got up and kept chasing my prey, I wouldn't let her escape now. Her stupid wound was making her slow, she was no longer making fun of me, she was escaping for her life that I would soon take away from her. I was so angry that I had forgotten that I had a firearm, I fired all the bullets I had, and although they did not hurt her, they did distract her enough to make my close encounter with her more personal, just as she wanted to begin. She tried to defend herself with the claws of her arms but her attacks were uncoordinated, vulgar attempts to hurt, a desperate attack for living. With the open wound that she had, I put my hand in and began to remove things, whatever I could grab. She tried to stop me even more vilely than before, but it only served me to make the wound bigger and get more things out, but after a while when I took out the biggest parts that I found she stopped moving. I picked up my knife and ripped off her head to make sure she was really dead. In her face could see the panic with which she died, but it was not enough for me, she had not suffered the same, she died too quickly.  I went after her children, her dragons. 
 
One by one they fell, they were no longer the powerful monsters that crossed the skies, they were my victims, I used my weapon as a bat and hit one until he was robbed, another he drowned with a pool of blood of the first. Cut the tail off of it and use it to impale the one who came next. And so I continued walking through the labyrinth looking for more and more of them. After a while, it was hard to find more and more, but everything changed when I saw one different from the rest. He was a tall man, he had black armor that completely covered his body, it was indistinguishable to know if it was a suit or his skin, he wore a mask full of cables in addition to a large black cape, from head to toe. As soon as I saw him I hid so he wouldn't see me directly, It was him, he was the motherfucker responsible for all this, that was the true Dragon of Death, the probability that a group like the scarlet spear will defeat him is zero for his stupid power to kill with his eyes, even less for mere mortals like me. But the risk was worth it, I had to do it, I had to avenge Luna.
 
Take my knife and wait, wait for him to approach where I was to kill him quickly by surprise, that was the true technique to kill dragons. The way the dragon hunters fought directly against these infernal beings only gave these bastards an advantage. But if Luna envisioned something for me and all that time wasted in the tunnels is that it really came down to being the strongest, and if you couldn't do it then fight dirty, the dragons ate each other and the only way for a small dragon like Luna to triumph was to kill larger victims unawares. I waited for the ideal moment, waited patiently for my opportunity, and when finally his neck was within my reach, I threw myself to kill him. I put my hands on him, he begged for his life, he asked me to stop but I without thinking twice used my knife and slaughtered him like all those previous dragons. Two of his followers are just a couple of meters away doing nothing, they were stunned to see their boss die for a simple human. I did not give them the opportunity to do more and also killed them quickly. 
 
He had finally died, the person responsible for Luna's death lay lifeless before my feet, but although his death was too easy, so anclitimatic, the fury still continued for not having killed him in another way but I could no longer do anything about it. But I still had things to do, I had to meet with the others, I picked up my knife and started walking. I took a couple of steps and I saw a mirror in place near. 
 
 
I had a broken mask!
 
In a panic I took tape and plugged the hole, I searched desperately among the surroundings and I saw two dead soldiers. His masks were intact, little that he took a little air and changed the one he had for a new one in optimal conditions. But where did these two men come from? I was alone just moments ago. 
 
This was wrong.
 
The dragons that I had killed are nowhere but instead were two human soldiers on the ground in the same way that I had killed them. But then who was the true Dragon of Death?  I was afraid just thinking about it, I turned profitably, and as I began to see his silhouette, everything was going back worse and worse.  Instead of a terrifying monster that haunted my nights, there was a little girl. A girl who just a while ago was full of life, a girl who told me that she would get us all out of here. Mitsuki Izumi's body was in front of me, lifeless, in panic. The last moments of her life were watching a man full of rage end her so violently.  This girl only saw my horrible face in her final moments. 
 
I took the body of the girl in my arms and left it there. I ran as fast as I could even though I knew that would no longer change anything I had done. I will never forget the face of hatred and anger that her older sister had when she received the body of her relative, much less my feeling of guilt hiding everything that had really happened. Her death would be a secret that would take me to the grave because I did not have the guts to go against her and her inhuman power.  Sakura was extremely affected, she swear to everyone that she would kill the last of the dragons so that her sister's death would not be in vain. I had never seen a murderous look so big as that of that girl before everyone was present because all the human soldiers around her were simple ants compared to the strength of her sword. 
 
For my part I tried to find Nanami a shoulder to cry on but no matter how long I looked for it, I couldn't find her.
 
I ran and ran but I couldn't find her anywhere, despair took hold of me more and more.
 
....
 
 
....
 
 
....
 
 
....
 
 
When I open my eyes I was in a place that I did not know, a ceiling that did not remember anything. For some strange reason I was lying on a bed, I got up immediately. I threw the stupid weird dog that was next to me to the ground and started running to keep looking for Nanami, I started looking for it in this strange place, it didn't seem like anything like the Atlantis style. I opened several doors looking for her but there were only more people that I did not know.  But then, falling into a place that seemed to be the bathroom of this strange house, I found her. She looked much paler and her hair was now white, but her face was the same as I remembered. Nanami was crying too, and as soon as she looked at me she burst into tears at the same time that I did. I tried to hug her but for some reason, there was a spell that wouldn't let us touch each other. But it didn't matter, being close to her was enough for me, so I lay down next to her and tried to keep sleeping despite the shock that was heard on the other side of the door.
15