Ch125: Small Break
421 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Small Break

Family Home, Sumida City, Tokyo

I inserted the key and turned the mechanism, thereby finally entering my home. Classes today were a pain in the ass too. I'm fed up with people like Aoyama who keep bothering me every day, I'm seriously thinking of making her disappear. Why the hell in Japan is not Easter celebrated? right now is the best time to visit the beaches in my home country, where this week would be a vacation for everyone. Although according to grandma visiting the beaches this week is a sin against God and according to a legend, it could end up turning you into a mermaid, but please, as if those fucking bastards were lucky enough to be alive now to begin with. But that doesn't take away the point, I also deserve vacations, I'm tired of always having to contain myself at school.

I enter the house but today no one greets me when I arrive, it is strange that it was not until recently that I finally returned to live in a fairly normal way and even so, now I need to listen to someone when I get home. Mom and Maria left yesterday to visit my grandmother as soon as possible, as she requested in her threat, Tamamo and the others are working in the cafeteria, while I have nothing to do there I came home instead. Although saying that I was alone is wrong, flying from the second floor came Tifa, and she would look angry.

"Damn, when you enter the house knock on the door first"
"Do you have any idea of the scare you gave me thinking that it could be an unknown human?"
"I almost hit the stairs when I speed up into the room to hide!" said the little fairy tapping me lightly on the head.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that today you were alone in the house"
"The truth is that I think there is always someone else so I enter without warning"
"It was my mistake, I'm sorry"

"You have to be more careful with me around!"
"Remember that you promised me that you would protect me!"
"I depend on you to live here"

"Yes of course I know"
"...."
"I'm pretty hungry, is there still any food left?"

"No, everything your mother left was spent on breakfast today"
"By the way, now that you mention it, the refrigerator is making strange noises"

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower first, then I'll check what happened to the fridge"

I went upstairs and went to the bathroom without wasting time. One of the best changes after moving house is that we now have a bathtub to take a bath in, compared to the old shower and the solar hot water system that my father invented that we had before. I put on the hot water and while the tub was filling I took off my clothes. Although in Japan there is a tradition of bathing before going to sleep, in our family we do it when we get up before going to school, the only exceptions are Tamamo and me due to a simple reason, we have a huge tail that absorbs a lot of water and that it takes a long time to dry, so I take a bath when I get home from class and she before bed.

!!!!

Oh my goodness!
I grew even more!? It can't be, stop damn things!
Now is possible to see the breasts on the sides from behind me!
This is already ridiculous, what kind of extreme malnutrition did Nanami's body have when I took it?
Well yes, a long time passed so I understand that it lost weight, but why not spend that on growing up! I don't want to be the only one in this house that needs a mini ladder to get to the top of the cupboard.

It doesn't matter, there's not much I can do. I'm not going on a diet, that's right, I'm not going to go starve anymore!... I'm accumulating reserves for when I need extra energy, yeah that's it. I better get into the bathtub now that it's finally full.

AAAAAAhhhhhhh....

This is just what I needed, there is nothing more relaxing than being surrounded by hot water, wait I think I have that spa song on my cell phone, where is it? was it this? I don't want to get out of here, even though my tail is taking up almost half the space it's still relaxing enough for me to complain. This is why I fought for years, to be able to enjoy things like these.

 ???

I heard how something came flying towards the bathroom, it was Tifa again, who took off her clothes and also entered the tub without saying anything, there was not much difference with or without her.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked.

"We have to save on water, so I think it's better if we both share"

"Yes, but you fit in a cup, you don't use  much water to start"

"Shut up"

"You know you're becoming much more disrespectful than when we met"

"I don't want to hear that from the person who stares at my ass all day!"

"You're the one who flies by lifting your butt in the first place!"
"If they don't want your butt to be seen, at least fly straight or walk instead"

"If I don't fly this house becomes huge for me! It would take 20 minutes to go from the bedroom to the living room!"

"You are exaggerating"

"There is a ladder in the middle! Do you think I can take a step for each floor?"
"For me, it is the same as doing mountaineering"

"Sorry I forgot that"

Although she was trying to hide it, I think I had an idea why Tifa came and took a bath with me too. She was afraid, afraid of being alone in this world that she was in now, because until today was the first day that she had to be alone at home on her own, and remembering how dangerous the world was for her made her very nervous. , she was looking for company, whatever. Since I promised her that I would help her, I didn't put any more buts and let her stay around me.

After taking a shower I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. Even if I'm not a three-star expert chef like my mother, at least I know how not to starve instead. From exotic foods like snake and mouse to more normal things like this beautiful four-story sandwich stuffed with 6 different types of cheeses and different meats, ham and chicken, along with 6 kinds of sauces, 2 of which I don't know what they are called but, as my father used to say, since everything goes to the same place, I don't even care. The fairy helped me prepare it by bringing me the utensils and the condiments. To repay her for her kindness, I gave her a piece of chocolate.

Now yes, prepared and with a full stomach, I got down to work and started to check the refrigerator to see what the problem could be. I checked it from the sides and back, and it seemed that the problem came from the refrigerator motor, it doesn't seem serious but I prefer to fix it now that I have time before it becomes serious. The old fridge that we had in our old house was quite prone to this type of problem, and although it was my father who always repaired it, he taught me how to do it.

"I think you're doing it the wrong way"
"You shouldn't be using so much force on that part!" pocket girl said.

"Shut up and pass me the orange screwdriver!"

"I'm sure it will break"

"The one who is going to break is me if this shit doesn't give a little more to get out"

CRACK

AAAHHH!!!

Crash!

"Where did that piece fall?"

"It hit that wall and came out from two different sides."

"That's bad, it was supposed to be a single"
"...."
"Crap"
"Yes, indeed I broke it"

"Just look at this it was solid metal"

"Don't worry, this is easy"
"This part is generic, I can easily get a replacement"
"I just need to change it and the fridge will operate normally again"

"Hold on!"
"Are you going out?"

"Yes, how do you think I'm going to get the piece if not?"

After changing my clothes again, I left the house again to look for an appliance repair shop to find the spare part I was using. This time I was wearing a new coat with a hat, but this time the hat had room for the ears, it was supposed to be a cute piece for normal girls and not for foxgirls, but it still worked perfectly,  both to hide them and comfort, it was an idea that occurred to Tamamo one of these days. Although the queue, as always, was a different matter, I was tired of hiding it all day, so I left it free and let what fate would have it happen, people will still think it's part of the outfit and ignore it. The important part this time was my messenger bag, this time I got one quite like it and with good space, I had bought it thinking of Tifa from the beginning, and the truth is that today I was wearing it for the first time because she did not want to be alone again at home so she decided to accompany me.

She was terrified of the outside but she still thought that being alone in the house is worse. For my part, I think it is a good opportunity for her to appreciate a little more the new world that was her home. My bag was relatively open so she could see right outside. Also for me not to seem like I was crazy talking to myself,  I put on headphones and acted like I was in the middle of a call. I think it was also a success because nobody paid attention to me, either that or people don't care at all

I managed to find a parts store from wandering aimlessly for quite a while. The owner was an older man but he seemed happy that a little girl could find the value had in several of the things he had for sale. There were several second-hand old electrical appliances, but they were in very good condition, there were others that were broken but the old man was working on them to be able to sell them. I also found an old videogame console, the same model that my father bought me when I was little, a before and after in my life. It came with two controls and several video games that I knew by memory, like when I used to play with my brothers and my cousin Brayan when we were all young. It was a real beauty, it hurt me not having the money to buy it now, but I was going to keep an eye on that bargain until it was mine.

On the way back I ran into a collectible figure store, and among all the things there was what caught my attention the most was that they sold several sets of cloth clothes for mobile figures, I think they had the perfect size for Tifa, so I asked her if there was any that caught her attention. She told me that they all seemed weird to her, but having more clothes was a good idea, so she left the choice to me. The truth was that I was tempted to choose the bunny suit costume, but knowing that she would not wear it, I went for the traditional fairy, since the clothes that Tifa wore are ironically from the Victorian era, I think, and not the green clothes that we all have in mind of a fairy.

Finally, before getting home again, I decided to go to a hamburger restaurant to buy something to eat instead of dinner, because I'm sure the others will eat what's left when the cafeteria closes today. By mistake I forgot that Tifa is about 15 centimeters tall and I bought her a big combo too, but I don't think she'll complain, besides, if she doesn't finish it, I could have eaten it myself, so it's not such a problem, right?

15