Ch132: Bay Wach
409 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bay Wach

Jacó, Puntarenas, Costa Rica

Cesar has just left to try to meet these relatives who in theory should be able to steal the siren from these monster hunters. The rest of us were still in the hotel suite. Adelis was sitting on the bed quite shocked by what Cesar said, she could barely contain her nerves during the phone call asking for help. Lisa was next to her giving her a cup of tea for the nerves, even though she was trying to hide it, she was also worried about the situation. The twins were on the balcony watching the town and the beach carefully, they were probably thinking about what to do with the task their father had found for them. Momo on the other hand was checking a couple of pieces that were still in the suitcase where the armor that Cesar asked for was. 

"Do you think Cesar is going to be okay?"
"Don't you think all this will affect him too?"
"After all, what is happening with the mermaids, Cesar is to some extent responsible for what is happening now" 
"What do you think about it Tamamo?" the angel asked me.

"Actually, I think it's a relief"
"Since he himself feels responsible for what is happening, he will do his best to try to get the best possible result"
"He is the last person who would want to be watching this"
"I don't know what happened in the war against the Dragons, but I am sure that if he had known that something like this would happen he would have avoided it completely"
"...."
"Who knows, maybe it will even help him sleep better by giving him some peace to the war inside his mind"

"Although Cesar and I fought against the dragons that doesn't mean that we were the only ones fighting against everything"
"If I remember correctly, the headquarters of the Sirens, the lower guard room was assaulted by the another company."
"They suffered heavy casualties, but the Great Field General managed to finish off their leader after losing his son in the battle"
"In theory after that they never again had a competent chain of command"
"They dedicated themselves only to guerrilla tactics wherever there was water"
"Unfortunately it was shortly before he died in the battle of the Celestial forge"
"We do not know what really happened there" Said the demon in a serious tone looking out the window.

"Do you think everything is going to be okay?"
"Do you really think he will be able to save Maria?" Adelis asked, still nervous.

We three superior races turned to look at the frightened mother at the same time.

"He has come back from the dead twice for her" Said the angel.

"Didn't he fight the whole continental war just to keep her safe?"  I said , the goddess

"This morning he so violently abused a superior angel, it was so cool to see" said proudly  the demon.

Adelis looked at us surprised by what we had just said, it seemed that her mind could not think about what she had just been told, but after a while she was relieved, remembering that indeed, Cesar had already done all those incredible things to keep Maria safe. How could he leave something like this without repercussions for those responsible.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to hit Stella like that?"
"Won't that affect her in the future?" asked Okasan again.

"In truth, she deserved it"
"She really had to tell Cesar that a piece of Atlantis was still on earth"
"If Cesar had known that, he would have corrected the mistake immediately"
"The bitch is lucky to be pretty enough to Caesar's eyes"
"The news would have been given to her by a man and right now we would have her head in the microwave over there"
"...."
"I'm sure the bitch is being greeted right now as a war hero for having faced Darling's fury and still having all her limbs intact" Lisa said, clearly showing her anger at the situation.

"Hey, don't you think you're going a little overboard?"
"Stella is an important person for the angels, isn't she?"

"Do you really think Stella has the job because of how competent she is?"
"Stella got the job because she looks pretty and can take a beating without complaining"
"She was chosen for her position for the sole reason that she would have to talk to Cesar directly representing the angels"
"The person who was originally in her position was her sister"
"She once spoke ill against Cesar and since then she has not fly for fear of losing her wings again"
"Stella was handpicked by THE BOSS for the sole purpose that if she has a pretty appearance maybe Cesar wouldn't kill her on the spot by giving him some news like the mermaids were still alive after so many years"
"And unfortunately it seems to have worked"

"And how do you know that?"
"What does a demon know about how angels work?" asked the Fairy.

"Because I am a fallen angel!"
"And my position was much more important than Stella's to begin with!"
"And besides he!..."
"...."
"...."
"I better not go on, I have to try to behave myself today"
"I don't want Cesar to get mad at me"
"Not today he is already angry" Surprisingly Lisa stopped dead in her tracks before starting another of her usual mental breakdowns .

What I couldn't tell was whether she stopped out of consideration, love for him, or fear of what he might do now that he was angry. What is Lisa keeping about Cesar that she doesn't want to tell? It looked like she was going to say something important.

"We have not seen any suspicious movements in the surrounding area"
"But the surveillance systems in this town leave a lot to be desired"
"We know there are plenty of security cameras everywhere, but very few of them are connected to the internet"
"Because we are close to a national park, cellular coverage is only in the central areas"
"The police communicate mainly by short frequency radio so we can only pick up a couple of their communications"
"They only report where they are and if they need help, they don't make full reports so we don't know what they are actually doing" said my daughters.

"Well, in a way, this is what your father was warning you might happen"
"He had already seen it coming" I reminded then, trying to further emphasize the lesson now learned.

"Costa Rica not is  a pioneer in terms of technology" Said Adelis, though without knowing what for.

"The way things are right now it is impossible to react in time in case the sirens attack someone else"
"As Papa said, if one plan doesn't work we should try to come up with a different one based on what we have learned."
"If we can't react in time it would be best to be close to the events when they are going to happen"
"I have created a list of important people who are currently in Jaco on vacation"
"A list of possible targets that the mermaids might want to control."
"...."
"Papa said that living beings are prone to fall under the control of the mermaids, so letting either mother Tamamo or mother Lisa take care of them would be a danger of them falling under their control."
"I have to protect my mothers!"
"Since we are androids, we are not alive, we can take care of fighting against the mermaids without falling under their control!"
"Mom Lisa because of her herratic behavior is better to stay in this place and the protect others"
"Mom Tamamo on the other hand is an expert in acting and socializing, besides being a Goddess she probably has the highest magical defense of all  here."
"Mom, I would like you to keep a close eye on who I think is most likely to be the next target of the sirens." Charlotte said, as her sister returned to the balcony to continue watching.

"Do you want me to watch someone closely?"
"And who is it?"

"Yoshida Shigeru"
"His father , Mr. Yoshida,  senator of Japan, a very important and influential person regarding the country's security decisions"
"He is one of the people Adelis meets most often to negotiate Japan's entry into the Alliance"
"He came with his family because his previous vacation was cancelled due to the Ueno Dam and the media coverage it had received"

"Mr. Yoshida is here!?" Adelis asks

"He is on vacation, but his wife is sick with an allergy and right now they are both in the capital visiting the best hospital in the country"
"His son Shigeru decided to stay, at least according to the hotel records, so he must still be around"
"...."
"From what I have researched about Shigeru, it seems that he is trying to get a girlfriend by trying to talk to several girls he has met"
"But Shigeru can't speak Spanish and his English grades are terrible"
"He doesn't know how to communicate with almost anyone but he still keeps trying according to his social networks"

"I think I know where this is headed"  Said Tifa.

"Since mom is Japanese, it is very likely that Shigeru will be quite interested in her, mainly because she would be the only one he could speak Japanese with"
"Thus allowing you to keep a close eye on him without him suspecting it"
"...."
"But it is forbidden to cheat on Papa!"
"This is only as a precaution against the sirens..."
"We don't want any mother to leave daddy!"
"...."

Both Charlotte and Kazumi looked at me with concern, despite their monotonous tone of voice, when they spoke this last part. They really didn't want to go through with it, but they also seemed to be willing to help defeat this mystery enemy that appeared out of nowhere.

"Don't worry, your mother loves your father with all her heart" I said hugging them both.
"After all, he was the one who rescued me and made me meet you two."
"I am forever in your father's debt"
"Besides, I can't fool him even if I wanted to"
"I am his slave, the slave collar will not let me"

"Okay, we believe you Mama"
"I'll keep an eye on things from here because it has a good view and it's easy to fly anywhere in this town"
"If you need help just give me a signal, either I throw something into the sky or a camera"
"...."
"Dad is very concerned about the current situation"
"The fact that he has let us participate in the combat directly means that this is an abnormal situation even for him"
"...."
"Besides, we want everything to stay the same when we return home and still be a happy family."

"My girls!" I said with watery eyes.

"Calm down! I'm here too!"
"I won't let anyone harm my love's family no matter what!"
"I will take everyone who thinks of hurting us to the bottom of hell myself!" Said Lisa also hugging both of them.

"I already know I am not strong!"
"BUT I'm also going to help to solve this!"
"Leave all your combat gear to me and I'll have it ready for you when you need it" said the angel also patting their heads.

After that my daughters gave me a lot of information about Shigeru, details of subjects he liked as well as his preferences. We created a little fake story and then when we saw him on the beach from our hotel I set to work. I just had to keep an eye on him, I only plan to like him enough to manipulate him, but as soon as this is over I will cut him off immediately. Then I will shake off this horrible experience by taking Darling in my arms and lifting him up like a doll and hugging him until I get bored.

12