Ch155: Dispute Reconsilation
334 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dispute Reconsilation

When the classes were over almost some students still remained in the classroom, most of them talking about some unimportant subject, in this case, I was not an exception either because I found myself in the middle of a heated discussion with two other subjects who did not want to recognize they're wrong.

"But I already told you!"
"It's not stupid if it works!"
"A small $100 dollar drone and a grenade are effective against a new generation tank any way you look at it!"  I said a little angry

"It is idiotic to expect it to work more than once, the anti-missile system should be able to detect and intercept it." Takehide replied.

"Those things only detect objects at high speed or infrared markings"
"The defense system believes that a drone is the same as a party balloon because it is so slow"
"Plus it can be used from anywhere and operated by infantry"
"You know, the ones who are risking their lives and are the most interested in destroying enemy tanks"
"The adrenaline of the moment makes you want to make things work well" was my counter-argument

"Are you saying that modern armies should then use outdated and low-tech equipment for combat?"
"Go back to using WWII weapons because everything else is a waste of money?"
"What about the current rifles? or the f-35 fighter is still superior to any variant used by the empire during the war!" Takehide continued to insist

"There is no denying that modern equipment is impressive and brutally effective"
"But you are not seeing the obvious flaw that they are so advanced and expensive that they are produced in such low numbers that they are such a valuable resource that they are only used at very specific times during combat."
"When things get ugly like the continental war the armies start using the old reliables, trenches and Guerilla warfare were the name of the game the last 10 years  as their clash of fancy gadgets and high-tech soldiers were drawn out into a war of attrition"
"I can assure you that Germany used old mg42s during the defense of their southern cities."
"The f-35 fighters were better than those of the empire, but they cost 50 times more than their rival, can't you guess which side had more planes all over the place!"
"In Italy, the Alliance lost almost half of its air force, by the simple fact of numbers"
"The new alliance rifles also gave problems because they jammed easily and did not have enough penetration against the armor of the imperial soldiers"
"The problem was so severe that some soldiers began to carry their personal weapons instead"
"The United States had to revert to using the m4 for example"
"Instead the Alliance's regular infantry body armor was so useless during the beginning of the war that soldiers preferred not to wear it in order to have more mobility" 

Most of what I said I knew from my personal experience. Like when I had to use a real ww2 Mg42 from a trench while helping in the defense of Dresden or my now famous plane crash in Italy. The new weapons like the Arksuits or the Dolls were really deadly, but also so incredibly expensive and difficult to maintain that they were only used in the most important moments of the war, that's why they are not so well known outside of the important people or people who saw them first hand.

"You are just a girl who has lived in your parents' house all your life"
"What can you know about things like war!"
"Modern equipment is so much better than it was a hundred years ago, it's impossible for old and obsolete weapons to be used by anyone who is halfway intelligent!"
"Your stupid drones are not going to beat a fighter jet like the f-35 or a Su-57"
"A grenade can't beat a new combat tank like the German Leopard 2"

"New my ass!"
"The Leopard 2 is from 1979 and was designed for the defense of Germany"
"It needed strong infrastructure to be carried to the front because they are very heavy, and yet they do not have high armor because they specialize in open field speed"
"Use them in the city and they are just metal coffins"
"The f-35 from 2006 is fucking expensive and is built between several countries, several of them European, when the war started there were not enough parts to repair them"
"Su-57 is from 2002 and is a superiority fighter, to fight against other aircrafts only"
"Its construction stopped when the factory where its engine was produced was attacked"
"The Eurofighter Typhoon is much better, it does everything and it is much cheaper"
"It has been so well overproduced that new ones can be made from downed aircraft"
"It is able to take off even from roads in the middle of the forest"

"See! you don't know anything!"
"Eurofighter Typhoon is even built-in more different countries than the f-35!"
"And if it's so good, why did France develop the Rafale?"
"It is able to take off from an aircraft carrier, which makes it much more available around the world!"
"Or the Swedish Gripen! which has been sold all over the world! And guess what, it can take off from ordinary roads!"

"The rafale was created because France needs to protect more territories away from Europe, so it needs to work from an aircraft carrier, they were also in the Eurofighter Typhoon project but they needed another completely different aircraft, that's why they went to create their own, also their carrier was damaged during the war, leaving that advantage completely useless"
"And the Gripen is much less powerful but that is because it is an excellent low-budget fighter, buy it for its price and performance, not because it is the best!"
"It is the good, beautiful, cheap"

"That's enough for both of you!"
"First of all, it's a cooperative game of airplanes, everyone can use their favorite one!"
"Elise-chan, for starters you are using a fictitious plane that doesn't exist, you painted it red and you call yourself Hunter 2-2"
"And Take-Kun, you are using the A-10 warthog, your targets are the ones on the ground, not other planes"
"Elise-chan and I have to protect you from other planes, it's normal for us to choose other planes different from yours"

"Exactly!"
"And with this plane with two integrated drones, I can fight 6 enemy fighters at the same time!"
"I don't have to carry cluster bombs if I'm only going to fight fast jets!"

"You call the drones Kasumi and Charlotte!"
"Why did you spend real money to name two drones attachments to an airplane?"
"All you do is use that plane regardless of the mission!"

"Because you dont stop dying at the hands of other planes!"
"Learn how to use the flares noob!"

"Excuse me, Elise"
"May I have a moment to talk to you?"

Asuka appeared behind me, this time she seemed quite shy, unlike the first time I met her. Since I still had the key to the rooftop that Xi'an gave us the first time we came to the school, we went there so that we could talk better without being disturbed. 

"I can't believe it! Yesterday's call was real?"
"Urakaze talked to me directly! She knows about me!"
"I went to ask about the code she gave with the main branch"
"But the surprise was huge when even Divine Providence in the Vatican gave a positive answer! but why did her code look like a discount for a weekend at a hotel?"
"Right now they are having an assembly discussing the audio of the call before deleting it, because it made a lot of people angry "
"Even the National Onmyoji Association is analyzing what happened because no one expected this"
"They did not expect to be attacked for doing their job properly"
"But how did it happen? Who are you? Why were you protected by the C.S.S?"

"Well, we had an agreement with them, to say the least"
"They don't bother me, I don't bother them, usually"
"But you being hunters and going after us is a breach of contract"
"That's why they decided to intervene before things escalated"
"They are normally quite subtle, but if they went to such extreme measures it was because they were necessary and all else failed"

"What about you and Urakaze? How did you meet?"
"How did someone like her end up being friends with Tamamo?"

"That happened by chance."
"Due to some things that happened I got lost and she ended up helping me by giving me a place to sleep for a while"
"It turns out that the place where she was was a place where there were several people prepared in case Tamamo escaped"
"By the time I got there they were already friends, I don't know how it happened"

I said stretching the truth, but there was no need for her to get over what really happened or what Urakaze was really involved in because it would certainly give her a headache.

"If she and Tamamo were friends that still doesn't answer how the stone broke in the first place"

"I'm sorry but that's something I have no idea what happened either"
"I'm sure I was already next to her long before the stone broke"
"I really don't know what caused it and I'm sure Tamamo doesn't either"

"I see..."
"...."
"So to finish you really won't do anything against my family despite what I did?"

"Unless you guys do something first, you have my word, I'm not going to do anything"
"Let's just leave it at that, nothing happened, okay?"
"Also Maria was hoping to be friends with you so I'd appreciate it if you could follow up on that"
"There's also Haru, she doesn't know what happened so there's no need for you to tell her anything either"
"You wouldn't believe how much it would help me if you could do that"

"Oh, no no"
"I can't in just that"
"You're not really getting anything from me."
"I have to repay your forgiveness somehow!"

"Yep, that's right, I'm fine with that"
"Well, if you can pass me the information about what's going on among the hunters, that's more than enough"
"I would like to know in advance if any other group is preparing something fun for me again"

"Yes, of course"
"I will inform you immediately if something like this happens"
"....."
"....."

"Now what?"
"What else do you want to ask"

Asuka stopped talking from one moment to the next with a doubtful face as if trying to hide something she wanted to do.

"When I checked her statistics, Tamamo said that she showed me the ones she wanted, but still the magic magnifying glass partially worked, like she was a Goddess"
"But with you it didn't work at all"
"Seeing that she respects you greatly and several of the titles she had referred to you specifically...."
"I wanted to ask, what are you?"

"...."
"Well, part of my relationship with the angels includes that."
"But I'm just somebody, nothing more"

"Oh, that's a pity"
"But I'm not going to elaborate either"
"I'm sure it will escalate to something like "I'll have to kill you and your family if I tell you."
"Which is why I'd rather you didn't."

"Well, then if you'll excuse me"
"It's getting late and I promised someone I'd do the grocery shopping"
"See you later"

When I returned home things were as usual, for the most part, my mother has been busier and busier lately with the visit of President John, these days she hasn't even been going to the cafeteria and is still working when she gets home. It seems that several things are getting complicated regarding the collaboration between the secret service, the united states army, and the Japanese police, mostly things of no real importance like who will guard which place, since the president of the united states should always be surrounded by his country's forces, but the Japanese insist on leaving complete areas of the agenda to them, also according to what I heard he is also planning to visit the military base but without foreign guests, just him and his people, which upset several people. Basically, the typical boring part of politics that nobody wants to do but has to be done anyway.

16