Ch159: Reflections From A Mother
433 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reflections From A Mother

I was happy to finally get my request to have American troops guarding the outside of the Embassy accepted. With this, I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Now all that was left was the final details such as the schedule and where to get the food, which I could arrange with a couple of phone calls, so the pressure was much less. I had even managed to coincide the day of the visit with the same day that Admiral Mark will be assigned as commander of the United States Pacific Fleet, so it may help to give more weight to the President's visit to Japan.

The news of his visit was quite a surprise, I never expected something like this to happen. President John must have very high esteem for Cesar to even go all the way just to give him a medal. But I also understand why he does it, what he accomplished that day was extraordinary, and even though it was a group effort, he was the one who was in charge of creating it for the group in the first place. If I were to look at it objectively, he is someone capable of turning a battle around with his presence alone.

Many things had changed drastically since he returned. At the beginning of this year, I was alone and devastated, searching for my daughter. I was afraid to live in this house alone, that even if I met Maria there was no guarantee that she would be cured, having to take care of her alone. Then Cesar arrived, much different, changed, but inside he was still exactly the same young man who went out every morning to look for work and help around the house. The huge lonely house is now too small for the many people living inside. Full of completely different people, but at the same time in some way similar, all looking to be happy together. Now the place is always full of activities or things happening, people talking, people arguing, people happy, people sad. But all together as a family.

I never in my life thought that Cesar would ever have a girl, what a mistake I made. I really don't believe how he got it, much less how he is keeping it under control. When he came with Tamamo I thought he was lying about her being a Goddess, but the day she helped rescue me when I was kidnapped I had no doubt about her. The day Momo showed up I was angry with him, leaving aside that she was an angel, he was cheating on two different girls, an unacceptable act for anyone, but when he told her himself without hesitation, and at the same time she revealed that she was aware of Tamamo and still wanted to continue, I let it go, because I was intrigued about what would happen next. I thought it was only a matter of time before problems would arise, it was impossible for a relationship between several people to turn out well. But everything turned out to be much simpler than I expected, both girls, Tamamo and Momo were aware of each other's feelings towards my son and did their best to get along with each other, I believe that to this day there has not been any fight between them.

It wasn't long after that when the next members of our family arrived. In the midst of the horrible nightmare that was Aria's world and the beautiful fairy tale that was reuniting me with my beloved, two sisters emerged from the world of dreams. Two robots appeared out of nowhere, what a surprise Tamamo gave me when he cheerfully said that these two were his daughters. At first, I thought it was a joke, but now I think it is a beautiful reality. They are my granddaughters, I can't see it any other way. They don't express themselves much, but after living with them it is easy to notice when they are happy, and how often are those moments. With the two of them, I have relived my memories of raising children and how much fun it was, oh what beautiful day-to-day memories. From teaching them how to bathe the first few times they arrived or when they asked questions all around, giving Tamamo advice on how to deal with them reminded me of how my mother did the same with me when Cesar came into my life the first time. They now help me a lot with my work, but I love them as much as my own children, they are irreplaceable to me.

Lisa's appearance was abrupt like herself. A Yandere Demon thirsty for blood and death or at least that's what I thought, at the end, she turned out to be just a girl that had been through a lot, just like my poor son. With her I thought that the biggest problems in this family appeared, well in reality, yes, but when living with her you can notice how much she tries hard not to bother the others. It is also thanks to her that I am still alive because it has been several times that she has jumped between me and my enemies to protect me. She and I have absolutely nothing in common, and I couldn't be more thankful for that, because I believe that many things would have been very different if she was different from the Lisa she is now, I am really grateful for her help all this time. She and Momo are the ones who fight the most after Cesar and Maria. In the beginning, they really seemed like two complete enemies, but as time went by it became more of a rivalry to improve internally. Lisa constantly mentions that she picks on Momo because she reminds her of how innocent the world she used to be, while Momo tries hard and uselessly to instill some reason in Lisa. But when the serious moments happen both trusts each other without hesitation, Lisa is aware that she can easily take the wrong decision due to the heat of the moment, so she trusts that any family member including Momo can tell her the right answer, while the angel knows that she can't fight and trusts the demon to do what is necessary.

And coming back to talking about Momo, I think of all the girls here she has the biggest workload and is the least noticed. While Tamamo and Lisa or even Cesar are known to be good warriors, Momo on the other hand outside of her glass body is the most normal girl I know. She is smart but I can see that it was not a gift she received, she worked for it, studying diligently throughout her life. She is an incredible mechanic and engineer, but you can see how her experience in the field is her greatest source of knowledge. I imagine that in heaven there is technology far more incredible than what we have is primitive to her, but at the same time, she is quite ingenious and plays with our same limitations. The terminal that my granddaughters use was created entirely by her using only easily available things, the Empire instead took 10 years of research and millions in development for what she could do in a couple of days just by looking at a couple of pictures. I know many people who are geniuses at creating things, but if you put them away from their expensive laboratories and cutting-edge technology they wouldn't be able to do anything, Momo for her part I have no doubt she could repair an airplane with just stones and wood.

The other two girls are the ones who have been with us the least, but I can still see important things in them. Tifa was just a little tiny doll full of nerves when she arrived, she was afraid of the whole world around her, but how can I blame her, she came from a world that was completely hostile to her at all times. Now she is much calmer, at least among us, but her shy nature is still present. She is now also married to Cesar so she tries to be attractive to him, but she is full of doubts about how to handle their relationship, she has no problems with the other girls, but she doesn't know how to deal with her size difference with Cesar, everyone tells her not to make a big deal of it, but she still sees it as a big obstacle. Even so, her kind way of being is always present, she loves to help others in any way she can, and she is very curious about our world, whether it's helping in the kitchen, helping with Maria's homework, she is always paying attention and helping whoever she can. She has now been helping me a lot in my work, she is my second secretary now, and more than once I have asked her to call Xi'an to coordinate certain things, completely forgetting that the two of them don't know each other yet.

Levia is still a newcomer but she has also adapted quite well to living with the others, or rather we have are the ones adapted to living with her. I don't want to be misunderstood, I don't think anything bad about her, on the contrary, I find it very noble that she wants to leave her past behind and start again to be a better person. It's just that she has a lot more needs than others and there are many things she can't do by herself. She is always needing help even for things as basic as using the bathroom or getting around, but it's not a problem for us, at most a little inconvenient, but it's something we have to get used to because the truth is we and Levia even have it easy, she just can't walk and only needs a wheelchair, out there, in the world there are people who have it much worse in worse conditions and still bravely face their lives, smiling or even mocking the fate that life has given them, people like them are amazing and an example of perseverance. Levia for her part is quite saddened by her situation but I hope she can get used to it and start living happily too

Finally, Cesar has also changed quite a bit and I am glad about that. When he just came back he was quite sad or melancholic on a permanent basis, unfortunately, something quite common with the troops returning home after the war, someone who was not very interested in seeing the light of another day, I can't blame him, nobody really knows what my poor son has been through, not even me listening to his stories, the ones he wanted to tell, as I am sure he is keeping the worst ones to not bother anyone.

He is much happier now, is much more open, and has returned to showing interest in his old hobbies. He is back to building model ships or talking about cars more often. His face now shows joy in front of others and he is no longer as reserved as he was at the beginning. Little by little he is getting back to being the Cesar I used to know. I think I owe almost everything to the girls who accompany him because it is thanks to them that he has improved little by little and they are very tolerant of him because very few people could behave normally after seeing their boyfriends screaming in terror in the middle of the night and locking themselves in the bathroom to cry. Tamamo has done a job truly worthy of a Goddess by doing everything possible to comfort him and help him feel more relaxed and safe. Momo goes about fixing some of the damage he caused without complaining. Lisa also worries about him in her own way, because even she keeps silent and tries to help without causing her usual troubles.

However, there is something that still does not reassure me, because although it is true that he is now much happier during the day, it is also true that his attacks have become much more frequent, especially at night or when he is resting. As if his mind feels guilty for enjoying the happiness he has now and he has to pay for it somehow. As if he has to pay a debt that he will never complete no matter what he does. I hope his situation improves and doesn't get worse.

Hello to all of you

I hope you are well.

I don't want to take up your time so I'll try to be quick, spoiler goes wrong. I have recently started to reflect on this story and the time it has taken me to write all of this. This story is very important to me and I'm glad that you all are enjoying it because if you are still reading this far it's because you really like it.

And speaking of that, this novel has gone far beyond my expectations, seriously, if it seems that it is quite long is because it is, I knew it when I started but even so, I am surprised how long it is, and at the same time I feel that in reality I am going too fast and I feel that I am not deepening much about everything that happens, but I hope it is only me because I do not think it is fun to listen to politics for hours, especially in these difficult times.

I'll be honest with you, I think the name of my novel is pretty bad because although I think I chose it thinking about the central theme of the story, many of you are still wondering what the fuck it means. Well, that's exactly the problem I have, the novel is already huge, and although I think that soon we will know why the name is, just look where we are: 159 chapters and still the name doesn't make sense. I believe that it is alienating many potential readers or that it can be easily misinterpreted, implying things that are not. Especially since there may be a lot of people who might like this story but don't give it a chance because the name doesn't mean anything to them.

That's why I want to change the name to one that makes more sense and attracts more attention, but obviously being clear about what this story is about. The problem is that I can't think of absolutely anything yet, that's why I want to ask for your help, about suggestions on what name I could give to this story.

I am aware of the many topics it deals with and how crazy it all is, so I know it is difficult to name it, because I don't know how to call it without leaving something out there. But it doesn't matter, let's try it and see what we can come up with.
No matter how silly your suggestions are, maybe together we can come up with something good. It doesn't matter if it's something like The Emperor's Family or a description like That Time I Died and Reincarnated as a Fox Girl but in the normal world with magic and technology while there is a cold war with my harem after a war against the dragons.

That I think is all for now, thank you all very much for your time and support.

16