Ch160: Programmed Schedule
415 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Programmed Schedule

The home of the mystical creatures that became my house was as busy this morning as it used to be almost every day. Because of my two jobs, I am usually the one who gets up the earliest, or that is how it should be because now that Levia sleeps in the bathroom, Tamamo is the one who gets up first to take her out of there and put her in the wheelchair in the living room. Since so many of us live here, the bathroom is very busy during the day, so when my turn is over, it's Maria's turn. I like to make breakfast and something for my children to eat at school, while I cook Cesar is usually in the dining room trying to finish some homework, this also happened the first time he went to school so you can tell he never learned. After Maria, Cesar and Tamamo leave I get ready to leave before Xi'an picks me up in her car. 

"Remember to assign a pilot for the helicopter ambulance."
"Also on the table, I left you the document about where you had assigned each response team"
"Charlotte will be in charge of the computer today, remember Charlotte!"
"Kasumi got the morning shift to help Saeko."
"Ah! before you go! wait a minute mom!" The little fairy was talking to me worriedly.

"Ahhh, you called me mother!"
"Thank you for calling me that, my little Tifa, I love you too!"
"Yes, I already have the folder!"
"It is this one, isn't it?"
"I'm not so forgetful either"

"Elise is also leaving early today, call her when she gets out of school to go pick out the clothes she will be wearing to meet Mr. President"
"Remember to call her because I think she wants to escape from going to another dress store again"

"Oh, boy"
"That's gonna be tough."
"I'm going to have to call Tamamo first to make sure she doesn't escape through the roof again."

"I think that's all"
"See you later! Have a nice day!" the fairy said goodbye with a smile that filled my heart at the sight of her.

Just as I walked out the door I saw Xi'an's car coming down the street. He informed me that Admiral Mark had arrived yesterday in Japan with his fully repaired Carrier strike group. He wanted to talk to me today to finalize the details regarding the president's visit, as his security also depends on his team.

Admiral Mark is a war hero, for it was his fearless actions that kept the Empire at bay in the chaotic early stages of the war. Without waiting for orders from his superiors he went to help Italy when it was invaded without warning, managing to help with the evacuation. He managed to keep the imperial fleet away from the Suez Canal and to secure the route of the arrival of allied forces. He assisted in the battle of Copenhagen and single-handedly took charge of the defense of Norway. He had also been Cedric's superior, so part of Cedric's success was also due to mark. He was also the commander that Cesar had during the war. Finally, fate did not seem to have enough for him, when just the day he was returning to port after an entire war, he encountered one more unexpected battle in New York that was to welcome him with encouragement. And Mark without a second's hesitation joined the battle once again. He is someone who was suspiciously always under the light.

This man knows what war is and how to win it. I thought he would retire after all that, he deserved it, he had done more than enough. But I was really surprised to hear that he was coming to replace Admiral Philips as commander of Carrier Strike Group 5 in the United States Pacific Fleet and part of the USINDOPACOM command. He will probably head the latter shortly and after that, he will be US Secretary of Defense. He was a man of substance and with an important future, the kind worth approaching and having on my list of friends.

He arrived at my office with several of his officers, some familiar faces, some new, as well as Secret Service agents. Also joining me was Cedric who was in charge of security at the small Akasaka Press Center base. They all wanted a briefing on the planned visit so I took them to the conference room to explain it well.

"Following the scheduled June 15th" I started explaining to my audience using the projector.
"After the President arrives at Haneda Airport, he will travel by helicopter to the National Diet Building"
"There he will meet with the Prime Minister and some politicians from various parties"
"After that, he will take the presidential limousine and travel along the C1 Expressway"
"Arrive at the U.S. Embassy where he will meet with the ambassador and a group of students who will give him a painting they made"
"He will take a 2-hour break here after that"
"Then he will take the Presidential Limousine again and come right here to the Akasaka Press Center"
"Where will have a private meeting, there is no time estimate but it should be short if there is no problem"
"He will retake your helicopter here and head to the Yokosuka military base to the south"
"There have a meet Admiral Mark for a small ceremony where you will take command of this place"
"Nearby he will stay at the Central Hotel until the next day"
"That day he will meet with the Emperor and do various recreational activities with the Prime Minister"
"Sumo wrestling, golf course, and a visit to a traditional restaurant."
"Any questions?"

"What about the local security?" Mark asked.

"The Japanese government has given us the go-ahead to take care of all the necessary security arrangements"
"The Tokyo police will start tomorrow to make thorough inspections of the area"
"They will also be patrolling the areas near our area of operation"
"The JSDF is also assisting in various security areas throughout the city"

"Mission constraints?" Mark asked again.

"Typical of this city"
"The streets are narrow and the buildings are quite tall"
"Also due to the importance of the visit, many civilians are expected to present their greetings on the route of the Beast"
"However, no streets will be blocked, as they will be enclosed on the sidewalks
"Expect a very collaborative public"

"Escape routes?" Said Mark with a slightly angrier tone.

"There are helicopters at the National Diet Building and Akasaka Press Center"
"There will also be one more in Shiba Park next to Tokyo Tower"
"There are less than 2 kilometers at any extraction point"
"Any of them immediately to the airport to return to the presidential plane and leave the country as soon as possible"
"We can get the President out of the country in less than 15 minutes"
"In addition, the aircraft carrier USS Essex will have its flight group ready to go at all times so that they can act as an escort"
"The JSDF will also be using their jets to fly over the city during the entire visit"

"What about the special squadrons?"
"Where are they waiting?" Mark interrupted

"The anti-bomb squad is at the embassy"
"The chemical disasters ones too"
"Snipers are taking positions at key points today, their locations are secret"
"Nuclear teams are checking the whole city with their equipment looking for any trace of radiation"
"In the next few days, they will start checking the sewers as well"

This was no longer a coincidence, he was trying to make me look bad in front of others and show that he was superior to me, something else was brewing. Xi'an must have thought the same thing as she left her seat at the back of the room to walk near him without being noticed by the others.

"Battlegroup?" Mark interrupted again 

"There is the Motorcade that always accompanies the president"
"Electronic Warfare Suburbans, Secret Service Counter Assault Team, WHCA Roadrunner and all that"
"Two MRAPs each with a Navy SEAL team"
"This military base also will be fully staffed on high alert"
"100 U.S Army Soldiers"
"All Carrier Strike Group 5 personnel"
"Which also has the Arksuit Cyclone Team"
"Along with the rest of the local security personnel providing support"

"I believe that at this point we have more U.S. Army personnel than Japanese security personnel" said Cedric jokingly.

"What about you?"
"Will your security team they are also going to be protecting our president" Mark  asked cleverly

"Excuse me?"  I was taken by surprise because I didn't think they would ask about it.

"Your security team"
"That mysterious group of girls"
"Moon and White I think they were some of their names"
"Weren't they the ones who managed to save the President during the battle of New York?"
"From an enemy base and alone"
"They are certainly quite valuable assets, we must also have them to protect the president"

"Mark, my dear"
"You are an important and smart person, so I will try to talk to you directly"
"Because I'm sure you're a big boy who knows how to take other people's words without crying"
"..."
"My security team works for me, it is not up to them to protect him"
" This task of scheduling all security isn't my job, to begin with"
"You think I'd stoop to doing this for nothing in return?"
"I have weeks of non-stop work"
"The job of protecting the president is the job of the people sitting here in front of me"
"You're getting your assignment ready and all you have to do is say Yes Ma'am with a yell as you do in the military"
"And yet you can't even get that right?"

"You can't do this!"
"You are betraying your country!"
"These assets are ours first and foremost!"

"What country am I betraying? Not mine, as far as I remember"
"I don't even have U.S. citizenship, to begin with."
"Technically speaking your government and I have no relationship."
"Right now you are talking to a civil immigrant from Central America who came to work in Japan"
"Second, what assets in the first place?"
"We are talking about people who also have no relationship with the U.S. military"
"They are doing the job of my bodyguards, not the president"
"Don't confuse loyalties just because their objectives were once aligned"
"Third, you can talk to your superiors if you want to about what you just said"
"You're going to be court-martialed for trying to force someone foreign to join the military against their will"
"And I will personally make sure to bring the case before the Alliance high command"
"That way all countries can have a share in your public execution"
"I'm sure the Germans and French would love to have that head of yours"
"Isn't that right, Mr. Spotlight?"

I said to him revealing my hidden card to ensure his future cooperation, whether he wanted me to or not.

"But how?" he said, even more surprised. 

"Come on, are you trying to beat me at my own game?"
"I was on your boat for months, you think I wouldn't do anything in my free time?"
"I have all the information about what happened."
"Try anything funny and I'll destroy your life with a single click"
"Your dear government will have to send you to hanging by television to satisfy the other countries"

The visit was soon over as no one asked any more questions after Mark realized how screwed up he was and that he was actually dancing on my hands even during the war. He just learned a very important lesson today, not to piss off important people, one that he will surely have to put into practice much later on. Just to make sure he didn't really try anything I told Xi'an to pay him a visit on his own ship and bother him to give him a taste of the world he was getting into, something like hitting him a little and telling him how many times he could have died if I had wanted to, maybe put something to paralyze him in his drink so he would be careful how he talked to me from now on.

When I got off work I got in touch with Tamamo so that Elise wouldn't escape from her torture session, sorry, I mean search for dresses. After tricking her into going out for pizza we managed to take her to the clothing store to find something for her.

"Help!"
"They want to kill me!"
"I can't breathe!"
"Help me!"

"Come on don't be a crybaby"
"It's just a slightly smaller bra, it's not the end of the world"

"I can't feel my legs!"

*RRRRIP*

"And there goes the bra"
"We will have to pay for destroying it" Tamamo said concerned.

"You knew perfectly well that this would happen"
"Why we're doing this in the first place?"
"The ones that are tailor-made work well enough."

"The problem is that you have to find with the President."
"You can't go too much ...... you"
"We have to make your breasts look smaller before there's a fuss"
"At least make them look like something that a girl would have and not a cow"
"If you can look down at your shoes it should be enough"

"That's a losing battle"
"I gave that up a long time ago"

"Hell"
"And this was just the first step"
"I thought after this I'd find you a dress"
"It will also have to be handmade to help us conceal it"
"How much will it cost?"

"But I already have clothes for that at home"

"You're not going like a skateboarder for a meeting with the president!"

"The last time I was with him I gave him a gun and we killed like 5 people."
"I don't think he cares about clothes after that"

"Okaa-san"
"I have an idea that could help hide the breasts"
"But I think it will be a bit more difficult"

"Whatever it is, I don't care"
"Tell me now"

"How about using this?"
"Together with a sports bra"

"A white ribbon?"

"It is a traditional Japanese garment"
"A kind of traditional bra for women to call it in some way"
"We passed it around several times, quite strongly, together perhaps a kimono should be able to look like a normal girl"
"I hope"

"I still haven't heard the part where I can breathe with that"

"Very easy, use photosynthesis"
"Tamamo, pass me that"
"I'm going to do it myself!"

"HELP!"

After almost 2 hours of searching for a way to shape Elise's body we managed to find a way that would really look like a little girl, I wanted her to wear a western dress but Tamamo's idea worked better so we went for this one. The only thing missing is that Elise doesn't faint while wearing it, just in case of a clothing emergency, whether due to an unforeseen tear or something else. I had the other one made too, custom-made as always because this girl doesn't fit into anything normal.

17