Ch. 1 Useless system
356 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Owwwwww.... my head hurts..... Looks like I ate something wrong from last night."

Bang massaged his head while squinting his eyes. He had often experienced food poisonings from food left-overs that he ordered. He would usually order ton of food and leave them in his room to eat at a later date.

His room would usually be filled with cartons, plastics,  and rotten food splattered all over his room. He didn't care much since no one would see it and no one would care. He always had plans to clean it but ends up playing games and watching shows on his couch.

His room was considered a small apartment, but Bang always felt comfortable with the way he can reach anything he wanted without walking.

He never turns on the light and the curtains in his room was always draped with a thick sheet which looked like it hadn't been washed since it got bought. He would just use the flashlight in his phone whenever he needed a light source.

With his eyes closed, he noticed the light of the sun seeping through his eyes which annoyed him to the core.

"Did I turn on the lights? Why is it so bright in here?"

He finally opened his eyes and saw the blinding light of the sun. He had to cover his eyes just to see what the hell happened to his dim apartment that made it so bright.

"What the FXXX"

Bang exclaimed while scrunching his eyebrows. He could not believe what he was seeing. Instead of his cramped apartment, all he saw was the vast ocean greeting him with a cold breeze. In the horizon, was filled with a dark blue ocean that meets with the light blue sky.

Before he could even slap himself awake from this dream, he heard a voice.

"Welcome owner, to the world of Mundu"

He quickly looked around to see if anybody spoke that but quickly realized that he was alone.

The voice he 'heard' didn't have a voice. It was like his own thoughts that spoke to him. It's a very eery phenomenon to 'hear' yourself talking.

"What? Are you a system? Did I reincarnate like those characters from novels?"

He had read many novels that had the same format that he was now seeing in real life.

He had just read power fantasies in order to pass the time, but now he is in a power fantasy.

Deep in his heart, he felt excitement and relief. An unfamiliar feeling overcame him. When was the last time he felt this way? Was it when he was a kid when all the worries of the world didn't exist?

This was a chance for a clean slate. A new beginning. All the burdens he had in his past life is now a fleeting memory. In this new world, he shall a carve a new path for himself. A path where he is the most powerful being in this world.

"YES!!!!!" exclaimed Bang

"What cool powers do I have? Do I control gravity? Can I use all the elements here? Oh! Oh! Can you help me master all kinds of powers?!"

Bang could not hide his excitement. This was the dream of all men. A romance only people like him could understand.

He awaited patiently for the reply.

"No master, I can only power up your allies"

What? Did he hear wrong? There must be something wrong right? Did the system malfunction?

"What???????" 

Bang asked again for confirmation to what he just heard. Maybe that is just one of my powers right? Like all main characters in the novels, he also has to be OP right?

"Please follow my instructions to assemble your crew."

"Crew?...CREW?!!!..... What crew????? I don't care about those, I just want my power!!!" exclaimed Bang

"I am your power owner"

The system said this in a very nonchalant way. It did not care bout the outburst that just came out from Bang.

Bang felt very angry at this useless system. In his past life, he always took care of himself. He didn't have any friends or family that he was in contact with. He was a very antisocial teen who did not care about anybody except him. The thought of other people powering up except him angered him.

He looked around and saw himself. He was the same 18 year old teen at a height of 170 cm. The only difference was that he lost all the fat that surrounded his body before.

This new body of his looked fit. A little malnourished even. Bang would take this body over his previous one in a heartbeat.

He always had plans to work out and lose weight but always failed to take a step outside his apartment.

In comparison to what he was wearing before he reincarnated, this outfit is disgusting. He was wearing a plain white collared t-shirt and brown shorts. It looked dirty and has some holes in different parts of it making him seem like a hobo.

He always wore pajamas and shirts that were soft to the touch and comfortable to sleep in. That was one thing he missed in the previous world.

'Did I run away or something? Why am I so dirty?....Hey system, why am I like this?'

'.........'

Hearing the unresponsiveness of his system, his blood boiled again in anger.

"If you're not gonna answer me then what good are you?!"

Bang shouted in anger

"I suggest owner to keep quiet"

"Huh???!!!!?!!??? Who are you to command me?"

As Bang was about to stomp his foot in anger, he heard the rustling of leaves on his back.

He quickly turned around and saw a dense forest that contrasted the ocean that he saw opposite this. It looked dark and damp which did not let any light seep through the leaves.

He heard the commotion get louder and louder indicating something is coming.

He could not move and his body was paralyzed from fear. This was an unknown place where his life could be in danger. He had not even started his new life and he might die already.

He cursed his system once more for being useless

'Can you figure out what is coming? Its the least you can do.'

'You do not have any wisdom to spend to unlock mini map. Please follow my instructions to gain more wisdom'

'What? Wisdom?? Whats that? Is that the exp equivalent in this world?'

Before the system could even retort, he saw four figures jump out of the forest with speed and power.

These figures were very muscular and strong just by their stature alone. They have a very tanned skin which made them look orange in the sun.

They only wore pants and displayed their humongous body for all the world to see. They were clearly proud of their achievements, which they should be.

If they were on Earth, Bang would bet that they would win in any body building competition they entered. They even had the tanned look all set up.

They stopped their dash when they saw Bang. They locked eyes and the muscle heads smiled in delight. Their eyes looked like an animal catching its prey.

"We finally caught you now.."

"There's no where to run boy"

"Don't worry, we won't hurt you. You are very valuable alive."

"......"

All the muscle heads got a turn to speak but the fourth one stayed silent. He just observed Bang, like a tiger about to pounce.

Bang felt that they guy who stayed silent was the most dangerous of them all. He was also the most muscular of them all and taller than the rest.

'Fxxx!!!! What the hell?!?! What am I supposed to do??? Is there no tutorial here?!'

'I suggest owner to take out your sandals and put them in your pockets'

'HUH?!?!?!? What good would that do?!?!!!!!! Are you a useless and idiotic system?'

'Please follow my instructions in order to gain wisdom'

That was the retort that his system replied in order to satiate his anger

'Fxxx, I'm getting ordered around by this useless system...... I have no choice because I can't do anything else... FINE!!! Whatever.... I'll follow you this time..'

As he was about to move and bend down, he suddenly felt that he had to say something. It was like another thought that instantly came in his brain.

The difference from a normal thought is that it came from an unknown source. It was the system who gave him a sentence.

"Wait, wait, wait.... All that running really hurts my feet"

Bang said that as he was bending down and massaging his feet. It felt weird saying that since it did not come from his own mind.

It felt like someone is controlling him to say it, but Bang knew that he could have not spoken it and just ignored it.

Massaging his feet, he stored his sandals on his shorts by putting them in the garter on his waist.

'You have gained 5 wisdom points. Congratulations owner for receiving your very first points. As a bonus, please jump off the cliff.'

8