Ch. 2 Trust fall exercise
221 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Ha...........Wha...............Did you ju-........’

 

Bang quickly ignored the idiotic suggestion of his system. In fact, did he even hear something? No that was just the wind, in fact he is deaf from this point onwards.

 

“JUMP?!?????? Are you crazy, system???????”

 

Bang couldn’t hold it anymore and just shouted in irritation. His voice reverberated through the forest and startled some birds which flew away in fear.

 

The sound of wings flapping followed suit after Bang’s unexpected shout. The muscle heads looked at each in confusion, looking for the perpetrator who drew the ire of Bang.

 

Even the man who was the de facto leader of the muscle heads seemed confused. If Bang could hear the man’s thoughts, he would hear how crazy he looked to other people.

 

Although confused, the man leading this group realized one thing, Bang might jump in the cliff as a last resort. He planted his feet firmly and took a lower stance than before and readied himself for any sudden movements.

 

Seeing the commotion he perpetrated, Bang quickly shut his mouth. He took a glance at his back and saw that with a few steps in, he would be falling to a sudden death.

 

He didn’t see this cliff before because of the adrenaline surging through him when he realized how useless his system was.

 

He didn’t see what was below the cliff but he was pretty sure that it was filled with stones because of the crashing water sounding out even up the cliff.

 

The impending death a few meters behind him was like a cold water splashing him out of his stupor. Now was not the time to argue with himself. He had to get out of this situation other than going off the cliff.

 

He looked at his left and right looking for a way out. He was depressed realizing that this cliff spanned the whole entire forest and he had nowhere to go.

 

‘Should I just try and outrun them? No, those muscles look like it wouldn’t impede their speed and instead boost it.’

 

‘Fxxx am I really gonna die here?’

 

Out of options, Bang became more and more flustered as the muscle heads slowly creeped their way to him.

 

He was debating whether he should surrender himself or just take the plunge in his probable death. Like in his past life, Bang was an indecisive person. He could not even decide where he would go to college and in the end, he dropped out and never even went anywhere.

 

Both of these situations were life-changing for Bang, but this one is actually LIFE-changing by the fact that he could actually die and reincarnate another time.

 

Before he could even decide, the leader of the muscle heads decided for him. He saw the leader drop down and accelerate at inhuman speeds towards him.

 

He could see the ground crack in his feet as the leader’s muscles contracted and fired towards Bang.

 

In panic mode, Bang didn’t know what to do and let his instinct kick in. He decided to follow along the system’s plans and jump off the cliff.

 

He took two steps to his rear and jumped backwards, still keeping an eye on the leader who was very close to catching him.

 

Once he jumped off the cliff, he was a little bit relieved that at least one of his problems was solved. He only had to worry about his impending doom in the crashing waves.

 

As if in slow motion, he suddenly saw the muscle head jump towards him and reach out to his legs.

 

He was caught unprepared as he didn't expect a suicidal fool to follow him into the depths. The muscle head was unfazed at the risk he was taking and just reached for Bang's foot.

 

Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning in his brain, he had a thought about the sandals that were in his waist. It was telling him to throw the sandals to the muscle head’s arms in order to divert it.

 

Like a hail mary, the sandals hit the man’s arm and made him miss the chance of catching Bang's foot. Seeing that he had failed in catching the kid, he felt sorry for the waste of life that happened.

 

He suddenly reached out his hand to a ledge on the cliff and stopped his fall. He did not have any trouble hanging on this cliff with only his fingertips as support.

 

He looked down and thought to himself

 

‘What a waste of life..... he could have fetched for a high price too.’

 

Falling down the cliff, Bang underestimated the height of his fall. He could feel the air resistance as he falls further and further into the cliff.

 

He could now smell the brine and saline water that will act as a landing ground for Bang. A literal flat ground with the way he is falling coupled with his accelerating velocity.

 

Another thought came into his brain and commanded him to straighten his body and put his unfolded arms in his head to make a diving position. He didn’t have time to argue with the system as the water was getting closer and closer in his face.

 

Falling head first and with this head firmly supported by his arms, Bang dived into the water like a professional swimmer.

 

He closed his eyes and held his breath as he felt the pressure of falling into the ocean from a height of a 70 meters.

 

His body felt like it had bruises and cuts all over him. It was only because of the adrenaline pumping through him that he was able to ignore the pain and focus on the most important thing, survive.

 

As he started to swim upwards, he saw a shiny, glowing sphere in the middle of one of the rocks. This immediately caught his attention and stared at it, hoping to find out more about this thing.

 

He suddenly heard a voice in his head

 

‘Essence of Limaw spotted. I urge owner to grab it as fast as he can. Additional 10 points of wisdom will be awarded if owner could survive with the essence’

 

Even before the system could finish it’s sentence, Bang already started to swim towards the glowing sphere.

 

‘This must be a fabled treasure..... An essence? That must be a cultivation resource. HAHAHAHA with this, I won’t need the system’s help and power up by myself.’

 

Before Bang could even marvel at the luminescence of the essence, his instincts kicked in and he swam quickly to the right.

 

He then looked back and saw a giant crab, bigger than the king crabs back at Earth. No, this crab is as tall as he is and those pincers could slice his whole body in two.

 

‘System had to override owner in order to survive. Penalty of 5 wisdom points will be deducted.’

 

He couldn't care less about the words that are in his brain right now because all of his attention was on this giant crab.

 

‘What. The. Fxxx.’ is the only thing Bang could think of. He has read monsters and creatures more humongous and terrifying than this crab, but seeing it up close and personal really scared the bajeebies out of him.

 

‘What should I do system????? What now? We’re in this together partner!’

 

Bang had no choice but to try and befriend the system as long as it keeps saving him. Especially now that his mind isn’t working from fear, he really needs the instruction.

 

He thought about how the characters in the novels were never fazed when going up against monsters. What a load of bull?!-$. Its freaking terrifying even just seeing a monstrous creature in your face.

 

Then in a split second, a series of actions formed up in his brain. A command that Bang immediately followed without hesitation.

 

Like in his thoughts, Bang quickly threw the essence to the top of the sea in order distract it and change it’s attention from him to the essence.

 

The crab used its legs as a spring and immediately sprang forth with so much momentum that it created waves in the ocean.

 

After distracting the giant crab, he went near the rocks and grabbed pebbles that could fit in his hands. He then swam up and got near the crab making sure that the crab still had it's attention to the essence.

 

He then threw the rock in the crab’s direction, aiming for the eyes of the creature. With the water pressure in the ocean, a rock throw would not have enough momentum and would slowly lose it’s force. Thankfully, he got close to the crab and some of the rocks he threw hit the bullseye.

 

The crab wailed with a muffled sound and grabbed it’s eyes. As a defense mechanism, it's compound eyes went back into the shell and recuperated.

 

Bang took this chance and swam up and grabbed the essence.

 

He swam like his life depended on it, which it was, and hoped that the crab was injured enough to give him time to swim ashore.

 

He thanked the gods that he was now in a fit condition and not fat and chubby body like his previous one. He could only shudder at the thought of outrunning this creature while sinking due to his blubber.

 

He swam and swam until his feet finally reached sand and he sighed in relief. He was finally safe. Finally away from the terrifying pincers of that crab.

 

‘The crab wouldn’t come here, would it?’

7