Chapter 42: I’m luggage, a very troublesome baggage.
1.2k 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After things were dealt with,
Jake soon left our group with a tired expression on his face as he said.
"I'll need some time think, about this." were his words.

The group explained to him about Estel and her grandfather's circumstances and the reason it was kept quiet from everyone in the academy. Aside from that, the reason why Estel had calmly exposed herself to him is due to one fact.

Jake owed Estel for the time she had broken his curse.
Even though his heirloom was able to be put to good use,
It was simply a coincidence that he had chosen to give it to her during that time.

Hence she did not feel any kind of attachment or debt to him in regards to what had happened.
Though, she felt that calling him a friend would be suitable due to the faith he had given her.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Magic and accidents //
After Jake left, the group soon left the Training area.
As they walked outside Estel caught the glimpse of the young lass earnestly working.
But Leanne then caught her shoulders as she then told her.

"You should give up on that, Estel.
That girl can never see again."

"Eh?...
What do you mean?"

She then said,

"The Order of Light already made an attempt to cure her eyes,
Due to the potential she possessed.
Unfortunately, when they tried to heal her...

Well, let's simply say that light magic failed to cure her eyes."

"Why?" she asks.

Lana then said.
"Because she was already been born with that illness.
I tried to scout her once, during my stay here...
Unfortunately, after looking up her profile.
It was deemed that she cannot be cured by magic."

Estel could only frown as they said these words, she then said.
"I... understand."

As they soon left, the area to prepare for their next class.

...

...

...

As they reached the rooftops, once again they continued their training.
Leanne with repeatedly electrocuting herself by invoking the spell within the scroll.
With Lana constantly watching her, as she practiced a bit of ice.

Estel, on the other hand, was constantly trying to control her ability to store more object with her shadow. But her grandfather then complained.

"There are other things we could learn you know?
Such as using your wings to fly, perhaps?"

As he mentioned this Estel face swiftly showed an instant refusal.
as she then explained to him.

"If I could somehow carry pieces of armor and their respective weapons,
Then I can create a puppet at any time and any place." which was the actual purpose of her training.

Her grandfather couldn't retort to her wish.
Being able to manipulate puppets and binding opponents was currently her only way of self-defense.

For someone who had only recently discovered how to use her ability to control the dark attribute.
Using advanced spells such as mixing attributes or curses were still too much for her to handle.
So he settled with her learning one of the few basics.

Though, he wished for something a bit more suited for defending herself.
Unfortunately, he couldn't come up with anything aside from manipulating her own shadows.
Because the dark Attribute possesses a difficult learning curve to properly use in combat or even in practice without accidentally hurting oneself.

Until then he must be patient in teaching her anything that could be too dangerous.

Unfortunately for her grandfather, his own impatience got to him.
As he decided to teach her a certain offensive spell which was both harmless yet useful.
It was called, 『Vaccum』

By Stretching her own shadow from a distance, she then produced a powerful pulling force as she conjured it, but as she focused on the vacuum she lost control of her own shadow as the pulling force were dragged towards her.
 
Unfortunately as the prepared magic circle to halt the spell were activate it was already too late. Her own clothes were dragged by the vacuum, causing a large piece of her own clothing to be torn away from her. Revealing her own underwear to both her grandfather and Seid.

It was at this moment, Estel had a blank expression.
As the two gazed away as her grandfather offer her a set of new clothing.
She then gazed at the sky before smacking both of them in with embarrassment and anger.

________________________________________________________________________________

Time: Evening

Leanne laughed at the whole scenario while they went home, as she said
"I can't believe you just stripped yourself like that!?
Ahahahaha"

Lana, however, was only grinning while she teased her.
"She is quite generous, I bet Seid caught a good glimpse of that."

With her face steaming in embarrassment she ran towards their own room leaving the two behind.
She then made a small detour away from the building.

It was this moment when Aisha had began to ask her.
"I can feel an emotion of anxiety and frustration coming from you.
Is something disturbing you?"

She shook her head to it, then said.
"Do you think, it's possible to replicate those tears we used to save our sister?"

It replied with a grumpy retort,
"Please don't tell me,
You intend to waste our precious strength to cure that blind child.
Did you not hear her words magic cannot heal her."

She then replied.
"Yes, if it was just normal magic.
But our tear's are different isn't it?" her armlet then deeply exhaled as it managed to read her thoughts, It then said with a grumpy voice.

"Yes, they are different and just like you just imagined,
The fact it was capable of restoring a ruptured heart, torn flesh, and bones in a mere instant.
It may also be possible that it, could restore eyes that couldn't manifest.

But you should remember that during that moment,
I won't be awake the moment we perform it.
Are you sure about this?"

Estel then said.
"Yes."

Aware it was a gamble, she walked alone within the academy.
Her destination was the stall where the young blind lass was.
She was setting up, preparing to leave the stall.

But a man then approached her, as Estel gazed at him.
She could recognize him as Levere Art's. [Chapter 14]
The young entrepreneur who Leanne teased her about.
Estel could only believe that he was the one who gave her work within the academy.
As he carried the objects, she followed him while tugging his cloth from behind.

Estel followed them, like a bystander from behind.
A moment passed by they soon entered a tall building within the academy.
It was then at this moment something grabbed her shoulders from behind.

________________________________________________________________________________

//Caught//

"Hyiii!" As she turned her head, Lana then appeared in front of her.

"What are you doing young lady?
Leanne was worried sick when we returned to our room and you weren't there.
She sent me out to fetch you when Leanne pointed out a hunch of where you were."

Estel fidgetted in embarrassment as she gazed at the building she was gazing at.

Lana then deeply exhaled.
"That building is Art's private sector within this place.
His staff works there and provides business here." As Lana walked toward it while pulling her hand.

Estel gazed at her in confusion.
"Eh?"

"Aren't you here to try and heal her eye's?
Let's go then..."

With Estel's puzzled look, she could only look at her stout and tall back as she leads her.

But, in Lana's thoughts its faster for Estel to give up on healing her eyes after failing.
The fact that the Order of light failed to heal her was a grim reality she believed she must accept for her to mature.
________________________________________________________________________________

// What do we, do now? //

As they entered the building, it was a busy place where staff members relaxed and dealt with their tools. The two then reached the front desk of the place as Lana asked.

"Please allow us to speak to Fae Arts." As Estel heard the word Arts at the end she felt troubled.

The receptionist then asked.
"Are you a friend of her's? or a relative?"

Lana with a bored expression then pulled out the emblem of the royal family.
The receptionist swiftly moved in a mere instant to direct us to where her room was...
After going upwards to the fourth story of the building.

We then saw a wide door.
Estel felt anxiety just by looking at it,
"Um-"

Lana then pressed the button on the side.

As it made a chime inside.

The person who greeted us was none other.
Than Levere Art's himself.
________________________________________________________________________________
// Levere Art's //

With spiky red hair and dark eyes wearing a simple business coat.
He then said.

"What a pleasant surprise.
For Leanne's guard to be here without her own princess.
Had you chosen to work for me instead?" With a charming smile, he said to her.

Lana replied,
"Levere, as I said before...
You need to serve my princess before I accept such an offer." He then frowned.

"What a shame." He then glanced at Estel who was currently stiff on the side, but he showed disinterest in her as he recalled her as the maid he had met before.

"Then, why exactly are you two here?"

Lana winked at him as she said.
"We came to meet your sister Fae.
Is she here?"

He then said with a menacing aura.
"Oh? did my sister do something wrong."

Lana then said a simple phrase to him.
"You siscon."

He gives her a bored look as he gazed at her, then deeply exhaled while rolling his eyes.
"Fine, but no funny business.
Come in."

As they soon entered the room, the place was littered with fancy gadgets, knickknacks a variety of magical tools were present as they moved around them. Be it for simple cooking or moving golems that seem to possess a single function like blowing wind similar to a fan in her time.

Estel could only be at awe at what she was looking at.
Lana, however, remained calm and composed, almost as though she had been here before.

Estel then whispered to Lana.
"So... is it true he's a siscon?"

Which she replied.
"He denies it wholeheartedly even if it doesn't show in his face.
Though, he had quite a streak of crushing any men who go after his sister."

He then smacked his face with his hand and said.
"Shut up! It's just a coincidence that those wolves tried to take advantage of her,
all because she's blind." as he retorts while leading them to a room.

As he opened the door, her blue hair and closed eyes turned towards them in a wheelchair.
The place was littered with a chirping bird and a small dog at her side.
It barked at them as strangers entered her room.
She then asked.

"Is that you brother?" to which he replied.

"Lana came to visit you again," he told her as she then said.

"Ah... it's been a long time,
Lana are you doing well?" she cheerfully asked her.

To which she replied.
"Yes, I'm fine."

Her brother then left the room, as he lightly closed the door.
Lana gazed at Estel with expecting eyes.

"Try it," she said to her.

But Estel only approached her as she held her hands while saying.
"Would you please come with us?"

"Eh?" Lana gives her a puzzled look.

Fae then replied as she shook her head.
"My brother would never allow it.
Also... may I ask who you are?"

Estel shook her head with a troubled expression, as she then turned to Lana with a serious gaze.
"Please, distract her brother for a bit."
Were her words as Lana could only give her a bored and troubled expression.

"You're not intending on kidnapping her?"

"Are you?"

Estel shook her head, as she gazed at Lana with a bored expression.
"Do you think I'm that much of an idiot?
It would only draw too much attention."

"I just wanted to speak to her in private."

As she said those words, Lana deeply exhaled as she replied.
"Fine...
Just don't do anything reckless." Were her words as she left the room.

Estel then turned to Fae to answer her.
"Could you keep a secret?" as she said these words, she made her move.

________________________________________________________________________________

// The Owl's Prediction. //

While Art's made a few drinks and began to cook, the scent of fresh bacon were released in the air as its aroma reached Lana's nose. As she approached him with her footsteps.

He then said.
"Weren't you guys here for my sister?
Why are you here?" giving her a suspicious look.

She then sat on a chair and nonchalantly said to him.
"The one who had business with your sister isn't me.
It's the person who was with me."
She then pulled out a letter from her pocket and handed it to him.

"Did the Owl suddenly lost her will to talk to me personally?" to which Lana replied.

"My master is currently suffering from her training.
But that doesn't mean she still can't bite back at you."

As he opened the letter he then saw a single sentence.

("Do you believe in miracles?")

He gave the letter a puzzled look as she gazed at Lana.
She then said,

"She told me to tell you.
To Look behind it, if you believe in them.
Burn it, if you don't."

As she said those words, he turned the letter behind it in curiosity in the back of his mind.
A single sentence was once again written in it.

"You Now, Owe Me One."

His eyes went wide open as he saw it.
But then a bright light came from the closed door of his sister room,
As he then cried out.

"Sister!" as he dropped his work running towards the doorknob,
The sound of a locked door that refused to open.
In his desperation, he then pulled out a strange weapon from his side.
Pointing it at the knob as it made the sound of an explosion.

Tearing the doorknob of his sister apart.
But as he tried to push it, the door still refused to budge.
The sound of barking dogs and panicking birds were resounding inside it.

In his troubled mind, he wondered.
[What the hell is happening!?]

He gazed at Lana with desperate eyes,
But as her own eyes gazed at him,
She simply smirked at him.

Lana who was sitting in his chair, calm and uncaring.
Almost as though she had already predicted the outcome.

As the damaged and broken door then began to creakily open beside him.
He then once again saw Estel with her glistening silver hair on the floor, beside her sister.
Her blue hair braided on her shoulder and eyes then began to open it's grey color.

________________________________________________________________________________

// All According to the Plan. //

The noise of her pet dog suddenly grew silent as Fae petted it, the panicking bird had begun to calm down. Fae looked at the desperate and troubled expression of her brother's face.

She then asked with a worried expression.
"Brother, why did you break down my door?"

With these words alone, fell tear from his eyes as he began to kneel.
As he understood, she could finally recognize him now.

Lana then came from behind him, as she said.
"Because he's an overprotective, siscon."

She then turned to gaze at Estel who was wheezing and drained from her work.
As Lana passed by Levere with disinterest, she then picked Estel who was on the ground.
Picking her up like luggage, she then said to Fae with one finger close to her lips.
"Keep everything, you saw here a secret."

"Alright?"

She nods to her while gazing directly at her as Fae said.

"I promised her "that" after all."

As Lana then was about to cross path with him,
He then held her hand with a question in mind.

"How...
She was deemed as incurable?"

Lana simply said,
"Does it really matter?
You still owe us one."

As she pulls away from his hand,
She then left the room as he heard her footstep leave their home.

His own sister then approached him, as she embraced his kneeling brother.
"Brother, everything will be fine now." were her words.

It was then he cried his heart out to her.

...

...

...

As Lana returned to their room with Leanne resting on her bed.
"She did something ridiculous again.
Didn't she?"

"Yes," Lana replied as she then gently placed Estel to her own bed,

The two could only give her a troubled look.
As they were aware, that it will soon draw the attention of unwanted guests.
However, Leanne gave a wide grin as she was now one step forward, toward her goal.

See, certain chapters are missed  if i kept the old one. =3=

33