Chapter 43: Once again, I’m stuck like this…
1.1k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During that night in their room.

"I had a hunch...
The moment Estel shamelessly broke my mother's curse.
Her ability to use light magic likely surpasses the norms if even the Order of Light was unable to properly do the things she had done." Were Leanne's words to Lana who was changing Estel's clothes that is currently unconscious.

Lana then replied.
"I didn't particularly see what she did, but one thing is for sure.
This will cause a lot of stir when the students discover her eyes were restored.
She is still quite a popular topic among the noblemen.
If her brother hadn't had any of his own personal guards keep watch of her."

Leanne then groaned while touching her aching head.

"I had hope for her to give up, but given she was still willing to come after her.
Could only mean that this ridiculous girl was about to do something that breaks common sense.
All over again."

Lana then told her.
"It was amusing to watch her brother, though.
Watching him, panic was a fresh of breath air for someone who refused to accept his own flaws.
Though the weapon he carried was something that surprised me."

Leanne asked.
"What weapon?" To which she replied.
 "It looked like some kind of cylinder with a handle that destroyed the door locks in a single press of a button. It functioned like a one-use cannon since he could destroy the door blocking him."

Leanne had a troubled expression upon hearing it as she then asked.
"Look's like trying to make him as an ally was the right choice.
Though, care to explain why her hair remained silver?"

Lana shrugged at her question as she replied.
"Well, it's better to ask her when she wakes up."

With a nod in the head, they soon rested for the next day.
________________________________________________________________________________
// Testing Oneself. //

Hardships were something I've faced the most in my life,
whether the time of when I was a thief that faced misfortune
or as a princess that was caged by the animosity of those around me.

Nothing will happen if the person who had the capacity to do something did nothing.
Nothing will happen even if that person failed, except for a few arguments and complaints.
So why not try?

I've got nothing to lose from doing such a thing.
The only thing that I hoped to gain was at least for me to discover.
If I was still capable of creating the tear.

Though, unexpectedly I discovered the condition to use it.

The first was I required to be in close proximity of the person.
I cannot put it in a container like some kind of potion as Aisha told me it will simply wear off if done so.

The second was
It required an emotion that I experienced before.
Which was the moment I saw the tragedy of my own sister being pierced by the lance.
Recalling it, made me remember the bitterness and loss in my chest,
However, there was one simple thing that I noticed during that time.
As I watched the hole in her chest,
I couldn't help but felt the horrors of the reality I was facing.

Many emotions overwhelmed me.
Anger, frustration, despair, and loss.
In the darkness of my emotion that filled my chest the last emotion that I felt was.
Hope...

I became delusional, wishing for something to happen.
It was the last emotion I recalled the moment I saw Aisha.
A small wish that somehow things will be alright.
It was at that moment a single tear fell from my eyes,
As it fell from my cheeks were the moment I saw my own sister miraculous recovery,
Recalling that moment...

I wasn't sure if I succeeded but a similar light was released,
I felt a sudden weight of my body, the moment the tear fell from my cheek as it fell on her head. The same goes for my body as I collapsed from behind her while hearing the sound of a small explosion.

I felt so weak that I wasn't even able to grab her chair so I can soften my fall.

At that moment the only thing I could do was released the threads from the door.
As it creakily opened my sight then faded black.

Time: Morning.

With my body sour, at least I didn't, find myself in the middle of nowhere anymore.
But Leanne and Lana were gazing at me with expecting eyes with a bored expression on their faces.

I could only tuck my lips inside my mouth as I gazed at them with guilt.
It was the moment I then turned to Lana and asked her.

"What happened? Did... It work?" Leanne then swiftly walked towards me with a paper fan on her hand as she smacked my head in response.

"What do you mean did you do it!? You crazy girl!
Didn't I told you to give up on her!
What were you thinking?"

Her hands fidget as she shyly gazed at her.
"I wanted to see if I was really capable of doing it."

Leanne, on the other hand, is having a stress build up as she said those words.
But she simply deeply exhaled as she said those words.

"I'm fine with you doing something like this.
But what pisses me off the most is the fact you didn't bring us with you!?
If I hadn't sent Lana with you, what do you think that man is going to do to an unconscious girl who was capable of healing someone that even the Order of Light couldn't heal?"

Estel shook a bit as she imagined it.

"Well!?" As she said with an annoyed look.

"I'm sure he wouldn't do something shameless." was Estel's reply.

Lana then said.
"Estel, he would have kidnapped you and escaped from this place.
That man is way more conniving than you think.
How do you think he became such a powerful man who is sought after by multiple nations and practically own his own building in this place filled with prestigious students willing to buy off his goods."

Estel shook from her words, she didn't know such a man was that important as an arrow of worry struck the back of her mind. As Lana further explained.

"The girl you just healed is also sought after by many aristocratic people,

Of course, anyone would be drawn to her when her own brother is technically famous for his trade.
Getting even a piece of his wealth could make an army of their own just by marrying her.

Fortunately, her brother is extremely protective of her, that he always had loyal workers who owed him a debt constantly watching over her. In actual fact, you nearly got caught by them from behind until I arrived and scared them away."

Estel was once again struck with an arrow in her back.
Wealth, Knowledge, and Power without constraints, an entrepreneur who is much more than he looks.

Estel then asked.
"Then what was his sister doing out there working?"

Lana replied.
"She was doing that out of hobby and practice to make her brother delicious food.
It turned into a special business of hers when she thought it would help her brother.
To which he tried to stop her...
Unfortunately, he couldn't bear her enthusiasm when she begged him to work and allowed it."

Estel then said.
"He's really is a siscon isn't he?"

Which both Leanne and Lana nods.
________________________________________________________________________________

// Another problem. //

It was during this moment Leanne asked her.

"But still, why is your hair silver again?" As she said those words.
Estel looked at her hair, she pulled out the hair ornament which her mother had gifted her.
As she looked at the mirror, she had a flustered and worried look.

[It's broken!
It's really broken!
What the heck happened!?] were her first thoughts.

Leanne then had a suspicious and worried look as she asked.
"Could it be? broken."

A large mental arrow struck her stomach as it ached.
"There's no... way... it could be broken." In her denial.

The two could only give her a wry smile as they prepared for the day.

They soon met up with Seid,
Who was already there guarding their door as Estel were surprised to see him.
"Ah, Seid your already here." He silently nods to her in response.

She then asked with her ornament in hand.
"My Mother's Ornament, can you fix it?"

As he took a look at it, his head then shook in response.
Her face reflected with a worried and bothered expression he then said.

"Your grandfather might know a way to fix it."

As he said those words, Estel could only nod to him.

As they walked in the morning, gazes turned towards them as they noticed a change in Estel's hair.
They could not help but pause to look at her, but as they noticed the Owl princess beside her.
None of them were able to properly approach her.

During those few hours in their classes or while walking towards the halls they were subjected to multiple gazes from the students. Her clothing was a matching pair with Leanne making them look like sisters. Though despite Leanne's blond hair and her prestige as a princess, most eyes are on Estels as they walked they soon received a name from them.

*The Watchful Owl that watches over the Moon.*

Due to the fact that anyone who dared come closer to Estel got a glare from the Leanne which made anyone flee. Seid himself was ready to deter any approaching threats but he was being careful and cautious after meeting Jake.

Lana could only give her a wry smile as Estel gave Leanne her thanks.
They soon reached the time where they would meet her grandfather for practice.
But Fae was swift to move before they could reach the building.

She gave the last of her customer their order and abandoned her workplace.
As she rushed to Estel calling out to her name.

"Lady, Luria!" As she gave her small body a wide hug,
she then felt regret as her well modest chests smother her face.

As Estel gazed at her workstation,
It appears there were other workers who took over and temporarily closed it, while watching over her station. Leanne and Lana simply gazed at her in astonishment, but other students were looking at the spectacle as they murmured to one another.

But Leanne then said.

"Fae, we are going to practice.
You should let her go."

She then asked.
"It's not fair, for the princess to hog her to herself.
Can I come and watch?" Which the three of them were alerted.

Lana swiftly shook her head as she told her.
"It's dangerous, you can't!"

She had a bored expression as she said.
"How could it be dangerous when you three are just going to physically train yourselves." The oblivious Fae said. The two huddled together while Estel was stuck on her arms.

Lana whispered to her.
"Your Highness, what should we do?"

"How should I know?
If we brought her along, it will likely traumatize her.
Who knows what that siscon will do if he finds out about it!?"

But as the two murmured to one another.

Estel then asked her.
"Can you handle a weapon?" Fae tilted her head.

"Well... my brother gave me this for self-defense." She then pulled out the same weapon he carried. In Estel's mind, it appeared as a gun with multiple blue jewels embedded on its sides.
She then explained to Estel.

That she simply need to push the button behind it and pull the trigger to use it,
But she then said.

"My brother told me to pull the trigger, at any suspicious man who comes closer to me."
Estel could only shake in panic as she heard her words as she complained in her thoughts.

[Oi!? you siscon!
Why the hell are you giving your own sister a weapon the moment her eyes opened!
And what the flying @#*&# were you telling her to do!?]

Estel told herself to give the man a straight punch to the gut the next time she saw him.
Fae then said with a proud expression.
"I can also control a bit of ice magic like Lana."

To which Lana replied to her.
"Even if you could control them,
You haven't studied any kind of spell to use in order to defend yourself."

She then pouted as she ecstatically complains to her.
"I was blind the whole time!"

But as they remained outdoors the curious bystanders around them grew.
Murmurs like, "Are they related to why she can see now?" started to stir...

As Leanne then said.
"Fine, come with us...
If we stay here any longer,
The crowd would be more troublesome than her."

Estel and Lana nod with a troubled look, Fae had a cheerful expression.
As she was guided inside, similar like always the students were practicing but could not help to see Fae who gave them sweet icy meals was now walking alongside them.

They soon entered the room as Seid was left behind to watch over the door.
It was during that time many glares were directed at the knight watching over the door.

________________________________________________________________________________

// So what should we do. //

As they entered the room,
Leanne and Lana kept Fae from approaching Estel's grandfather as she complained to both of them. As Estel ran towards her grandfather who was calmly sitting down turned away from them.

"Grandpa! I need your help." As she said those words, he swiftly turned to her and ask.

"Oh ho? with what exactly?" his eyes then turned to another newcomer.

But Estel had her ornament problem in mind.
"It's broken," she said while offering it to him.
He picked it up from her hand as he looked at it.

"The spell embedded on it is clearly broken.
Did you accidentally touch it with your scales, perhaps?" he asked.

But Estel could only nod, as it seemed to be the case.
He then said.
"Well, unfortunately, this ornament cannot be restored.
We will need to request another from our kingdom.
I'll have Seid prepare an extra spare with a coating this time."

Estel then complained.
"Eeeeh..."

A twitch came from her grandfather's forehead as he then said.
"Your current hair looks fine.
You look just like your grandmother.
Well, then we should begin our training." As he snapped his finger.

Estel then swiftly cried out to him.
"Wait!"

But it was too late.
The undead idol on his pouch had started to speak,
"Pretty, pretty little souls.
Who will be the next choice...
I... Choose... YOU!"

It was unknown who it had chosen,
But one fact about the idol in his pouch.
The number of undead grew on Leanne and Lana's side.
During the chaos, the sound of ice keeps spreading.

Her grandfather then complained.
"I said no magic!"

As the sound of an icy explosion is heard from their side.
The source was none other than Fae who was carrying the weapon and firing it at the undead.

Instead of fear on her eyes, it was calm and composed.
She then asked the two,
"So this is what you two meant by training, this is quite amazing."

Lana then asked her with a surprised expression.
"Leanne was panicking and screaming when she saw these things,
How are you still calm!?"

Fae scoffed at her as she said.
"Pfft, compared to being in the darkness of my own sights.
I've always faced the world always fearing that the person in front of me, may perhaps no longer be my brother. These things aren't so scary, compared to when I was blind." As she said those words, she fired another shot at an undead as icy projectile froze them while parts of their bodies turned to dust.

Leanne and Lana could only give her a wry smile as they gazed at her in astonishment.
But they soon saw two sets of armor carved a path towards them.
As Estel soon reached them.

"Are you three... al-right?" in her surprise, they are strangely fine as they continued to mow down the undead that came closer to them.

Leanne then said with annoyance.

"We are fine,
But didn't we tell you to stop your grandfather from starting our practice."

Estel could only look at her with a pale expression as she said.
"Sorry, I was a bit too late."

But her grandfather who was behind her gazed at them as he complained.
"I said no magic!
Who the heck is using it?" As he said these words, he had already paused the undead summons.

As he turned to Lana he then saw the newcomer with a strange device.
"A magical weapon?
Sorry, you can't use that here."

She then gives a disappointed expression.
"Awh, why... I was enjoying our training."

He then replied to her.
"This is physical training.
There's no purpose if you rely on such tools!?"

She then pointed at Estel.
"Then what about her!?
She's moving those things with magic right?"

Her grandfather retorts.
"While it's magical in nature, it possesses a physical toll on her.
Most of its attack is physical in nature and doesn't affect the place.
Your's however does.

Inherently, she also needs to take care that she doesn't lose focus and get caught by these things.
So it's technically way harder than it looks." As her grandfather explained it.

Estel was a bit glad that someone understood the struggle of using her power.
But could only deeply exhale as her own grandfather exposed her ability to them.

He then told her.
"Either grab a weapon or get out!"

35