Chapter 47: The Red-eyed Witch and more
1k 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I ran out of title names, Fudge!

During the time Seid was waiting for the Ornament,
the Frost queen mother had a few assistants aids her in finding him.

It was a simple task as he was simply standing by infront of the three gates which produces the portals to different places for both economical purposes and missions. Security within this room was extremely tight, any person who dared come close without any permission are immediately put down and sent to the dungeon for interrogation.

Though, after meeting with one another she swiftly asked him a question regarding Estel's stay in the distant land. As soon the one carrying the Ornament was none other than Esla who was with her fiance. She remained wearing her shadow knight outfit wary of the intruder in the castle.

As for the person she was with,
He was a young man with azure scales on his face and possess a cold aura around him as his blue wings exuded around him while wearing the noble dress worn by his race.

He then cried out.
"Yo-your highness!?" which she swiftly turned to see him with Esla.

"What are you doing here?" Esla asked with suspicious eyes.

She had a bad feeling about it,
The fact that frost queen herself is in front of the gate could only mean...

"So I can speak to your grandfather.
Of course~" was her excuse.

Esla could deeply sigh.
It was clear to her, that the intention is to investigate Estel's Origin.
She groaned as her head ached a bit from her presence.
"I'm coming with you." were her swift response to her.

"Eh!?" With her fiance reacting to her words.
In her mind, she could only think.

[This crazy woman, if she discovered what Estel is...
She would undoubtedly become stubborn about it.
At worst case scenario, my grandfather might end up having a duel with her.]

As she thought of these words, she turned to the few servants instructing them to relay a message to her parents.

________________________________________________________________________________

The Frost Queen Dragon known for her light-blue eyes that gives off a bone-chilling gaze.
She does not harbor any jealousy towards the other concubines as she achieved her goal and title of the Queen. But beneath her interior is an ambitious woman whose main objective is to bring forth prosperity to the nation with her husband the Demon-king resides in.

When she first heard new's of her husband taking in a human female to his castle as his assistant.
She felt the urge and need to swiftly dispatch her, but upon watching her husband work more efficiently with her assistance only then she decided that keeping her at his side would be more beneficial.

As her husband finally found free time with her help.

But that wasn't enough for her, she investigated her Rue and assessed her worth.
Rue the human slave of the castle was watched closely by her.
If she was deemed unworthy or acted as a spy for the humans.
Then she would have a reason to execute her on the spot.

But upon her investigation, she simply found a deeper secret which she held.
Rue was capable of performing tasks that she deemed unworthy of her race.
Using trickery, schemes and other dishonorable ways no matter how cruel.

A strategy she never thought to use, as usually strength is the key to earning the title of the Queen.

In order to aid the demon-king, she acted as his shadow that lurked inside the castle.
A tactician that laid traps for his enemies which were nick-named as the Red-eyed Witch.
When she confronted Rue about it, unfortunately, she saw her swollen stomach.
She calmly said to her with a wide smile.
"I've retired now.
This is my child, you see~" as she rubbed her belly while boasting it to her.

She could only frown while turning to swiftly complain to her husband.
It was the day, where Rue was known to become as the mistress of the demon-king.
Which the queen severely scolded him as his lust for her made him lose an important piece of the castle greatest asset.

However...

Upon Esla's grow her pair of wings revealing in a dark color similar to her father, she could simply see a bright future for her child. It was at this moment, she swiftly introduced her to one of the youngest most promising young male of her clan.

To Esla's dismay, she was unable to reject her offer.
________________________________________________________________________________

// The Red-eyed Witch. //

One-day...
During the Night, within the castle of the demon-kingdom.

The Shadow knight captain who was tracking down the intruder soon found one of his own men to be the perpetrator after having doubts he decided to meet with him once more.
He was one of his apprentices a skilled young soldier who made a name of himself amongst his rank. Still holding a hope that he will somehow give assistance to their real enemy.

Deep inside the castle hall's, he questioned him.
"Tell me... who ordered you to do this?
If you surrender now and tell me,
You might still have a chance to restore your honor."

He then replied.
"Restore my honor?
You who serve, the demon-king like lap-dogs.
Will never understand what that means!" while shouting he drew his weapon.

A strange tool in the appearance of a ball.
He threw it towards him as it ignited.

In an instant, a gigantic ball of fire came at him with intense speed.
An explosion within the night of the castle was heard as fire and smoke had begun to spread.
It was fortunate that the knight captain had requested all the servant away from the vicinity.
There was no loss except for fine decor that can easily be replaced.

But his body was thrown at a large distance as he crashed into one of the walls leaving a crater.
"Tch!" with a click of his tongue, he pulls his limbs and arm away from the walls.
His preparation to trap the traitor had begun, the only dismay he felt was his failure to discover him sooner or at least know the reason for his actions.

As the traitor fled from him, wearing the armor of the Shadow knight he ran in the maze-like corridors of the castle. But as he continued to run, he felt his body growing heavier and heavier without understanding what was happening he stopped.

There were no spells around the area, there were no strings or traps which he could see.
But it felt as though something was coiling around him. It made him uneasy as he looks around him in a panic.

*There was nothing.*

*The fact that there was nothing made him doubt.
He felt a sudden weight around him made him think that there was something.*

As he scanned the area of what's causing his movement to slow.
It was then the shadow knight captain caught up to him from behind.
While steam of hot air gushing through his armor which came from his attack still lingered.
He then asked him a question.

"Tell me, what should you fear in this place?
Is it the demon-king?
The Frost Queen Dragon?
His Concubines and children?
Or I the Knight Captain?"

As the traitor turned to him he removed his helmet in front of him.
His red hair and scale on his face.
The eyes blazing red gazed at him with fury.
It was at that moment he revealed that the young man was from the clan of the red dragons.

He then asked.

"Is that a trick question?
Isn't it obvious that the one I am facing is the one I should fear."

The Shadow Knight captain replied.

"So young, yet you still know nothing of this world
If you still do not intend to surrender.
You will only be met with tragedy, you know?"

To his reply,
"So what!?
As if you can capture someone like me alive!"

With these words, he tried to transform into a dragon.
His armor that was built to accept such changes were however put to a halt.
Something sealed his armor rending him unable to change.
"What... what is going on?"
As his body tried to push his armor out, his body then suffered the straining suffocation that he felt like his inside was being crushed. Blood then came out of his mouth while kneeling on the ground unable to comprehend what was happening.

A backlash from forcing such transformation.

The knight captain who walked towards him then said.

"What's wrong?
If you intend to transform.
Then will simply die a dog's death like this." He said, while holding a sword directed to his head.

His voice then became bitter as he asked him once more.

"I will ask again...
Who is your master?"

But the young youth refused.
"Even if you discover who that person is...
I highly doubt you fools can do anything against him."

As he took a few steps backward while trying to pull out knives from his waist to throw at him
His arms were put to a stop and unable to move as though something had bound it.
Then finally something completely sealed his body, as he felt a sudden tightness across his neck.
Almost being strangled by hundreds of invisible threads across his body rendering him completely unable to move.

A voice of a woman then echoed from behind him.

"You are clearly underestimating this nation if that was the case."

He tried to turn his but his head but was unable to do so.
Unable to comprehend it, unable to understand it.
He could not move no matter how much he desperately tried to struggle in order to see who caused it. Many questions reached his mind but as her hand reached the back of his head.

In a short moment, his vision instantly went dark.

// Aftermath //

As people of the castle soon apprehended the person while binding him in heavy metal with weakening markings used on prisoners he was then lead towards the dungeon.

Rue could only deeply sigh as they soon left the room.

"This is like the third one.
These fools sure did a number on us." Rue complained.

The Shadow Knight captain whose helmet is now off then replied to her.
"To think The Red-eyed Witch would once again ready her threads for us.
Trying to capture this kind of people usually causes a lot of destruction inside the castle.
Yet all he was capable of doing was cause a single explosion."

Rue then voiced her complaint while smacking his head.
"Pull your asses together then!
I retired because I believed in the skills of your people.
Did I somehow spoiled you guys.
On the day where everyone was temporarily under my command." She said rubbing her head in annoyance.

"Not at all, though...
Are you sure that Esla hasn't inherited that ability of yours?
She could potentially help us deal with this threat."

She shook her head then said.
"If she did...
I would have personally sent her to you in my stead,
I am not as young as I used to be you know?"

He then replied.

"Say's the woman who made a second child with our current king.
Tell me, do you intend to make a third?"

Rue replied with an annoyed expression as she said.
"That's none of your business!
Though, it did become really lonely with my two daughters going their own separate ways."

Giving her a wide grin he then said.
"I'll be expecting the next one then.
If that child gained the same talent like yours.
Then it will undoubtedly save us more trouble in capturing our own people like these."

Rue then gave him a swift punch to his gut.  
He was then pulled to the ground while his face fell first straight to the cement as she pushed his head downward in her fury.

"There is a limit to being rude you know?
you perverted old man!?" as she voiced her complaint she then said.
 
"And besides.
My youngest daughter inherited it, you know?"
His eyes swiftly turned to her with shock.

"Eh?
Are you telling me that your youngest child rumored,
As the white dragon is capable of doing this?"
While his face is shoved into the ground while she stepped on it.

Rue answered.
"Pretty much, I taught her most of the basic.
But gave her a warning about exposing it to anyone else.
It would be terrible if someone mistook her as The Witch of the Demon-Kingdom, after all."

It was then at this moment the Shadow Knight Captain could only look at her with a stiff expression. A sudden shock that made him pale at the mistress who once successfully captured cartels and important individuals using her ability to restrain them unknowingly and bringing them back in one piece.

Becoming known also as the boogeyman of their country.

Later that day.

He voiced his complaint in the castle council.
While shouting.
"Unforgivable!, All of you are guilty!" As he tried to arrest everyone inside the place,
The Demon-king could only groan as he had his men drag him away.
He then later discovered from him about Estel inheriting her mother's ability as he groaned in frustration.
________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, our protagonist is currently moping inside her room.
Her silver hair, remained a bother to her as the Order of Light continue to patrol the academy in search of her.

[Why are they still here!?] As she voiced her complaint while gazing at the window.

Oblivious of what was about to unfold.

//Leanne's Pursuit //

As the two walked and gazed at the servants of the Order.
They seemed to pay no heed to their presence.
It was then in their understanding, that their main purpose when they were surrounded.
Was none other than Fae herself.

Lana then asked her.

"So...
Are we intending on using that man as well?" Lana asked her.

But Leanne simply replied.
"After checking up on that man,
He seemed earnest in his goal to save his country.
Although, it did surprise me that he was the first to propose to Estel.

Giving that kind of heirloom to another is a great show of faith to your partner.
Especially that kind of jewelry that someone would commit murder over.

Unfortunately for Estel, who just tried to throw it away.
I don't think she understands the meaning behind it."

Lana could only give her a wry smile while saying.
"What a shame...
If it was a normal girl from this academy.
I bet that person would be flattered and honored."

[But Estel herself isn't a normal person at all!?] were what they both thought while walking there.

The two soon reached the greenhouse as both of them sighed.
While opening the door, there was a reeking scent coming to the place.
As they wandered deeper, the two then saw Jake currently mixing a few chemicals.

He glanced at them and said.
"Ah, I knew you two would become.
If your after the dye's, then they are over there."

The two had a puzzled expression in their faces as they gazed at him in wonder.

Leanne then asked.
"How did you find out, we were coming?"

To his reply,
"I figured, Luria should have lost the color of her hair.
If she took a bath.
So I thought you two will be coming to fetch those."

Leanne retorts.
"That's not it,
hey... wait.
Luria?..."

"That's what I wanted to ask you two.
What exactly is her real name?"

As he gazed at them with serious eyes, his calm composure and manners bothered the two.
With a series of question from Leanne and Lana.
He then explained that upon first meeting her, he failed to recognize her.
But then recalled the glint of silver from her hair when she was leaving.
Upon hearing rumors regarding Leanne guarding a Silver-haired girl.
It wasn't that difficult for him to determine that Estel and Luria is one person.

Confirming his suspicions, he then went to work.

As the three now sat in a table drinking tea.

The two swiftly apologized to him for Estel mischievous actions.
Leanne then said.
"Her real name is Estel,
Luria is merely an alias."

As he heard those words, he felt relieved at her words that it somehow made him happy.
"I see...
So she didn't lie this time." With a blush on his face, he turned away from them.
But Leanne and Lana could only grin in response.

As Leanne then asked.
"So... tell us,
When do you intend to confess to her again?"

He then retorts as his expression soddens.
"I am sorry...
I'm still not insane enough to do that."

Which the two swiftly laughed at his words.
Leanne then slammed the table where they held tea.
As she said.
"I should tell you this now...
But girl's like Estel are the type who will fall for brave men you know?"

His heart skipped a beat as she said those words.
Lana, however, gave her a wry smile as she said.
"But given how capable she is,
Does she really need a guy like him?" His heart crashed instantly the moment she said it.

Leanne couldn't say a word to her response.
Estel thus far, had shown capacity to escape peril with great adaptability.
She couldn't comprehend how on earth would a man have a chance of heroics.
When she technically tip's the odds in her favor.

Leanne image of her was like a puppet master in the shape of a young girl.

She then deeply exhaled.
"Your right,
Sorry, Jake.
Looks like your first love is a lost cause."

Lana however then said.
"She did once said,
It would take the courage of a hero for someone to confess to her."

Leanne then replied.
"But given her father is the demon-king himself.
Isn't that like asking to be obliterated by him?"

"Indeed." while Lana sipped her tea.

Jake was feeling a mix of emotion.
Of both worry and uncertainty, as the three continued their conversation.

31