Chapter 50: This Screwed Up Life of mine -Part 2-
1.1k 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I saw myself strangle the person in front of me.
The First words that I thought were.
"It's all your fault!"

"Because of you, she's gone!"

As tear's blurred my vision with both sorrow and anger.
My own emotion of hatred, melded with another hatred which is not my own.
I heard voices which aren't mine.

"They said, they will keep us safe!"

"They said, they will hide us from our foes!"

"But... in the end!
They simply saw us as nothing more than tools.
Tool's of profit and greed for their POCKETS!"
 
This womans cloth showed me the same design and emblem.
Along with the many faces of people that I have never met.
What is going on? I thought.

It was as though, different kind of anger screamed deep within my soul.

I asked myself this question.
The carriage I rode on crumbled while holding her neck, as she struggled gasping for breath.

________________________________________________________________________________

"The Tormented Souls of the White's."

The carriage which they rode split into half as the coachman saw this he stopped the horses.
Split into two, dust and smoke covered the area the moment it occurred.

The second platoon escort holding bows and swords, along with horses who shot down Lana while fighting the coachman. A total of 30 people, reinforcement in case bristle sent out soldiers to rescue her. Also to avoid being noticed by the current country as bringing a group of military force would draw too much attention.

As the smoke clear's they noticed something odd on the broken half of the carriage.
There she was, standing still strangling the woman but she was already lifeless.

She had a black tail of a dragon as it whipped the earth, her dark hair and darkened scales revealed an ominous presence as the body she held slowly disintegrated.

As everyone watched from afar in horrors how the corpse turned into a pile of bones, she then turned to them.

Upon gazing at their clothes, the symbol of the white dragon their very emblem.
She then said to them with multiple voices of her kin.

"Guilty...
All of you are guilty...
How dare you turn my brethren into your tools!

All we sought for was shelter and a home!" As she said those words to them.

They were puzzled but the fact she killed one of their own inside the carriage made her a threat.

As the aimed their weapons at her and fired their arrows.
The projectiles simply disintegrated before it reached her, like an invisible barrier.

But, a part of her original self then vividly woke as she suddenly felt PAIN.
Seering pain spreading across her body as though it was being scorched by intense heat.
"Agaaah... It... burns!?" as she kneeled to the ground in pain.
In her mind, she simply cried out.

[It hurts, It hurts, it hurts!] repeatedly in succession.

The cause of the burning was none other than her own scales as it began to scald her human skin.
She then asked herself.
"What... what... is happening to me?"

Estel then heard a voice inside her mind.

[O, Child of the Moonlight.
Does it hurt?
Do you wish for the pain to go away?]

To her reply.
"Anything...
Please, let it stop!" as a tear fell from her eyes, begging for it to stop.

A small dragon then revealed itself to her,
It was a similar size like Aisha, except, unlike Aisha who had supported her.
The words it said were.

[Then sleep...
There is no need for you to suffer further.
Give yourself to us, and we will handle the rest.] as it touched her head,
It was then she was swallowed in a dream.

A strange dream of humans with a shining dragon.
At first, it seemed beautiful.
But slowly it turned into a nightmare.
A nightmare painted with blood.
As she then saw how they ripped off their scales.
Turned their goodwill repay with their own blood.
How their own children have been sold into slavery for the sake of coin.

Greed, Hatred, Malice Flowed into her mind.

"ARGH!" as Estel stood in the swirling chaos of her mind.
She screamed while the people around her gazed at her as she tightly held her head.

[It was the day where I understood.
That the fall of the white dragon race.
Wasn't just simple words which Aisha said.

While watching the visions of the dead souls of my own race.
The words inside me grew twisted.
How cruel...
How Merciless...
How Resentful!]

Before I knew it, the anger which are not my own became mine.
And I lost all sense of reason.

The last of her words, I said before I lost consciousness were...

"Somebody... Save me."

A sinister aura was released from where she stood.
The birds and creatures that sensed it instantly fled from the opposite direction,
The horses which the rider rode swiftly knocked off their owners and fled from the vicinity.

The carriage which the coachman was observing me closely, he fell off from the carriage due to the sudden movement making a terrible fall.

The place grew darker as the cloud swirled on top of her.
It then began to rain, as it was also the day...
The Princess of Calamity awoke from her sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Lana's state. //

As Levere ran in the direction where Lana was chasing after Estel...
The rain had begun to fell, the ominous sky made him feel something had happened.
As he walked to see if he could catch up, he then saw a fallen rider in the road.

The horse was pelted by arrows as it was still breathing and bleeding.
But as he turns towards the grassy side of the road, he then paled as he saw it.

Lana was bleeding arrows pierced her body, fortunate enough that she had lived.
But he could only grimace while gazing at her injuries, it was only a matter of time before she bled to death. He wanted to do something to save her, but pulling the arrows will only worsen her current state.

Moving her body would only make things worse.

It was then Levere could only see her odds of survival were extremely slim.

As the water began to fall and soaked his clothes along with washing off Lana's own blood.
He was unsure on what to do.

The second carriage soon arrived from behind him, as Leanne that was on it saw her state could only pale. Four figures with the sound of flapping wings then descended behind him, startled by their sudden appearance he turned to them and pointed his weapon.

"Don't shoot!" Lana cried out to him.

One of the figures revealed herself, which Leanne swiftly recognized, It was Esla.

But the other figure beside her with glowing azure eyes gazed at the wounded woman.
She then asked Esla.
"I am unfamiliar with these folks, care to explain why we idled here?"

Esla could only deeply exhale as she then said.
"Save this woman first, It is one of Estel's few friends."

Upon saying those words she swiftly put herself to work, a single touch from the tip of fingers slowly froze Lana's whole body as Leanne cried out.

"What are you doing!?
You will kill her?"

But the azure eyed woman simply said.
"Looking at her state, she's pretty much dead already." then slightly giggled at her.
Leanne, however, paled as she watched her laugh while freezing her body.
But Esla swiftly stopped her with one hand and closed her mouth as she explained it to her.

"She is only putting her body in a Stasis to prolong her current state.
She won't die from it.
We didn't bring any mender's around.
Even if we did, we don't have enough of them to fully restore her."

The Azure woman then snorted in response.
"Wasting the mender's strength on humans?
Ugh, what a waste of their ability and time.

But since you are a friend of one of my cherished daughters, I'll reconsider this."

Leanne could only groan in her response, as she turned to Esla with a frustrated expression.
But then they saw the shadow of a large wyvern on top of them.
As it ignored their presence and went ahead of them.

The Azure woman then responded.
"Oh my... I believe it's time for us to move."

As she spread her wings and flew following the direction of the large wyvern.
Esla then said to her.
"Don't do anything reckless.
We will come back to pick her up." as she said those words,
The three who were left behind followed the azure woman.

Leanne could only look at Lana with a worried and bitter expression.
As Levere then asked.
"Who were they?"

To Leanne's answer.
"The people we feared the most."

Levere could only grimace as he heard her words.
"Then, we failed."

________________________________________________________________________________

// Arrival. //

Tyr who leapt off his pet wyvern and fell from the sky,
He already knew where he was falling, because...
The person he was searching for was right below him.

As he dropped towards the earth, the water from the rain splashed as he left a crater upon landing.
Gazing upwards he then saw it.

"Seriously, this was what, I was worried about."

He then saw his own granddaughter snap the neck of a soldier with her right arm covered in scales and blood. His eyes then focused on her wings, it was on a disfigured shape that appeared in eerie bones of a dead dragon.

After observing and sensing his surroundings.
He then said to her.

"No survivors."

The wings on her back carried blue light connected to it,
but as she brought one of those light on her hands.
She then began to giggle as a voice then echoed from it.

"Have mercy!
We were only following orders!"

Her skeletal wings then covered the soul, as though embracing it.
Then as it spread, the soul was torn apart with a wide smile on her face.

"AAAAAARGH" the soul faded in mere seconds.

"You are all..."

"Guilty," she said in a happy tone as though like a child.

Her eyes were emotionless, with blood red eyes of a dragon her former self was the direct opposite. Tyr could only grimace as he then pulled out from his shadow a single bone knife.

[To torment them even in death.
Truly what a calamity, You've become.

I can understand this certain fact:
Not everything about the white dragon is beautiful and good.
Even their fate can only be described as a cruel tragedy.]

He readied himself in a position to attack as he rushed with quick acceleration towards her.
While approaching her, he threw the knife in his hand as it reached the barrier which protected her. In a mere instant, it shattered as Estel screamed.

"GAAAH!
How... dare you---" She cried out while falling to the ground.

But Tyr himself continued to move walking towards her as she writhed in pain.
When he was close enough, he attempted to reach for her head to safely knock her out.

Though that was his poor decision the bones on her back were not just simple decor. It pierced his stomach with the immense speed that he couldn't see it coming. Impaling him down towards the ground Estel then cried out.

"USE THE BONES OF MY OWN KIN AGAINST US!"

As she feigned to be in pain, she stood then reached out to his head smashing it down to the ground as the earth shook with incredible force, then began grinding it as she ran with immense speed.

Crackles of the earth while his body grinds the earth, he tried to reach for her hand in an attempt to stop it. But then her bonelike tendrils swiftly pierced both of his hands as he was now helpless against the granddaughter he wished to save.

"HA-HA-HA-HA-HA" A sinister laughter driven by both madness and rage.

 As she toyed with his body like a ragdoll she spun his body around then threw him with immense force. The forest made the sound of breaking tree's as his body took a beating, but it was not over.

The bonelike tendrils were pointed at his direction, as balls of light were produced from its tips.
She then said.

"Disappear."

Multiple beams which are directed at him.
With his body in terrible disposition, he couldn't move nor avoid it.

It was then a mirror of ice was instantly produced in front of him, reflecting the beam as it struck the ground and the tree's around the forest they were in were cleanly cut by it.

A sound of four figures with wings descended beside him.
A voice of a woman then echoed beside him.

"I wondered, where you were going...
I didn't expect the former demon-king would nearly lose his life against a child."

He then replied to her.
"Even I was surprised, myself... *Cough*"
As blood came out of his mouth his wounds then began to rapidly heal.

But there was no time to talk, the five swiftly sensed the killing intent as Estel rushed to attack her foes.

"More... Traitors?" while gazing at them with shining blood-red eyes.

The five gazed at her with intensity.
The bloodlust she emitted was something that threatened everyone within the vicinity.

Her grandfather knowing the danger then shouted.
"Leave this to the Queen and I.
None of you are a match against her!"

As he said those words Estel replied.
"None of you will ESCAPE!"
The tendrils were all directed at them, as she fired them with haste.
The five evaded her attack as it tried to cut them, she left devasting destruction as trees fell around her.

Esla could only grimace as she saw her.
"Is.. is that my sister?" she asked her grandfather could only show a bitter expression unable to answer her. He then turned to the frost queen as he called her name.

"Clariss, can you please produce a 『Frost Mirror』on my body."

She raised her brow towards him as she then said.
"To go that far?
Well, those beams of her's are a huge pain.
Fine, but don't complain about how cold it's going to be."

While moving towards him she then turned her head to the other three.
"I advice you all to flee from this place.
I highly doubt you can offer us support in this fight."

Esla retorts.
"But why!?"

To the queen's retort.
"Tell me...
Can you control your strength's to keep yourself from killing her?
Can you protect yourself and keep her from killing you?"

As Esla thought of her words, she then understood.
She just performed a devastating attack, that placed the former demon-king himself into a corner.
The best she could do is act as a simple distraction but if Estel were to aim for her life...

She then gathered her courage as she said.

"Ye-" as she was about to say the word.

Another large wide beam came directly at them, unable to think its bright light was about to swallow her. A giant frost shield mirror then appeared from her side to block it as it reflected towards the ground below them leaving a crater as it produced a ball of light on its impact.

Estel's blood lust still remained as she relentlessly attacks while her grandfather buys them time.

The queen who carried it, then said.
"Do you understand the situation now?
It will be harder on Estel if she discovers that she killed her own sister you know?"

Esla who heard her words could only cry and flee her fiancee followed, he then nodded to the queen as they left.

Seid, on the other hand, conjured a small floating golem to record what was happening.
Also to scout the surroundings for anyone who could possibly interfere or become a distraction.

It was then at this moment, a battle to rescue Estel were about to begin.

________________________________________________________________________________

=3= Sorry, I'm not very good in writing.
As this is the second story I wrote.
[The first one was more of a mess. X_x]

28