Chapter 51: This Screwed Up Life of mine. -part 3-
1k 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

// The Shifting Scales of the White Dragons. //

What happens when the silver scale of a white dragon is tainted in darkness?
What happens when the once harmless race altered its once pure being that manipulated the light.
Into a being that controlled the shadows?

Originally the dark dragons are supposedly the only race that could do such a thing.
Our tough scales, Quick Regeneration and ability to turn the very darkness into our own power are what makes us stronger than any of the races.

On the Light dragon side which is supposedly our opposite:
They can break any kind of magic upon contact with their scales, claws or bones.
However, their body is much more fragile and more vulnerable to physical attacks.
Quite similar to the race known as humans.

But...
Things change completely...
When their scales are tainted in their own darkness.

Their ability to shatter magic disappear from their own scales.
Instead of breaking magic.
It is replaced by something more sinister...

Something that most beings would fear.

Tell me...

How do you defeat an opponent which causes the direct opposite of their once simple fragile existence?

The fragile scales completely changed into an unspeakable force of nature which absorbs the very fabric of the world into its own.
As long as light and darkness exists.

It will strengthen not only their own body but also their ability to use magic without end,
At the same time disintegrating everything around them and turning them into their power.

As they lose themselves in a fury of an eternal rampage without end.

In the past, there were large records about them.
when the dragons of light remained in this world.

Those who discovered them were given a few choices.
Either to put them down...
Or risking yourself trying to knock them out.

They also told in tales capable of destroying an entire country and fought the immortals that claimed themselves to be gods. Though little is recorded is accurate, but as we watch her fight.
Those records possessed truths in them.

The name.

Bringers Of Calamity suited them.
________________________________________________________________________________

// To Stop A Calamity. //

As the battle rages between the three dragons.
There was a certain problem that had begun to surface.

The Frost Queen then asked Tyr.
"Do you see, what I am seeing?"

Tyr could only grimace at what he was looking at.
"Our time is getting shorter," he said.

Estel's body was beginning to wane, her scale that absorbed mana around the place had begun to cause her human flesh to bleed. A consequence of her reckless use of movement and magic.

It was only a matter of time before her body succumbs while remaining in a state of frenzy.
However... her body that could no longer keep up, did not hinder her speed at all.

It was then we realized she was no longer able to feel a sense of pain or danger,
that she continued to attack them with only a single driven emotion.

During the fight, both of us.
Refrained using any forms of spells that could harm her physically.
Nor have we engaged her in order to observe how she will continue to attack.

A single mistake will prove fatal for her and for both of us.
Our goal was to save her, but it's proving both difficult and dangerous.

As Tyr tries to reach for her head with magic on his hand in an attempt to knock her out.
She swiftly tried to rip his hand with her darkened claws, disintegrating anything it touched while one of the tendrils of her wings produced a beam aiming with lethal intent as he skillfully blocked them with a frozen mirror around his body by the queen while retreating.

Clariss the Frost Queen took the opportunity while she was attacking Tyr, coming closer from behind but her wings moved as though it has a mind of its own, as it tried to gouge her with its tendrils.

But soon were faced with a spherical bomb of light and darkness, which she swiftly flew away with quick haste. After realizing her beams were worthless against her mirror of ice,
Estel changed the way of attack, which made things even harder for both of us.

As Clariss retreated with a frustrated expression on her face.
she then said.

"She will turn into a cripple at this rate!"

Tyr himself was also getting impatient, things were growing dire by the second.
They expected her to weaken by buying time, but it only made it worse.

Her body was beginning to bleed out, her face remained smiling as if nothing was wrong. Despite the blood beginning to fall from her mouth, also part of her body was twitching as though it was crying out in pain.

It was then Tyr asked.

"Can you suppress her wings?"

Indeed her wings were the greatest threat.
It functioned like extra limbs which can attack at different angles.
If producing beams of penetrating destruction wasn't enough.
It was also capable of producing spherical bombs through mixing light and darkness.
That causes a disintegrating explosion, that is likely no one would survive unscathed upon taking it.

Not only that it also possessed a mind of its own as the two observed her.

Because of this, it left a large number of craters in the forest while the two both of us were unable to safely reach her.

Clarissa then complained to me.
As she then said.

"Haaa!?
Getting close to those things is tough enough!
You are aware a slight mistake would undoubtedly get myself obliterated!"

But Tyr simple grinned at her in response as he said.
"I never expected the daughter of Natasha to be so weak hearted."

But the agitated Queen retorts to him in annoyance.
"Say's the man that cruelly chose to cheat on my own mother and replace her with a crazed light dragon!

AT LEAST MY HUSBAND KEPT ME AT HIS SIDE AS HIS QUEEN!"

Tyr could only look away as she said those words, but she then said.

"It may be true I complained, but I never said I couldn't handle it."

"Those wings are capable of breaking magic too.
I'll need time to produce an equal power to restrain those wings.
But you need to seal her movement during that time."

The moment she said those words, I understood what she was going to perform.

A spell is known as『True Frost』freezing an opponent with an ancient spell from her race..
I suppose it cannot be helped,
Her wings easily dispelled her attacks as though swatting a fly.
The moment she tried to suppress it,
She was then forced to fight cautiously upon that discovery.

If she uses that...
It would at least take time for her wings to destroy that kind of magic before it breaks free.

He then nods to her in response.

While she continued her assault on him,

He was slowly transforming his body, dark scales were now visible around his body focused solely on hardening his body while avoiding her attacks. His intent was to buy time for the frost queen to attack.

When she started gathering the frost around her body she produced a magic circle below her feet.
Her very scales then changed most of her own skin into azure scales revealing a radiant blue light around her body as it gleamed in the area.

Estel swiftly noticed the danger of her presence as she changed her target aiming at her.
Her grandfather had already predicted her movement, as he blocked her path while performing a wide swing which she acrobatically avoided while countering with the tendrils of her right wings with a wide smile.

He guarded with the scale of his left arm, as it pierced the scales with ridiculous strength.
As his feet grinded the earth, he stood his ground as he saw her hand about to claw him with lethal intent, which he blocked once but this time with his right arm, again as he coughed in blood.

But she wasn't finished her left hand and right wings were free as it came at him with a ruthless intent to kill. He gazed at her in dread while gritting his teeth preparing for the worst.

But then...

『Sleep eternally...』

In a mere instant, the droplets of rain around them turned into tiny ice,
Controlling her power she froze her wings and arms along with her feet.
Her movement was instantly put to a halt.

But during this moment, Estel wasn't about to go down so easily.
Opening her mouth a sphere of light had begun to accumulate in front of him.
Cornered once again, a projectile reached the sphere from behind Tyr.

It was the bone knife which she had Clariss carry for him, in-case things were to go awry.
It pierced the sphere as it shattered in front of him as it struck one of the frozen wings behind her as it created a crack.

While her grandfather who was bound by the frozen tendril and her claw could only do one thing.
With his own limbs frozen connected to it,
He pushes his body towards her, as it soon tore his arm off as blood gushed out.

"Guuuuaaaaaaah." while approaching her in desperation while discarding both his limbs,

One of the Frozen limbs broke free where the knife had struck.
It pierced his right shoulder as he ignored the pain while digging into him while reaching his wing and reached closer to her.

He focused certain magic into his head to perform a single attack.
A heavy mind-shattering headbutt aimed at her head.

It was at that moment...
The battle was concluded.

Tyr made contact directly to her skull as both of them were afflicted by his own magic.

Estel was knocked unconscious, along with her grandfather.

Her own wings slowly disappeared like an illusion, as her hands return to a human but bits of her scales remained.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Aftermath... //

A few moments had passed, the carriage were soon permitted to enter where they were.
Seid had prevented Leanne and the carriage from entering the place where they had battled.
But the scene simple surprised them the moment they were finally allowed by him.

Craters and signs of a fierce battle were visually seen, corpses of soldiers and banners of the Order of light was completely in sight. It was like a graveyard, but they soon saw a frozen shelter.

As the rain continued to fall and the frost queen had made a large icy shelter for everyone.
Surprisingly the ice wasn't exuding cold air that would cause chill's anyone who touched it.
It was like stones made out of ice.

Esla cried with worry for Estel as she watched her battered body, she had a heavy fever as her body showed signs of burns and bruises that anyone would turn away just by gazing at it.
Her Dark hair and red eyes made their similarity as siblings even more recognizable.

Her fiance simply assisted the queen while she put her grandfather together.
While Tyr himself had been woken up by Queen herself as she stitches his limbs back to his arms,
but then complained to her.

"Couldn't you at least do this while I was asleep?"

She smiled wickedly at him.
"Why would I do that.
My mother loathes you,
I'm sure telling her what I just did would surely make her happy."

He could only reply.
"As wicked as your mother."

As she then pulls one of the threads as he flinched in pain while groaning.
"I'm sorry, stop!"

She continued to stitch it while tormenting him.
But then asked him a question.

"Why would you go so far to discard your one of your limbs for her?
Your left arm, the menders can easily help you recover.

But as for your right limb...
It won't recover so easily after this..."

Even with his quick regeneration...
The moment Estel's the moment her claw dug into his limb, he instantly felt it grow numb, her claws were able to disintegrate its innards.

The moment she saw it, she then wondered why would he take on such a dangerous attack.

He then replied to her with a tired and drunken expression,

"I've already failed once in saving them,
This is just a meager sacrifice to my many failures." She sighed in response.
But then pulled out the bone knife which she used to break her own ice.

"To think, you would turn the bones of your dead wife into a weapon.
You're quite heartless."

He then retorts.
"It was my wife's idea,
She wanted me to keep it as a memento and for emergencies."

Clicking her tongue, she could only feel agitation in his words.
"Tch!, Now I know why my mother hated that selfless wench."

Tyr could only look away from her with a guilty expression on his face while saying those words.
The moment she finished stitching his limbs, she stood while gazing the corner where Estel rested in.

"So this is what he meant by Loss...
To think a Moonlight hid underneath our noses this whole time.
The council will likely strangle each other with this."

As she said those words,
She then turned to the humans as she asked a few questions regarding Estel.
Leanne later on became the representative of her nation as she explained the matter and situation to them.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Seid Circumstances //

I have a letter from his majesty...
He told me to pass it unto his majesty grandfather the former demon-king in great secrecy. But...

How am I supposed to do such a thing!?
When the Queen mother is right beside him!?
Not only that, he told me to never let her find out.
I didn't expect her to be coming along.

Ugh, what a pain this task is...
Not only that, we found her daughter rampaging in the middle of the forest while corpses of soldiers from who-knows-where!

But still...
What the hell is up with that ridiculous power!?
I recall she was from a weak race, but that was completely out of this world!

Even if I were to participate in such a fight, I would be left with no choice but to fight to the death.

It's amazing how the Queen and Former managed to handle her while she was going crazy like that.

What exactly happened though?

We were only told by that princess that she was kidnapped and they came to rescue her.
But to cause such a frenzied state, I can't imagine what pushed her to become like that.

He then deeply exhaled as he then said to himself.
Well, it doesn't really concern me.
She is safe, that is all that matters.

But then he recalled his situation with the king's letter.

Agh!, What a pain this the task given to me!
I didn't sign up for this!
If I knew this was going to happen, I should have had someone else do this for him.
But rejecting the demon-king himself is absolutely unforgivable as one of his men.

While watching his surroundings his eyes turned to Estel who is now with her sister.
There was no mender's around, the gate is nearing its closing hours.

The Queen and the former had decided to prepare to leave and return to the castle to heal two severely wounded, I can assume they would send Rue to deal with the issue concerning the humans who attempted the kidnapping.

After stitching up the former demon-king,
I can assume we will fly back to the palace and return to the castle.

He then gazed at the letter and tucked it into his pocket with a deep sigh.
Still, I suppose all I can do is apologize.
I just hope, I'll keep my head for this.

As he soon left the Icy shelter he soon gazed at the surrounding.
[Uwaah, this place is one big mess.]

Broken tree's, gigantic craters and even more craters with abnormal lines everywhere.
His only thought at that moment was...
[Scary...] While holding onto the golem which recorded their fight.

[I don't think anyone would dare harass the princess anymore if this spreads in the castle.]

Later on, the queen asked how long the gate would remain working.
Seid who requested it's activation said it will remain open in another hour.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Dillemma //

After explaining to them the situation,
It was soon explained to me that the azure woman was actually the Queen of the demon kingdom herself.

I paled and froze from where I stood, it was ridiculous.
Now that I thought about it, the one who visited us was the demon king's mistress.
Not the Queen of her nation.

"Your quite a brave child of your country,
Though I advise you shouldn't speak too much  
when you do not understand what is happening."
Her azure draconic eyes were gazing at her like prey.
I wasn't able to talk back when she said those words.

As she then continued to speak.
"But for taking care of this daughter of mine.
I'll forgive your transgression," as she said those words I felt joy.

But then...

"However, We must return to our home if you seek your companion to be saved.
Estel herself must return too.
because she will soon become the crowned princess of her own country."

"Eh?" my face swiftly froze.
I thought she was rejected?
What's with this sudden change of heart?
Didn't she hate her country-men?

I wanted to ask questions about her.
Why did your people despise her?
Wouldn't she be angry?

I then said to her.
"Didn't your country scorn her?"

Her eyes turned to me with an agitated expression,
I flinched at how terrifying and daunting her stature was.
It reminded me of my own parents.
I was used to it.

But these were the question that puzzled me many times over.
I wanted to know...
So I gathered my courage and asked once again.
 
"I don't know what happened to her.
How she did all this...
But why are you giving her a title she doesn't want?"

She closed her eyes, then smiled as she spoke to her with sharpness in her voice.
"Truly, what a brave child you are...
To be able to speak your mind, for her sake.
I commend you.

However...

That is for her to decide.
Not yours
." as she said those words, I understood.

[They were about to pull her into something troublesome again.
But If I were to put my nose into it,
Nothing good will come of it.]

As soon as her grandfather recovered, a large wyvern soon landed where we were while we rode to my home on it.
I had to report to my mother regarding the incident and plans on participating in a party two days from now...
Leanne herself could only groan in worry, during those moment.

As for Levere himself, he told us that he would be fine and return to the academy by horse.
His men would later be picked up by his own people later on.

=3= Finally wrote it, though I wish I described it better.
if it sucks it sucks, if its great it's great!

28